The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seriously asking myself if it's worth it to pay 15-20% more and wait an additional six weeks or so in order to have an exclusive head that will never be taken out of the box...

If there were problems with the paint job, it might be worth it because having a detachable head makes it so much easier to get it repainted. But that doesn't seem to be to be a problem, so for me the answer was a definite "no."

By the way, I was surprised to see that Indy's shirt has two snaps on it. You can actually open it up pretty far to reveal his chest, which has been painted up pretty well. The only problem is that when you do this, the snaps themselves are visible, which kind of ruins the look. I'm surprised they included snaps at all.

Well I just got off the phone with SS, and I talked to Cathy. She said that Indy should get to their warehouse either this week or next week, and then they'll be sent off to everyone. She said as soon as they get notification that they are on the truck to the warehouse they'll start sending out the processing emails. I also asked about the Exclusive and she said that from what she can see, they should also be getting those in at the same time as the regulars.

I also asked about the ones that retailers have been getting and sending out to customers, and she said that the reason for that was they got a separate small shipment to send out to the retailers. So that's about all the information I was able to get, I asked my brother and he said he's gonna wait it out with SS for his. He said he waited this long so what's a little longer.

By the way, as I mentioned a while back, my piece was actually drop-shipped from Sideshow. There was a note in my box that said that they had sent it as a courtesy on behalf of Dark Shadow. So apparently Sideshow does have some of them, if only the regulars.

That is common practice, Fireside Collectibles used to do that all the time.

I'm seriously asking myself if it's worth it to pay 15-20% more and wait an additional six weeks or so in order to have an exclusive head that will never be taken out of the box...

To be honest, when I saw the diff. was an Indy with a hat and an Indy w/o, i'd never display him w/o a hat, so the exclusive was a moot point.
Even remembered when they had to staple the hat to his head so it would not come off.

And with the recent movie, "not yet, kid"
Indy's fedora and whip are a part of Indy as much as him being afraid of snakes...

now for the sake of argument, if the diff. of say... *ahem* Boba Fett making the braids the exclusive... no brainer there ;P

I just got my processing e-mail from Sideshow. It's for the Reg, but hopefully y'all with exclusives will be getting yours soon. Good luck.

I just got my processing e-mail from Sideshow. It's for the Reg, but hopefully y'all with exclusives will be getting yours soon. Good luck.

I got the processing email from Sideshow as well, and it is for the exclusive. :whip

Back