The gallery bug on the Sideshow site is happening again!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faken

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Sideshow :)

Remember around this time last year (actually I think it was during Spooktacular) you guys addressed an issue when certain IE users would look at the gallery on a product page and the images would load towards the bottom of the screen and some of the pic would be cut off? It was a fairly limited issue and you guys did fix it by changing the lightbox script you use to load the images.

Well, it's doing it again... it started last week :( I'm on IE 8 and it does it both with or without compatibility mode enabled (It was fine when I upgraded, so I know it's not the browser). I'm running Vista 64bit in 1920 x 1200 res.

Thanks!
Dan

Marc has attempted a fix. Please clear your cache, cookies & history and restart your browser and try again! Let us know if it's still happening after doing so. :duff

I'm afraid it's still doing it Dusty, I spoke to Marc during SDCC chat but he was too busy to look at it. Definitely still an issue though :(

I use to have IE6. I finally took the plunge and upgraded to Opera 9.6 and I couldn't be happier with the results. I tried both IE7 and IE8 and I thought they both sucked tbh.

FireFox hommes.

Latest version of Firefox is a bust... known issue that it crashes when too many tabs are open in the latest version and still loads and renders slower than IE by a significant margin. Dictating what browsers clients should use to view a site = bad practices, teachers slap your hands for doing that.

I use to have IE6. I finally took the plunge and upgraded to Opera 9.6 and I couldn't be happier with the results. I tried both IE7 and IE8 and I thought they both sucked tbh.

Ah you guys with your browser preferences hehe... I develop and use them all, but how many non-savvy people use IE on the Sideshow site that could be having these issues?

And btw Opera's iffy Flash 10 support and slow run times make it ugh for me. Also weird button rendering and ignores CSS button style rules unless they finally fixed that.

But seriously... when a website is having a rendering issue, the worst answer is "change browser". Web best practices and accessibility compliance is fairly important to any web related business and cross-browser support is only ignored by amateur webmasters. When CEOs start hearing about lost dollars due to lax corss-browser support, heads usually start rolling lol!

Sideshow is doing the right thing by trying to resolve the issue by fixing the code, not by suggesting a browser change. *applause*

I have IE 8 and so far I'm happy with it. I don't think there's any browser that doesn't have it's problems from time to time.

Back