The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think long and hard about that one. The Indy standard is definitely the only one needed but we don't know really how he'll do on the secondary market. Now Thor? History has shown that those who pass up Marvel PF and sit on their laurels usually end up paying multiple times retail in the end

Ask yourself this question: "Am I a bigger movie nerd, or a bigger comic nerd?" and the answer will be presented to you.

Movie nerd... but I have a crapload of Marvel PFs. It's the one line I collect the most... but I love Indy. DAMMIT! Indy is cheaper...probably cost less to ship too since he's smaller.

Think long and hard about that one. The Indy standard is definitely the only one needed but we don't know really how he'll do on the secondary market. Now Thor? History has shown that those who pass up Marvel PF and sit on their laurels usually end up paying multiple times retail in the end

Yeah, tell me about it. Most of my Marvel PFs command much more than I paid.. while my movie PFs sell for less on eBay than I paid. hehe

But man, they sure are pretty.. like my Darkness PF.

Maybe I'll sell off some stuff to get both. I am selling one of my Caps. I have two.. so I can display one in WWII and the other in modern. Using that money to buy the Red Skull PF.

Don't know how true this really is but I've always felt comic characters seem to have an easier time crossing generations while TV/Movie based characters seem to be most fervently followed by a specific generation (or two).

If your worried about long term value it seems (to me) comic based characters have a better chance of retaining their value then TV/movie based
characters, but what I do I know :lol

Marvel pieces tend to go up in value over time pretty reliably. Don't count on being able to pick up one--particularly an exclusive--down the road for less than retail.

Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Stardust) will be directing a Thor movie scheduled for release in 2009. So Thor demand is going to be on the way up, not down.

Remember what happened to my pre-order? I supposedly pre-ordered the Excl. Indy PF but I got a product number with no '1' at the end, so I asked, and Dusty told me that even though it said 'Exclusive' I had pre-ordered the regular edition. So I went to my account and the word Exclusive had disappeared! That's kind of what happened. I wrote Sideshow asking about this and look what they answered:
Dear Pedro, Thank you for your e-mail to our Customer Service Department and for your interest in our products. I can confirm that your order #T68..... is for the Sideshow Exclusiveversion of the Premium Format Indiana Jones figure.

So i checked my account again and they had changed it back to Exclusive, with no wait list conversion of any kind!! I hope it's not a mistake again. I can almost 99% sure say I got my exclusive Indy!

Remember what happened to my pre-order? I supposedly pre-ordered the Excl. Indy PF but I got a product number with no '1' at the end, so I asked, and Dusty told me that even though it said 'Exclusive' I had pre-ordered the regular edition. So I went to my account and the word Exclusive had disappeared! That's kind of what happened. I wrote Sideshow asking about this and look what they answered:

So i checked my account again and they had changed it back to Exclusive, with no wait list conversion of any kind!! I hope it's not a mistake again. I can almost 99% sure say I got my exclusive Indy!

Good for you!

Most waitlists convert.

I'm not bothered about the exclusive at all. I got the none exclusive as this one won't have a line round the neck were you remove the head. Crap exclusive anyway why would you wont Indy without his hat? its part of him.

I'm not bothered about the exclusive at all. I got the none exclusive as this one won't have a line round the neck were you remove the head. Crap exclusive anyway why would you wont Indy without his hat? its part of him.

It's about display possibilities. It is obvious that Indy must wear his hat, but it's not that bad having the possibility of displaying him looking slightly different, to see his face better. I don't think you can see the neck line at all, I have the Spike and Angel PF statues and you can't see the lines with any of the heads. Also, for some of us EU customers, that plan on getting this high priced collectibles directly from the official website, there's no use ordering the regular, because we're going to pay just the same. For me, the exclusive accesory, pointless or not, is just a added extra that's going to cost me nothing. Don't know if I made my point... :eek:

It's about display possibilities. It is obvious that Indy must wear his hat, but it's not that bad having the possibility of displaying him looking slightly different, to see his face better. I don't think you can see the neck line at all, I have the Spike and Angel PF statues and you can't see the lines with any of the heads. Also, for some of us EU customers, that plan on getting this high priced collectibles directly from the official website, there's no use ordering the regular, because we're going to pay just the same. For me, the exclusive accesory, pointless or not, is just a added extra that's going to cost me nothing. Don't know if I made my point... :eek:

That would be all well and good if Sideshow had also included a loose hat, like they are with the 1/6. As it stands, I remain firm on my opinion that a hatless Indy without at least the hat to hold is utterly useless and not like the character in any way, shape or form. That's been the main point from the beginning (compounded by the lack of a gun-holding right hand).

Finally ordered one from CSC. They charge a 15% cancellation fee so I have to get it. I'm not paying $40 for the honor of not paying $250.

I think you guys like to see this as much as I did. :horror

A truly great work of art from Trevor …simply amazing. :bow

indy_pf_sculpt.jpg

:banana

Christ wow, just wow!! But I can see some detail was lost in paint, so both my heads will be sent off.

But I do not understand why the hat is not fabric, with or without wire inserts. I think that would have just added even more to this already killer piece of art. Other than that, just an amazing piece of work!

Crom! :bow :bow :bow

I wasn't so crazy about the hatless head... but those pics make me even more glad I'm getting one now!

Awe inspiring. Not only does it look like Ford but it looks like a 'Trevor' as well. You can feel his hand in it. Great work and thanks for posting this!

TREVOR! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

One of the BEST likeness sculpts I have ever seen!

Sideshow DO NOT SCREW THIS UP WITH CRAPPY PAINT. I will be extremely disappointed if they do and it's a mockery to Trevor's fantastic work on the sculpt.

Last edited:
Back