The best bargain you've bought 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well.... The best bargain(in a way) for me was the DX10. I used my points and got him for half price. I think one of the best figures to date

Ordered (1) Medicom Mad Hatter from a retailer, for £120

They shipped me..... 1 case! 3xFigures!!

Sold 2 on eBay :monkey3

I got the HT Two-Face/Harvey Dent for $90 a year ago (in shipper) and the HT Kevin Flynn for $75 (new in box). I also got a loose HT Iron Man Mark IV (just the Iron man portion, not tony stark sculpt) for $50

I've never scored a bargain worth bragging about. Consequently I can't stomach hearing cool stories about how everyone else has. Full MSRP or GTFO :pfft:

I've never gotten close to the scores some people have, but I did get my Jango Fett for 60 bucks NiB, probably the best deal I can think of.

Cool thread. I'll play.
Last summer, I won a Hot Toys Resident Evil 4 Krauser with box for only $25.00 from eBay! Even the seller emailed me to tell me that I got "one hell of a deal."

Are you serious? They let you keep the 2 extra figures?

Don't suppose they knew. Just some daft bugger in the warehouse who didn't know the difference between "One unit" and "one case"

My order was for 1 figure.

My invoice was for 1 figure.

My delivery note was for 1 figure.

I waited over 6 months to see if they queried it, and did feel some guilt..... but soon got over that :devil

Ok so this wasn't me this was my dads find but he bought them for me he went too a carboot yesterday upon he stumbled a brand new enterbay scarface the guy sold it too him for £3.00 got it home and under the underlay there was a £100 so I got a cheap figure and a £100. It's amazing how stupid people are when they don't know what they've got :')

If I'm passing by a charity shop (thrift shop for you guys in the U.S.), I'll have a look inside. I've yet to see any 1/6 figures, but you'd be amazed at the books you can potentially find. I've bought big hardbook art/picture books for less than £5. I think people in the U.K. are less aware of how much collectibles can be worth and there just aren't as many outlets for them.

for me, either when PM Hobby in Calgary blew out their hot toys stock and I got James Dean Giant, Alien 3, Edward Scissorhands and Big Chap alien all for $50 each.

I also very awesomely got mischarged for the first HT John Connor in NYC and ended up paying 85 instead of the listed 140..

how the **** do you guys buy two face for $60 or some ****, I bought him for $140 used : /

I got a bunch of great deals from Gohastings a few years ago, but the best was a HT Iron Man Mark I for $90.00. Unlike a lot of others here, I never got anything from them that wasn't pristine. Then I decided to quit while I was ahead.

Holy cow I bought mine for way more than that only cause I collect godfather stuff you got a bargain was that new?

Yes sir. MIP in stock item at 40% discount or something like that. Ive since sold him for about 3-1/2 times my purchase price. :) That was about 2-3 years ago. I would have gotten more had I kept him longer though...:(

2 years back, at fan expo in Toronto, I score the Abe sapien hb sideshow figure, and the reg. legolas figure for 20$ each. Also picked up a dr.zaus reg. for 15$ at the same shop. All unopened, it was just the last day and the seller didn't want to pack the stock up. None have shot up in value, but great figs for those prices, so I was happy.

I dunno If I should write this ....
But Both Ends Did get what they Were After.
I Traded some Custom Figures for Fury/Hawkeye/Nicholson Joker .... If We were not counting Time ...., (which there as a Ton of) ...., Just Material Costs ..., I probably Actually Paid Like 75 Bucks for the 3 of Them Total.

I only Paid like 100 Bucks for a Couple of Others ..., But I think that was the Best Deal for Me to Date.

Back