The Chris Chulamanis Memorial Custom USCM Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT??

I just saw this thread...I had NO Idea..Chris had passed.

Im sitting here, absolutely stunned.

I have unbuilt armor from his kits. I have no idea if anything is still needed....Please contact me if there is something missing.

Chris and I chatted quite a bit about resin kits, and I always valued his advice, and friendship.

Frank Cerney

Very sorry to hear you've only now gotten the sad news. Quite a few other Aliens and USCM sites had tributes and memorials in his honor last winter.

Our memorial figure project has apparently hit another lull, but I think we now have most of the key pieces we need to complete the figure. There's a list of contributions and people who are working on various parts of the figure a few pages back in the thread.

I believe there were still a few items needed. If you'd really like to donate something, please have a look at the list and then post a reply. Thanks, and again, sorry you had to find out this way.

EDIT: Okay, I just reposted the list so you won't have to hunt for it. Items in red are what's still needed.

Last edited:
Chris Chulamanis Memorial Figure Project - Item Checklist

Figure:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Models - G2 body (Ironman1188)
Dragon Models - Head (Ironman1188)
* Painting: Les Walker

Uniform:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVA Models USCM Camo BDU Shirt/Trousers (Ironman1188)
* Weathering: DA Josh
Patches/Insignia: (HollisDZC: for helmet cover / Ironman1188: for uniform)
* Application: (DA Josh?)
Boots: Toy Soldier - Vietnam Jungle Boots w/Panama soles (DBoz)
* Weathering: DA Josh

Basic Equipment:
USCM Web Belt & Pouches (EVA Models: resin / Hot Toys: cloth) - (contributor?)
Portable Welder (EVA Models / Hot Toys) - (HollisDZC / tigerfeet)
Motion Tracker (EVA Models / Hot Toys) - (tigerfeet)
Belt Clip/Power Unit (Hot Toys) - (contributor?)
USCM Wristwatch/PDT (EVA / Hot Toys) - (HollisDZC)

Special Equipment:
Grenade Bandolier, Web, 12 loops w/plastic buckle - (custom?)
Shotgun Holster w/strap (Hicks type) - (Ironman1188?)
Electronic Bypass Kit Pouch (Hudson type) - (custom?)
PDT Locator (EVA Models) - (HollisDZC)
OG Utility Pouch (like first aid kit) - (custom?)

Body Armour:
Torso/Back, Groin and Greaves (EVA Models) - (HollisDZC)
Helmet & Camo Cover (EVA Models) - (HollisDZC)
Lamp Unit (EVA Models) - (HollisDZC)
* Assembly/Painting: Mudshark

Weapons:
M41A Pulse Rifle w/Sling - (Mudshark)
* Assembly/Painting: Mudshark
Shotgun - (contributor?)
Gerber Mk. II Combat Knife - (Ironman1188 or Mudshark)
M40 Grenades, HE (red cap) x 20 - (HollisDZC / tigerfeet/ more needed)
* Painting: Mudshark

Custom Base/Plaque:
Base construction - (HollisDZC) / donation offer - (tigerfeet)

Good update. I am still working on my end. When I get the head done, I will post it. Who do I send it to when it's completed? Who is putting him together? (I doubt I can, or I would...but I may can go to DCon to be there when he is presented, provided we get him done in time....and I can get in the show... I can try, no guarantees...)

I'm still waiting to hear who I should send the boots to as well. I sent Josh a PM, but never got a reply.

I'm still waiting to hear who I should send the boots to as well. I sent Josh a PM, but never got a reply.

Don't know what to say except hold tight for a bit. Looks like everyone's busy with other things at the moment. Hopefully we'll get everything worked out before long. Those boots will certainly be a welcome addition and you'll know who to send them to when things pick up again.

That's great, Les! I check your threads as often as possible and realize how busy you've been with everything. I've been kind of overloaded myself with more things than I can deal with coming at me all at once, so I think I have at least some idea what you've been going through lately. At the moment, I'm basically just running on fumes and toxic amounts of caffeine! :monkey4

The good news is that I'm gettin' the hell outta Dodge and heading back to the states in mid-July, for the whole summer!!! So if I can't finish the armour for Chris before I go, then I'll take it with me and work on it there, where I'll have nothing to do but sand and paint and play with all the swell toys waiting there for me. :D Anyway, it will get done!

And I'm really looking forward to seeing that portrait of Chris when you're finished with him!!! :cool:

Okay, I'm back on track now. Sorry for the long time no around, but was dealing with having a gf, then not.:confused: And work put the clamp down on websurfing at work. the nerve,'eh?:banghead

Dru, got the tin of Brown Bess here, will send it out asap.

Working on my end for the base. Behind schedule, cut the side of my wrist in a fall, 20 stitches, looked like Frankenstein. Damn if it still don't hurt inside my hand, may have a broken bone. No, they didn't xray in ER.

Sharp, good to have you aboard bro!

-Rex

Hey, buddy! It's good to hear from ya, I think we've all been wondering where you've been lately. Sorry to hear about the gf, and that nasty cut, tho! :monkey4

If the pain in your hand persists, I'd have it checked out... could be a broken bone in there, like you said. Hopefully it isn't, and the pain is only temporary. Anyway, I hope it isn't slowing you down too much, bro.

Speaking of slow..... not much time to work on the armour recently, but I expect that to change fairly soon. Got a couple more weeks of work and then I'm OUT OF HERE!!! The weather's already getting unbearable (for me)... high 80s and 80% humidity today! It's like a freakin' sauna! :google

Lookin' forward to another (dry) summer in CA, and having more time to devote to this project! I'll be watching the mail for the Brown Bess. Thanks again for letting me use it! :duff

Hey bro, yeah, it's been a long slow recovery from getting dumped, but I'm back! You know, I meant to send the tin out this week, have it boxed and ready to go, but if you're going to be stateside this summer, do you want me to ship it to a addy here? LMK and I'll get it to whereever you want.

take care,

-Rex

Trying like hell to get the head done for this. Is there any chance of the figure being ready by DragonCon? If not, I am gonna relax a bit. If so, we had all better step on it.
Just trying to see where we are. I hope to have some headwork to post very soon.

Be great if it could get done by then. Haven't heard mention of the painting/weathering of the uni/gear from Josh. Know everyone's been busy with tons of stuff this year, especially with the 1:1 rearing its ugly head more than once for some of us. Guess we just try and hope for the best.

Just got off the phone with DA Josh. He is coming up for a visit this weekend, Friday the 15th through the 17th perhaps. I will make sure I have the head done by the time he gets here. IF, we want this figure where Rex can present it at DragonCon, then we need to get on it! I am prepared to do my part.
Maybe we can set it up where parts are sent to Josh, and he can put it together as much as possible, then send it to Rex to present? Is this a viable idea? Or is it too rushed? I hope it can be presented at DragonCon. I would love to be there, but I know Rex will be. So, I think it needs to end up in his hands. Any thoughts?

Just know, two of us will be in the same workspace for a couple of days this weekend. Josh will have the head in hand when he leaves. Maybe a body and the uniform and any armor can head this way for him to work on???

Just thoughts. Discuss. Let me know.

Trying to help.

Les

I got the boots sitting here. I just need an address to send them to.

I got the boots sitting here. I just need an address to send them to.

PM sent!
It's a start! :rock

Be nice if the body and uniform at least were here when Josh was. Armor can come after to him directly if need be, or if it's ready, send it to me this week. Josh can then take it all with him to work on.

PM sent!
It's a start! :rock

Be nice if the body and uniform at least were here when Josh was. Armor can come after to him directly if need be, or if it's ready, send it to me this week. Josh can then take it all with him to work on.

Sorry Les, but the armour is still a ways away from being ready to go. It looks like I'll have to send it to Josh directly when it's finished...

I brought it along with the weapons and all the extra bits and pieces with me back to the states now, but unfortunately I had to leave my Humbrol paints behind due to airline regs about flammable materials... bummer! I'm hoping Rex knows where I can pick up some Humbrols paints nearby (and soon!)... if not, then I may just have to go with acrylics instead. Probably not a huge problem, but I was planning to use the same camo colors and patterns that Chris used on his own set of armour, as much as possible anyway.

With DCon rapidly approaching I'm beginning to wonder if this is all gonna come together in time... It would be great if the figure could be completed and presented at DCon as we've all been talking about, but at the moment it seems like it may end up taking more time if we all want to do our absolute best on it.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be extremely welcome at this point, guys!

Not sure what to tell you. If it is a matter of matching a shade of paint, then that can be done. Hate you missing out in finishing for the con due to that.
To me, paint's paint, and shades can be matched.

BUT, if we are sure we can't get it done in time, I will relax a bit in trying to get the head finished, as I have TONS to do this week alone. But I will try if we all are up for it.
Just trying to make that early goal. If it is not realistic, at least we can get more done soon. Worth a try at least. :rock

Back