The Fly remake is coming...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ra88

Super Freak
Reaction score
...And it will be directed by Cronenberg!

Brundlefly returns and Cronenberg looks to be returning with him!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. A dark, twisted, cynical side of me was waiting for this news of a remake of David Cronenberg's remake of THE FLY because I could then pull out "Be afraid. Be VERY afraid" for the headline. But then David Cronenberg went and ^^^^ed that up for me. Thanks, Dave.

A remake/reimagining/reworking/whatever of THE FLY is indeed in the works according to Steven Zeitchik at Hollywood Reporter's Risky Business Blog, but it's being spearheaded by David Cronenberg himself. Word is he's directing and potentially writing this reboot.

I actually went to LA to see his bizarre opera based on THE FLY. I don't know if it was worth the north of $200 ticket, but I did enjoy myself.

I'm curious about this project. A part of me doesn't want to see Cronenberg going back to the well and a part of me is giddy as a schoolboy to see him tackle a big scale FLY movie again. Does this mean we're going to see Viggo Mortensen as Seth Brundle? Or will Cronenberg be ^^^^ing awesome and just pull Jeff Goldblum away from that cop show? Or will Seth Brundle even exist in the remake?

It might be better to go a whole new direction just as he did in the original remake. I do demand acid vomit melting off some *********'s foot, though.

So, yeah. We'll see how this progresses.

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/42466

fail-owned-hat-tan-fail.jpg

i don;t know man, The Fly without goldblum just wouldn't seem the same to me.:duh
but yeah other than that, i really wouldn't have much interest in this anyways.

While this film obviously doesn't need to be remade, I'm a tiny bit curious simply because Cronenberg is spearheading it.

beleive it when I see it.
They also were saying Barker was remaking Hellraiser a couple years back as well... and so far nothing ..

Sounds completely unnecessary on its face. But if there is one filmmaker who, at this moment, I have absolute faith in, it is Cronenberg. If he thinks that he can do something interesting and worthwhile with a remake, then I am all for it.

i don't get it. why would cronenberg wanna remake his own film? it's not like there was anything wrong with it. it's an excellent film, with great performances and make-up effects... :confused:

i don't get it. why would cronenberg wanna remake his own film? it's not like there was anything wrong with it. it's an excellent film, with great performances and make-up effects... :confused:

really, it's a dumb concept to redo your own film. Look at John Carpenter's remake of John Carpenter's The Fog....:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Well, we don't know anything about this yet really, so I don't want to start defending something I don't know much about. . .however, the Fog remake was not directed by Carpenter. He was listed as a writer, but as far as I know, that was just because the story from his first film was used. I don't know that he had anything else to do with the remake at all.

But even if he was involved, though Carpenter hit his career highs in the late 70s/early 80s, I feel that Cronenberg has done the very best work of his career over the last few years. I have seen numerous interviews with the guy and listened to various commentary tracks over his films, and he comes across as one of the most thoughtful and creative directing minds around. When he makes a film, it is not to make a quick buck. He wants to make art.

So to reiterate, if Cronenberg thinks that he can do something interesting by revisiting the Fly, I think that he deserves the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise. Who knows what he is thinking about, but I'm sure that there are themes, ideas, and types of imagery that he could bring to a remake that would lead to an entirely different experience than one had watching the first film.

I don't no what to think! i liked the fly 1 and 2 so why not make a fly 3 directed by the same guy it seems pointless! tho i hate the new remakes like that remake of friday the 13th it was ^^^^. Jason looked terrible in that film. It will be the same with the freddy remake! c'mon make the fly 3!!!!!

Back