The Fly 1 & 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope to see pics soon..I ordered this and cancel it at least 2-3 times back and forth...:eek:

I'll post some as soon as I can.
Mines scheduled to be here Tues... :monkey1

I am interested to see the production paint apps on these. I hope they come out great, the sculpts on these are amazing, I hope the paint apps are just as good.

I am interested to see the production paint apps on these. I hope they come out great, the sculpts on these are amazing, I hope the paint apps are just as good.

I also hope all the detail will remain intact (like the little hairs)

My Brundlefly just arrived today! It is awesome and perfect. I'm posting a few picks before I head out the door but anyone who has it on order is sure to be pleased.

More pics to come!

"What I'm saying is, I'm an insect who dreamed he was a man... and loved it."

One of my favorite lines from a horror movie... scratch that... MOVIE ever.

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

Doesn't seem quite as impressive as the website photos, but that may be due to lighting conditions and such (the colors--including the Telepod-ish base--appear to be washed out by the natural light).

And it appears that there are fly hairs coming out of the tip of the proboscis (as in the website photos), which is incorrect.

Last edited:
Just received my Brundlefly!

The outdoor photos don't do it justice--it's a gorgeous piece!

It's just as detailed and colorful as the website photos.

I'll post a more detailed review (and maybe some photos) soon.

Yeah, the outdoor photos I took are pretty merciless. The piece really is awesome. Hopefully you can post some pics with more dramatic lighting than mine. People who have this on order will not be disappointed.

Sorry for the quality of the photos. They're from a phone-camera.

The sculpt is dead-on, and the paint apps are excellent.

The only inaccuracies/problems I can see are:

1. The afforementioned fly hairs sticking out of the proboscis.

2. The puppet in the movie has a weird skin tag thingy hanging loosely from the right elbow, which does not appear on the maquette.

3. The small insect leg on the right side of the torso is extended up and outward, instead of hanging low and uselessly, as in the film.

4. The fly hairs that are placed all over the body are fragile. I accidentally snapped one off, and had to superglue it back on.

Other than this, this piece is a winner.

I really, really hope Sideshow does more Fly-related stuff.

Sorry for the quality of the photos. They're from a phone-camera.

The sculpt is dead-on, and the paint apps are excellent.

The only inaccuracies/problems I can see are:

1. The afforementioned fly hairs sticking out of the proboscis.

2. The puppet in the movie has a weird skin tag thingy hanging loosely from the right elbow, which does not appear on the maquette.

3. The small insect leg on the right side of the torso is extended up and outward, instead of hanging low and uselessly, as in the film.

4. The fly hairs that are placed all over the body are fragile. I accidentally snapped one off, and had to superglue it back on.

Other than this, this piece is a winner.

I really, really hope Sideshow does more Fly-related stuff.

Great stuff !
Can't wait for this one to arrive !

They should do more movie creatures in 1/6th scale !!

Beautifull, I prefer that piece to lets say the alien dios for exemple.Kudos to Sideshow for making such a cult creature in statue form.

Beautifull, I prefer that piece to lets say the alien dios for exemple.Kudos to Sideshow for making such a cult creature in statue form.

So do I, I would like Sideshow to bring out more 1/6th creatures, without the stupid diorama bases.
Like a 1/6th warrior, predator, tremors, werewolf.

So more like this one, a bit like the WETA line, one nice creature on a simple base ...

Back