The Exclusive Regret Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Customikey

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought, what with exclusive madness having most of us in it's grip for a while now, this would be a good time to see:

1) What exclusives everyone has gotten.
2)In hindsight, do you think certain exclusives weren't worth the retail (or eBay price) you paid?

For example:
I picked up Pamela, Springwood Slasher, G. Washington, Scarface, Nazi Kroenen, Aragorn, and the first three Star Wars.

I'm not certain Pammy was worth it because the severed head made her regular head look bad. Also I don't spend a lot of time pushing Scarface's button, so I might as well have gotten the regular version. I'm on the fence about G. Washington because the extra sword doesn't really add much to a figure who couldn't hold everything he came with in the first place. I'm also not certain about the holo-Sidious that Anakin comes with. I could put a Hasbro holo-Sidious in front of him and get the same effect.

Despite the $60 SSC asked for him, I have never regretted Kroenen. A masterwork, to be sure.

So, anyone else suffering some post-purchase anxiety over their high-priced exclusives?

My only Exclusive regret is the Luke 1/4. I really thought I would want one when it was first announced. I was lucky enough to get one from SS after it sold out in less than 1 minute for SDCC non-attendees.

After getting the Regular Luke, I decided that I liked that more than the Exclusive. I thought I'd hold on to the Exclusive to see if it went up in value. It was selling for $300-$350 at the time. I sold it a month ago on Ebay for $150, and that was the 4th time I listed it.:sick

I regret missing out on the 1/4 Scale Premium Format Lurtz (Exclusive) the most...

Hopefully, the wait-list will come thru for this guy.

The only exclusives that I have in hand are Hellboy and Kroenen. No regrets at all about either one. I also have Silver Screen Editions of Dracula, Frankenstein and the Max Shreck Vampyre. While I don't think they were technically "exclusives", I wasn't sure about picking up figures that were just black & white editions of ones I already had. Very pleased after getting them open.

I also have all four 1/6 Star Wars pre-ordered. I agree about the holo-Sidious. I'll reserve final judgment until I see it.

I have them all, because...well, I HAVE to have them all. I don't know what I'll do with the exclusive Luke though. I too prefer the regular version and have that displayed.

The Exclusives I have at the moment are
Prophecy Girl Buffy
Vampire Angel
Freddy Krueger(FVJ)
Silver Screen Creature from the Black Lagoon

On order
Vampire Darla - Red Outfit
Vampire Darla - Blue Outfit
Jedi Luke Skywalker
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi

I don't regret any of them seeing as how I got PG Buffy & Vamp Angel in a lot with Hush Buffy for $50.00 shipped, Freddy from the Slashfest contest, & The Creature in a trade for $15.00 & a Palisades Tour Animal. :banana

I do regret having to cancel my pre-orders for the Exclusive versions of Xander, Liam, Vampire Buffy & Drusilla. Also regret I forgot to order the Kit Fisto Exclusive. :banghead

My exclusive regret:

Cancelling the Exclusive Sentinel Diorama (twice).

I don't regret picking up the Exclusive Luke, even though he has seriously dropped in value. I never intended to sell him, whatever his worth might be. As Boba Fett said, "He's worth a lot to me."

I wish I hadn't missed the Exclusive Luke but don't really regret it. Missed it for personal reasons so no biggie.

I'm very careful what I order direct from SSC. With all the money I am spending on that company alone I have to conserve my cash. I only get the Exclusives I really want. So far all of them have been good decisions.

Hellboy (Cigar baby)
Kroenen
PF Doom
PF Lurtz (Gotta have the interchangables)
Wolvie vs Sabertooth (That second head is a nice one)
PF Ironman (Another second head that rocks)
Aragorn (He just wouldn't be complete without the pipe and cloak)

The only one I missed that I regret is the Faith. I really want that Slayer Scythe.

Light up features I wont use and little useless (IMHO) accessories dont warrant the direct price for me.

So far I haven't received any of the exclusives I've ordered or preordered. Nor have I regretted ordering them. I only regret not being around to order some Star Wars stuff, like the exclusive 12-inch Anakin, Obi-Wan and either version of Jedi Luke. I'm on the wait list for the regular edition of Jedi Luke...

I'm really looking forward to two very nice items that went from a wait list reservation to orders and one I am still on the fence about. And since I have OCD when it comes to lists...

MARVEL Doctor Doom - Sideshow Exclusive
I couldn't believe it when I was contacted about this and cancelled my order for the regular edition.

MARVEL X-Men vs Sentinel Diorama - Sideshow Exclusive
I was elated to find out my wait list reservation would be converted in to an order for this piece! Sweet Jesus!

MARVEL Hulk vs Spider-Man Diorama - Sideshow Exclusive
I'm still on the fence about this piece. I like it, I think it's grown on me. Of course I chose the FLEXPAY option :D

So far no regrets ordering anything. Now that I'll be getting Doctor Doom and the X-Men Diorama, the only thing I really would like now is the Exclusive Predator Maquette.

I forgot about three exclsuives I bought, because I have since sold them:

Prophesy Buffy, Willow, and The Master.

I thought The Master was superb, but i couldn;t see keeping him after I sold off the less-than-stellar Buffy and Willow figures. I let them go for a song because they were loose and I had thrown out the boxes. Should have stayed away in the first place. :sick

By the way, I've been wondering, where does Aragorn put his pipe when not in use?

two words: Patient zero !!!!! At 300 pieces worldwide, I think we can call him an exclusive...I missed him the first time ..but finally bought it on ebay...and what an awesome figure !!!

Darth Kustomizer said:
The 12" San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Vampire Angel was a complete waste that I plunked down my hard earned cash for!

Funny, I count Vamp Angel as one of the ones that got away. I was at SDCC that year but wasn't a fan of the show just yet. I wish I had another chance to "plunk down my hard earned cash" at the price he was going for at the con. Ebay prices are too high.

I did manage to get Werewolf Oz, however... I bought it for someone that no longer wanted it and, as it turned out, I never slapped it on Ebay. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that Sideshow continues their practice of offering an exclusive Buffy figure this year as well. I'll be ready for it. :D

The other exclusives I regret not getting in on are Final Battle Kroenen, Nazi Kroenen, Cigar Hellboy and S-Mart Ash with pricing gun.

I also regret having to cancel all of my exclusive versions of the Star Wars PFs. I have only the Luke from SDCC. I just can't afford that line now.

I was able to find exclusive version of the S-Mart Ash, which either version is an exclusive of a sort.... but the sticker gun could hardly be something to be excited about. Also I was able to get the Exclusive Demon Freddy PF figure and that I will never regret... It just rocks, way better in my eyes than the regular 1/4th Freddy. I love that thing.

I have the exclusive versions of Luke, Anakin and Obi-Wan on order and am really looking forward to those. And while the hologram for Anakin was a little bit mind boggling, I will reserve final judgment until I have it on hand to look at. I am not getting Kit, so no big deal there... even if it would have been cool to have a metal droid head.

I missed out on the Aragorn exclusive and that was probably the biggest regret... :banghead I'm on the wait list so maybe that will change...

The only exclusive ones I regret buying direct from Sideshow are the first two X-File figures, the second Scully figure, and the Metaluna Mutant. With the Files figures, their badges had really large obnoxious clips for the first two and was poorly conceived and produced for the second round of figures. The Met. Mutant Spaceship wasn't all that exiting and had some ugly cut off points and seams.

The only Exclusives that "got away" are:
The Silver Screen addition Creature from the Black Lagoon; I had him on order but ran out of money when he was shipping so I had to cancel him. :banghead
The Knight who says "NI"; I wasn't online at the time he was offered, so I didn't know he existed until it was too late. :(
Jason part 2; I was offline at the time, by the time I checked in a couple of weeks later, the exclusive was already sold out. :(

Well, my first 4 exclusives are on the way (SW 12") so well see how I feel when I get them but as of right now I like them all.

SDCC Exclusives: WereWolf Oz, Vampire Angel, Ultimate Hellboy, WW2 Nazi Kroenen, Patient Zero.

International Exclusives: Q, Jaws, Der Kinderstod.

Sideshow Direct: The Invisible Man, Angelus (Liam)

Also I was able to get the Exclusive Demon Freddy PF figure and that I will never regret... It just rocks, way better in my eyes than the regular 1/4th Freddy.
Couldn't have said it better myself. It just blows the regular freddy away. If only it had a hat. That is the only thing I regret about that figure, but even without it, it still rocks.

The knight of NI Monty Python exclusive. I had one, and sold it. Now I would like to complete that series. Also the Planet of the apes marauder exclusive. I had two on preorder along with some other figures. Then money got tight and I had to cancel them.

Back