"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really cool. The gold one is perfect for a bounty hunter man with no name.

It'd be a dream if Rainman did the Sharps 1874 he uses at the end of the film.

600pxgbusharps1874.jpg

Did that ever happen?

Apparently Studio DF did make four different rifles of the Old West in white metal & resin(?), and had them up for sale on ebay late last year: an 1860 Spencer rifle, 1873 "Mare's Laig" (Josh Randall style), an 1873 Winchester carbine, and an 1885 Winchester falling-block single shot High Wall model. As far as I know that's all they made, and I have no idea how many pieces they produced. I do hope they decide to release them again in sufficient quantities at some point though.

I'd really like to have a model of this '74 Sharps falling block rifle too, since it was used in the movie... despite the fact that it didn't exist yet at the time it was supposed to have taken place!

Hey, this thread's almost as cold as Angel Eyes' dead fingers! :thud:

Don't know if this will liven things up or not, but here are some pics of Rainman's MwNN Colt SAA Artillery .45 I recently repainted. My aged camera and poor lighting don't do it justice... it really looks MUCH better with the naked eye. I wanted it to be as screen accurate as possible and used lots of good references from FOD, FFDM, and my personal "Guns of the Old West" photo library.

I posted a thread in the CUSTOMS section if anyone's looking to having any Old West firearms repainted like this. I can most likely correct any warped barrels or other flaws which can occur with resin castings of custom-made weapons. Anyway, here's a link:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93828

P1010171.jpg

P1010187.jpg

Last edited:
Teddy and Snake... Mine is DF Studio. Somewhere in this thread is an image of DF next to Rainman showing how much better the likeness is on DF! a rare exception to the norm

Ok, I've got the ponchos and vests almost ready. Here's a shot of the finished product. The vest is made of sheepskin hide and the poncho is made from a fantastic microsuede fabric. I think they turned out pretty good. I'll probably do some weathering this weekend on them. I'll post how they turn out...

This is a very limited set so, if your interested, just pm me.

Thanks,

David

Working on a custom Rainman Colonel Mortimer (A Few Dollars More) and got all the whole Mortimer Arsenal made including the horse of course! :panic:

COLMORT.JPG

800px-FFDMbuntlinespecial-1.jpg

800px-FFDMsaddlebag.jpg

800px-FFDMbuntlinespecial-19.jpg

These were custom made by Stevostoys.com and are available for under $10 each cast in metal:

18" buntline
Ligtning rifle
Buntline special with shoulder stock:
NEW%20ARMS.jpg

Just thought I'd share these cool custom Mortimer parts some of you guys might like to get!

Last edited:
Back