The Hulk is the Greatest hero of all.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the Ultimates............

The Wasp flew into the Hulk's nasal cavity or his ear canal, made her way to some part of his brain and zapped him..............turning him into Banner.............the is right , The Wasp.............

Thor pounded and pounded and pounded on the Hulk............Broke his all sorts of things.............Thor stoped pounding and asked if Hulk was ready to give up............Hulk swung around, said something to the affect, "No, hippie's hammer just made Hulk hornie for Bettie again"..............and knocked Thor's a$$ a couple of blocks away...........

For those of you who are not reading The Ultimates, go pic up the trade paperbacks..............the current issues usually have a couple of months in between each issue, but you can get the earlier issies in TPB form..........I love the 616 Marvel Universe, the proper one..............but the Ultimate universe, for the most part, is a great breath of fresh air. No continuity problems to have to follow. This is strictly my opinion.

Last edited:
Oh, DC comics are great......................when you are freakin 4 years old.

Sorry, but you cannot compare the strengths of the Hulk and Super-duper Man................especially by any comic book that DC and Marvel crossed over............They write these cross-overs to have a balance, basically having a stale mate. If Supermangina beats the Hulk.................Someone else usually beats Batman...............If the Green Arrow gets lucky and beats Hawkeye..............Quicksilver beats The Flash...................and so on...........

When you out grow the Superman and Batman pajamas, then it is time to graduate to the Marvel Universe..........

Mithrandier said:

Sorry, but you cannot compare the strengths of the Hulk and Super-duper Man................especially by any comic book that DC and Marvel crossed over............They write these cross-overs to have a balance, basically having a stale mate. If Supermangina beats the Hulk.................Someone else usually beats Batman...............If the Green Arrow gets lucky and beats Hawkeye..............Quicksilver beats The Flash...................and so on...........

When you out grow the Superman and Batman pajamas, then it is time to graduate to the Marvel Universe..........

:lol :lol :mwaha :lecture :lecture :clap :clap :clap

So true, Mith...I've never understand why some people like the DC universe better than Marvel....Marvel rules...Batmans not bad as a character but Superman comics is for kiddies....or dweebs....lollll

*Waits for revenge of all the Superman fans*

Shai Hulud said:
:lol :lol :mwaha :lecture :lecture :clap :clap :clap

So true, Mith...I've never understand why some people like the DC universe better than Marvel....Marvel rules...Batmans not bad as a character but Superman comics is for kiddies....or dweebs....lollll

*Waits for revenge of all the Superman fans*

I am waiting as well.............

Seriously though Shai.............I think you might actually like the Ultimate version of the Hulk quite a bit...................

carbo-fation said:
Superman would kick hulks @$$ any day!! And last I checked, I am 21 and still think DC is much better than Marvel! :monkey3 :emperor

:lol :lol :lol :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Mithrandier said:

That's the biggest load of BS I've heard. I don't know how more mature marvel is compared to DC. They aren't that different. If you want to talk adult books then you've got Vertigo. To say Kurt Busiek's Superman is for kiddies is ludicrous. It's getting rave review from everyone -even those who don't like Supes.

I'm a DC and Marvel fan but this ridiculous notion that one is better than the other is an absurd and dated argument. They each have their good and bad stretches and right now both are hitting on all cylinders.

Rhodes said:
That's the biggest load of BS I've heard. I don't know how more mature marvel is compared to DC. They aren't that different. If you want to talk adult books then you've got Vertigo. To say Kurt Busiek's Superman is for kiddies is ludicrous. It's getting rave review from everyone -even those who don't like Supes.

I'm a DC and Marvel fan but this ridiculous notion that one is better than the other is an absurd and dated argument. They each have their good and bad stretches and right now both are hitting on all cylinders.

Sorry you took offense Rhodes, but go back and read in between the little snips about the age thing.
I agree that you cannot compare.

It was only my opinion and I stand by it.
I just do not care for DC or any of its characters.
Although I did love the Michael Keaton Batman movies and Batman Returns.
I tried to read DC comics.
Last thing I read was Death of Superman and Reign of Supermen and of course Batman Death in the Family and the Azreal mini, but nothing ever stuck.
I loved Batman and Superman as a kid, and as a kid I mean 10 or 12 or younger.
After I found Marvel, DC just never did anything for me after that.
Of course, aside from the Wonder Woman TV show, Linda Carter, woohoo, she was a hottie.

Last edited:
carbo-fation said:
Superman would kick hulks @$$ any day!! And last I checked, I am 21 and still think DC is much better than Marvel! :monkey3 :emperor

Do you still wear the pj's as well????:D I really do not wanna know..........

Mithrandier said:
Sorry you took offense Rhodes, but go back and read in between the little snips about the age thing.
I agree that you cannot compare.

It was only my opinion and I stand by it.
I just do not care for DC or any of its characters.
Although I did love the Michael Keaton Batman movies and Batman Returns.
I tried to read DC comics.
Last thing I read was Death of Superman and Reign of Supermen and of course Batman Death in the Family and the Azreal mini, but nothing ever stuck.
I loved Batman and Superman as a kid, and as a kid I mean 10 or 12 or younger.
After I found Marvel, DC just never did anything for me after that.
Of course, aside from the Wonder Woman TV show, Linda Carter, woohoo, she was a hottie.

Sorry if I overacted but I hear this all the time. I hear it from everyone where I've seen both sides of fans take pot shots at these characters (DC and Marvel). My favorite Marvel character is Matt Murdoch and I've argued to death that he wasn't a bonified Batman rip-off. Probably the biggest argument I've had -and is still ongoing- is when I say that Ang Lee's HULK was a damn good movie. I loved it and think it gets unfairly trashed. I went in thinking it was going to be a boring "HULK SMASH" type of movie. I was blown away by what I saw. Beautiful directing, Great acting (where is Nolte these days?), great soundtrack and just a great human drama overall.

I'll be the first to admit that comic book arguments bring out the over passionate geek in me (along with Politics and the Pittsburgh Steelers).

Mithrandier said:

Reverse that for me. I stopped reading Marvel when I grew out of my Hulk PJs and stopped eating the incredible Hulk green spinach pasta my mom made me eat. I've now moved on to bigger and better things in the DC universe. Marvel just has nothing interesting except for Premium Format statues.

Oh yeah, and on the crossover Batman/Hulk book it was the Joker who actually owned the Hulk first, then Batman kicked his ass while under the Jokers control.:D

No problem Rhodes, for the most part, I am just having fun posting. DC and Star Wars seem to be on the receiving end of my jokes most of the time, as well as the naysayers.

Unless you read all the titles both companies put out, you really cannot compare. The only way you would be able to compare, on a character level, not artist level, is if the same writer wrote every comic book. And even then you really couldn't compare cause you are still in different universes with different laws. All characters and companies are supposed to be different. If not, then why not just have one gigantic book. Every character changes with every new writer, and aside from Ultimate Spider-man, the d@mn writers tend to change every month. Continuity is lost as every writer wants every character to represent how they feel they should characterized, instead of how the creator made them to be.

Mithrandier said:
Continuity is lost as every writer wants every character to represent how they feel they should characterized, instead of how the creator made them to be.

Amen! Speak the truth!

wofford29 said:
Reverse that for me. I stopped reading Marvel when I grew out of my Hulk PJs and stopped eating the incredible Hulk green spinach pasta my mom made me eat. I've now moved on to bigger and better things in the DC universe. Marvel just has nothing interesting except for Premium Format statues.

Oh yeah, and on the crossover Batman/Hulk book it was the Joker who actually owned the Hulk first, then Batman kicked his ass while under the Jokers control.:D

Did you just say you ate Hulk green spinach pasta.................and not Popeye's............for shame, for shame............................for that reason, and that reason along I shall ignore you meager Hulk bashing.......:D

Did the pj's have holes for you feet to slip through???

awesome...............then they are not pj's...........pj's have enclosed feet........:confused:

It is.........I just made a feable attempt trying to stand up for the Hulk............

Hmm, looks like some Marvelites are looking for a banning...

I have ALWAYS preferred DC over Marvel - perhaps because I read them first, they're more iconic, more noble, less whiney...
sshield.gif

...and it's Dr. Dentons that have the feet as part of the sleepwear.

Back