The Indy Acquisitions ("Look What I Found") Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up the new EMPIRE magazine today as well as the Indiana Jones Ultimate Guide.
The extra book with Empire has essays by Ford, Lucas, Spielberg, Marshall and many others about how they came to be involved with Indy and their thoughts on the films. Lots of fun to read it in their own words. Grab it if you see it. My son has been playing with his Indiana Jones whip for a few days now and loving every minute of it.

So I assume you're in Oklahoma? Where at? I'm in Stillwater... they had them at the one I went to today.

I'm over here in Claremore. Hopefully they'll stop dragging their asses at the Wally here and put some stuff out in the morning so I don't have to do more running around in Tulsa than necessary. I used to enjoy making all day toy runs on the weekends when I first started collecting, but I've definitely lost my taste for it.

I'm in Bartlesville and found Cairo Indy, Marion, German Soldier, Cairo Swordsman, Sallah and the German Cargo truck at Kmart. I'll probably check Walmart tomorrow.

I didn't realize there were a number of us in Oklahoma. We need an OK get together!

Today I got:

-Indiana Jones: KotCS Teaser poster (from IndyShop)
-Indiana Jones: KotCS Black Shirt (from IndyShop)
-"Idol Grab" Indy figure

I almost like the teaser poster better than the actual Indy poster. It's iconic just having Indy there and just selling his return just by himself.

I almost like the teaser poster better than the actual Indy poster. It's iconic just having Indy there and just selling his return just by himself.

I agree. I definitely prefer the teaser to the final one.

In fact, that's the case with all of the INDY one-sheets since TEMPLE OF DOOM: I end up liking the iconic teasers much more.

Not that there is anything wrong with the final one, mind you.

Eh. I'll definitely pass on that one. Not a character I'd be interested in having in 1/6 even if it was good, really.

But where did you get the pic?

I've found 14 of the 17 base figures so far. I'm now only looking for...

Mutt figure (2nd one, with no jacket)
Cemetery Warrior figure
Russian Soldier figure

Deluxe Figures (haven't seen any yet)

12" Figures (haven't seen any yet)

I walked into Wal-Mart on Thursday morning when a Hasbro....yes, a Hasbro rep was opening the boxes....I bought every single and deluxe figure, Mr. Potato Head Indy and the Truck. The only one that I don't have now is the Cemetary Warriror. All the rest are in the bag.....and I was not going to collect these either!

Talk about an Impulse purchase....$225 later.... :horror

Are people really having that much trouble finding the Cemetary Warrior?

Man, I'm regretting not buying that ONE I saw.

I had one of those cemetary guys today but decided not to get it and threw it back into the reshop cart. it looked alright, but I have no need for that figure, might as well let someone who wants it get it.

I'm in Bartlesville and found Cairo Indy, Marion, German Soldier, Cairo Swordsman, Sallah and the German Cargo truck at Kmart. I'll probably check Walmart tomorrow.

I didn't realize there were a number of us in Oklahoma. We need an OK get together!

A Midwest Freak-a-thon :rock

Funny thing is, we have 2 Wal Marts... one had the Indy figures and Hulk, but the other just had the same old stuff. Very odd.

Eh. I'll definitely pass on that one. Not a character I'd be interested in having in 1/6 even if it was good, really.

But where did you get the pic?

From the hasbro web site. I was suprised to see it.

I might part with a few sheckles for the Mutt, and Dovchenko 12" figures, maybe one or two others to customise. Definetly NOT the Indy figures. Just enough to get that Sweet Ark!!

Was at a local WM last night around midnight after seeing Iron Man and they had nothing.

Was at a local WM last night around midnight after seeing Iron Man and they had nothing.

Strange how it seems like the street dates for some of these things really just ammounts to when the store's should get their shipments by but doesn't mean it'll hit the shelves, which is frustrating as a collector hoping to get stuff and particularly when it's first out before things are gone.

Yeah, i expected to see something since they had stuff for Hulk, Iron Man, etc. out but no Indy.

god, trying to find stroes that had out Iron man merch. out on its street date was the most frustrating excersie ever. " we can't put those out yet..." (the street date being 2 weekes prior...)

Hey I was just wondering, for those stickers you have to send it, can you use more then one of the same one, or does it have to be different characters from the same series?

Instead of Dovchenko and the Nazi they should have filled the 12" line with exotic looking baddies like the cairo swordsman - particularly a Mola Ram (with heart accessory) big Thuggee guard and red coated Thugee guard.

Here in the UK my local TRU had what looked like just one box of ROTLA figures out on the pegs and one box of deluxe figures - Indy with ark, Marion and Cairo assassin, and the German soldier twopack. Have the other deluxe figures hit the States, or are they being released in a different wave? On the back of the deluxe figures I got they only show two other deluxe packs, not all seven.

No KOTCS, 12", vehicles, or adventure heroes here yet (although the heroes are on sale on play.com).

Hey I was just wondering, for those stickers you have to send it, can you use more then one of the same one, or does it have to be different characters from the same series?

Any combination will do. All 6 could be the same and it wouldn't matter.

Back