The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got my T number, but I bet I clicked the "place order" button 20 times before I got it! I just hope I don't have 20 on order now!!! :lol

That actually happened one time during a Spooktacular special... I couldn't get the order to go through and kept trying until it was listed as sold out, and then, I had 12 orders for one of their military figures! I immediately canceled all but one, and the real irony was that the server had "sold" (I think it was a freebie) more than they had and my one remaining order was canceled anyway!!! :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, For the first time ever I could not get through using my PC at home!:monkey4 My Mom ordered the Exclusive for me at her workplace!:joy

Dusty, thanks -- I cleared my Sideshow Cookies, and managed to get into My Account and see what's happening there.

Mmm, Sideshow Cookies. :)

Based on all that, I would fully expect the Reg Indy to have his head fully attached (liked glued and the join painted over), the idol and maybe the whip may come sperate.

Pretty much what I figured. Thanks!

I'm not sure, and also not sure if production would know that yet either. They normally do not design the box until the first pre-production samples come in. I'm sure there will be more updates about this much-anticipated figure as it gets closer to the shipping date - in the blog, or podcast, or videos or something :duff

Thanks, Dusty. My gut, and theguru1 above, tell me it will probably be fixed on the Reg PF. No problem with that. I'm gonna bet the paint work on this will be stellar for such a popular piece so I should have no reason to remove the head.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or not (so many Indy threads), but a lot of people worked on this piece. It's nice to see that they all got credit.

Artists:

Greg Mowry of Geppetto Productions
Kevin Ellis
Heath Hammond
Anthony Mestas
Trevor Grove
Jared Chapman
Tim Niver
Bernardo Esquivel
Mike Arbios
Chadwick Andersen
Jesse Lincoln
Seth Rinaldi
Tom Gilliland
Erick Sosa
The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Yep credit where credit is due..superb job all round :duff

Lets hope they are all now currnetly working on the Temple of Doom premium format...:D

I would be very surprised if the head on the regular Indy isn't removable. Like I said earlier I imagine they would ship him w/o the head attached.

Agree 100%. Especially with the hat and all. No way it'll be one piece

I'm not so sure, the Van Helsing PF had a similar hat and the head wasn't removable. :huh Also, the Ironman Exclusive had a removable head but the regular was fixed.

Dusty, can you find out for us if the head on the regular is fixed or if it's separate just like the exclusive.

I think it'll be fixed personally, they're pretty good at designing the boxes so parts that stick out are nicely protected. I don't think Indy's hat brim will be in more danger than Vader's helmet which is pastic and thinner (I would think) than the brim of Indy's hat. Plus Maul's arm is extended back and only the hand (I'm guessing due to the lightsaber) was detached, and on Spidey who has his legs spread apart, one arm back and one pointing forward was all in one piece.

I'm not so sure, the Van Helsing PF had a similar hat and the head wasn't removable. :huh Also, the Ironman Exclusive had a removable head but the regular was fixed.

Dusty, can you find out for us if the head on the regular is fixed or if it's separate just like the exclusive.

Well another member mentioned that the regular release of Angel did not have a removable head... so I'm less inclined to agree with my earlier statement :lol

I ordered the regular edition from Adam (Dark Shadow Collectibles). I have no interest in the exclusive at all. So, I didn't even bother trying to order one.

Regular Edition all the way.

:rock

Picked up an exclusive for myself and a std edition as a long promised Christmas present for my folks - It has had a place of honor in waiting at the right of my Dad's projection screen. The left side has been well guarded for a couple years by Mr. Bond, ... James Bond (Connery), who is also, it now occurs to me, a Jones boy himself.

I'm a little curious what will develop with this product line. Indy is my #1 favorite film character, but the series is so much about him, there is much less opportunity for development of ensemble characters than in StarWars or LOTR. I've enthusiastically waited for this piece going back much before it was even in any rumoured stage, trusting that Sideshow would have to eventually get rights, and take the opportunity. It's hard to predict though what even my own level of enthusiasm would be for other PF's. Sala ? Marion ? Belloq ? Henry Sr. ? It will be interesting to see.

Hopefully people cancel their Exclusion version so my waitlist clears; I am a sucker for extra heads!

There should be a lot of cancelations or adjustments after yesterday's confusion...but it all depends on where you are on the WL. I think I'm far behind many. And there's only 1,000 pieces. Not a lot.

Yeah, but also the initial excitement will wear off and people will start to think about all the rest they could do with $280. I imagine if you got on fairly early you'll be okay.

There should be a lot of cancelations or adjustments after yesterday's confusion...but it all depends on where you are on the WL. I think I'm far behind many. And there's only 1,000 pieces. Not a lot.

I also think I'm far behind a lot of people. I spent hours trying to get on the wait list after all the confusion with my order. I just hope there are enough cancellations for you to get your exclusive... and why not, for me also... :D

I really had no plan to buy this piece, I love Indy, the likeness is great, Sideshow hasn't steered me wrong with a PF yet; but I just don't know where I'd put it and I'm not too keen on spending $280 on a statue. So PPO wasn't even on my radar. And heck, I really only have horror stuff in my collection now, with the exception of *some* Doctor Who and Star Was.

Then I made the mistake of going to Sideshow's site (not knowing about PPO) and seeing the site was running terribly slow and figured PPO was going on. I then went on to do other things. I came back 15 minutes later and the page was loaded. Then I went to the Freaks board to see what people were saying about PPO. What I read was "cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria." I took it as a sign that the Indy PF was destined to be mine and I put the order in.

Now, I really hate to be "that guy," but when shipping time comes, if I can get a reg for a good price and sell the exclusive for extra $$$ to put toward the exclusive, I will not hesitate to do that. It sounds like a lot of people that got the exclusive have the same plan, and a lot of people that missed out really wanted the exclusive, so it's a ^^^^ty situation, but it is what it is.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, I just thought I'd share.

3 Non-marvel statues on my way:

Anakin PF

Aragorn PF

and

Indy PF

:rock Thank you Everone at Sideshow

for making me one broke bastard

Back