The Covergirl Bash and Art page

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: custome covergirl i made last summer

I never cared for this Auburn version it made her look to butch and she looked alot like scarlett in the cartoon. Hasbro should have kept her blonde

Not "kept her blonde", she had the auburn hair for years before someone decided to start coloring her hair "yellow".

Re: custome covergirl i made last summer

Not "kept her blonde", she had the auburn hair for years before someone decided to start coloring her hair "yellow".

:lecture:lecture:lecture This is the real Cover Girl:

38406.jpg
38408.jpg

Sadly your wrong nitusk because she started off as blonde look at 1st season 1st 9 episodes. then she had long auburn hair and then short auburn to reflect the action figure. the comic book reclaimed her roots ahem! to blonde ex supermodel. so what you see now in comic books is what she really is.

She is a blonde bombshell that can take a car apart and reasemble it leaving you standing their wondering how a beauty like that can do all that.

I know their is not to many people old enough to remember that she started off as blonde but that is the truth she is originally blonde i assure you and im sure their are some people on here who will back me.

Hasbro met with marvel to redirect G.I.Joe from the original 12" that was released and was in comics. they made the an american hero series about anti terrorism special group of the military so both comics and cartoon took their markers from Hasbro because they controlled everything. ,marvel was hired to create comic books and artwork they would use as a blueprint for their cartoon to be used to sell their action figure line.

If i can ill find the writeup in the ny times since i have seen arguments between those who collect the vintage action man and G.I.Joe but that is the history of how the 3" figures got made andthe why is because they wanted to take it in a different direction and people lost interest in the vintage brand

I aways preffered her to be a redhead, or at least burnt sienna head. I think Sunbow changed her to blond to mix it from Scarlett the same way they gave Hawk brown hair so he wouldn't get confused with Duke.

Cartoon debuted on September 12, 1983. Even weekly, episode 9 (assuming we're counting episode 1 as the first in the mini series) would put her first appearance in November, after her first appearance in the comic which hit shelves in October of 1983 with Issue #16. It's debatable which came out first, the Wolverine from the toy line or the comic, but either way, both were out before episode 9 of the cartoon. :wink1:

but as far as covergirl their are two types... the butch auburn haired one and blonde supermodel turned mechanic type.

0013.gif

Covergirl from episodes 1-9 of season 1
2 theories as to why her hair was changed i was told mattel felt she looked to much like barbie and hasbro made the change or it could be what i read that to make her long hair it would look like a blonde versian of The baroness.

Here are some bashes my friends from onesixthwarriors. Gaiagear
made 2 versians and gave me permission to post both of his versians.

current

RAH_wip6.jpg

RAH_wip5.jpg

1st versian with white fur collar and spandex pants

RAH_CoverGirl.jpg

Cover Girl
•Head
Repainted Triad Headset 01 with restyled aftermarket wig

•Sweater
Reworked MCToys sweater

•Jacket
Reworked Ken jacket

I was originally planned to alter the jacket from the first version, but it didn't look right at all. At the end I opted for a Ken jacket instead. Took a little more re-tailoring. Not a dead match to the official canon version, but I'm rather comfortable with the look.

inspiration artwork

Comiccover.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly your wrong nitusk because she started off as blonde look at 1st season 1st 9 episodes. then she had long auburn hair and then short auburn to reflect the action figure. the comic book reclaimed her roots ahem! to blonde ex supermodel. so what you see now in comic books is what she really is.

She is a blonde bombshell that can take a car apart and reasemble it leaving you standing their wondering how a beauty like that can do all that.

I know their is not to many people old enough to remember that she started off as blonde but that is the truth she is originally blonde i assure you and im sure their are some people on here who will back me.

That was in 1985, she was a redhead for two years prior to that both in the toys and in the comics. Cover Girl was actually a very early activated Joe and I think the first chick to join besides Scarlett. As I said, she started off red, the change was to blonde. The action figure was out for two years before that cartoon.

My covergirl will be a deep golden blonde when i finish her and I was not aware that she started off as auburn in comic because the cartoon made her blond then comic book i as which was old had her as blonde it was a mini. had her as blond until she came back with a butch cut and auburn hair on cartoon since lady jaye has brunette.

Tomatoe - tomato... if you ever frequent HISS tank forums, alot of people are very pro blonde Covergirl cause they were introduced to her as a character on the original Joe cartoon as the long haired blonde. I don't think it makes much difference, the character is usually fairly recognizable due to outfit.

I personally like the blonde but I also like the one gaiagear did on page 7. maybe someone will make an auburn bash someday I can tell them where to get the hair if they dont mind rerooting it because i have yet to see auburn in rooted models just blonde,black and brown.

im doing a blended color like i did with my 1st covergirl im just looking for the perfect face lol.

She was after all a ex fashion model and most of the phicians are not pritty enough to work i did see a few triads that might work but the hair has to go it's all one color and that is not right.I rooted hair for 4 yrs now and I have never done one color. Scarlett i had to reduce it down to two blends. but Covergirl is a blonde at least mine and i'll be blending three or 4 colors.

well auburn isnt my fave for her i was just thowing it out there to see if someone will make their own covergirl to show here which is why I made the change to make this thread dedicated to covergirl. I want everyone to post their covergirl bash. thats why I had the mods change the title I wanted it open to everyone who made covergirl.

Aparantly covergirl must be a unpopular character I havent seen anyone post any bashes of their own here since i dedicated this thread for everyone to post their own custom bashes of her and their fav art of this gal.

I got one friend who lend me his pics for his covergirl to post his here from OSW.

Back