The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end, if Alfred just seeing things or is it in real life?

so ive mustve missed the ending with bruce. was that really selina at the end with bruce? i thought he was with some random chick...

ok. thanks for the confirmation.

gonna have to go see the movie again :)

Just got back and really enjoyed the last hour of it, but the middle dragged on. Still like The Avengers better.

I can't get over the fact that with how amazing TDKR and The Avengers was, that we have the luxury of it even being a close call with what we liked better.

For me, it was TDKR by a wide margin, despite the fact that I loved The Avengers. But seriously, how spoiled are we this summer?

Are there really any great film trilogies, though? It seems that all third acts fall short in some respect: Return of the Jedi, Godfather 3, Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3, Superman 3.

While I found TDKR to be interesting, I can't really consider it a "superhero film."
Batman spends most of the film as either Bruce Wayne or in prison.

Very little Batman-ing overall in this series. World's greatest detective? Not so much. It seemed like Nolan's Bruce Wayne was always preparing to be Batman, or struggling with the concept of Batman, or in retirement from Batman.

He's the central character of the series, but he seems like a supporting role in his own films. The ensemble back cast has overwhelmed him in every movie.

And no final showdown with Bane? No final battle royale? No Batman payback? C'mon! :cuckoo:

I didn't find the Talia reveal to be much of a surprise and it certainly wasn't an original idea.

Ditto for the "I'll steer the missile back at the enemy who launched it" routine. The opening sequence in Octopussy was nearly thirty years ago! :lol

And the most derivative scene of all: the hero flies a nuclear bomb away from the city in an act of total self-sacrifice.

Great scene, but I saw Tony Stark do it in The Avengers back in May!:rotfl

An interesting film, but not much of a superhero movie. Nolan's relentless realism ultimately sterilized the comic book tropes that make the source material fun.

____

Batman isnt a superhero :slap

Didn't see this thread so i'll re-post my thought's here;

what i've always enjoyed about the Nolan movies (apart from the obvious things of course) i always liked the way the film starts with an interesting, distorted image with no words and then the title at the end.

But the more i thought about it i started to look at it as though that wasn't really the title for the movie but the place that the character is at the end if the movie, at the end of Batman Begins he has begun his mission to bring down the escaped convicts, at the end of The Dark Knight he had become just that (plus it could allude to that very 'night' itself) and now The Dark Knight Rises.

I can't help but think the title refers to JGL's character, yeah i know he's Robin, it was said outright, and that it was implied he would be the new hero,but his arc throughout the entire movie leading up to him 'rising' on the platform at the end says to me that HE was the dark knight rising

Did anyone else feel that?

Didn't see this thread so i'll re-post my thought's here;

what i've always enjoyed about the Nolan movies (apart from the obvious things of course) i always liked the way the film starts with an interesting, distorted image with no words and then the title at the end.

But the more i thought about it i started to look at it as though that wasn't really the title for the movie but the place that the character is at the end if the movie, at the end of Batman Begins he has begun his mission to bring down the escaped convicts, at the end of The Dark Knight he had become just that (plus it could allude to that very 'night' itself) and now The Dark Knight Rises.

I can't help but think the title refers to JGL's character, yeah i know he's Robin, it was said outright, and that it was implied he would be the new hero,but his arc throughout the entire movie leading up to him 'rising' on the platform at the end says to me that HE was the dark knight rising

Did anyone else feel that?

I shall double post right along side you!

His name is Robin, he won't become "Robin". He'll be the new Bats. But I think it's a double meaning. Bruce's Bats rose... hell, twice if you want to count post-exile and post-prison. But Blake -> Batman fits as well.

Not just with this trilogy, but I genuinely love it when a movie ends with the title screen.

I shall double post right along side you!

His name is Robin, he won't become "Robin". He'll be the new Bats. But I think it's a double meaning. Bruce's Bats rose... hell, twice if you want to count post-exile and post-prison. But Blake -> Batman fits as well.

Not just with this trilogy, but I genuinely love it when a movie ends with the title screen.

I thought for a long time that his character would take up the mantle of batman, in fact i had a bet with some friends a while ago now so i should probably collect, it was simply due the fact that Bruce always thought of batman as a legend who could be anyone, they even discuss it in TDKR

But although climbing from the pit is the moat obvious interpretation of 'rise', i still can't connect it to that. I know it sounds daft but i almost saw the movie as being about Blake, amidst all the carnage trying to do the right thing

Jeez i've not seen a movie for a while where there's this much to interpret and dicuss. Aint this nice!

So far i've seen it twice, once after the other. Last time i did that was spidey, watched it my dad and then the gf, this time she had to get her hair done and i was like 'yeah, i'm ginna go watch batman and then watch it with you when you're back'

Worth it

Talia and Bane where brother and sister and Raz was there father correct or did i get that wrong??? Bane thats why Bane sheds the tear???

I just saw The Dark Knight Rises and it was freakin awesome! At first I wasn't sure of Bane's voice but it quickly grew on me. It's hard to imagine this is the end of the trilogy? I want more! 3 more movies Christopher Nolan then I'm satisfied!

Loved it. My favourite scene by far is the first fight with Bane. Not only did he say "I will break you" but he bust his back on his knee. I actually screamed 'YES!!!'

Loved it. My favourite scene by far is the first fight with Bane. Not only did he say "I will break you" but he bust his back on his knee. I actually screamed 'YES!!!'

I loved that bit too.

The second fight scene where he punches thru the wall, I thought Bane looked more ferocious and really went for it but the scene ended to quick!

Still like The Avengers better.

5886558.bin

i got a question
So alfred knew that Bruce is still alive? Except Lt.Gordon? coz it's odd to see alfred crying on the tomb of bruce when he know that's he's still alive. And who gave the address of the Batcave to blake?

i got a question
So alfred knew that Bruce is still alive? Except Lt.Gordon? coz it's odd to see alfred crying on the tomb of bruce when he know that's he's still alive. And who gave the address of the Batcave to blake?

The funeral was BEFORE he saw bruce in the Marissas. Hence why his funeral was shown before seeing Bruce. The last shot is of Alfred and Bruce nodding to each other

Bruce gave the co-ordinates. If you remember, they were all beneficeries of Bruce's will and testament. Hence why Lucious, Blake and Alfred got everything, along with keeping his promise to Blake that he would see why Wayne foundation stopped stopped funding orphans so he gave wayne manor as the orphanage.

Its all explained in the ending :wink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back