The All Things Republic Commando Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked it up the day it was released, but I've been avoiding reading Imperial Commandos to abstain from complete and total disappointment (at the lack of a follow-up).

40pgs to go to finish it. I never read something in such a slow pace, I don't wan't it to end.:(

the mandalore of the cartoon, while well done, kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth after the depth, feeling and humanity she gave the culture in the books.

exactly how I felt

anyone else have any comments about the 501st legion clones I made in RC?

those are really cool. I wish they had released the game for mac, I would love to play it again (when It was released, I was a PC user. It is still my favorite star wars game).

So? At $120 a pop that means, all four Delta, all four Omega and Corr for a total of 9 RCs and a whopping $1080 of my hard earned cash. This doesn't include the two extra Boba/Jango figures I'd have to purchase to kitbash a Kal Skirata and Walon Vau.

No doubt I would buy them all as well. I would also buy Kal Skirata, Walon Vau, Rav Bralor, Mij Gilamar and Jusik. And all the Null as well.
Come on, Sideshow, look at all the figures u guys could sell.

speaking of that, anyone wanna see Echo Squad?

I wanna see them. Post some pics, please

Thanks for the compliments Yorick...

I have some preliminary pics of Echo Squad, I plan to make my own levels and new storyline at some point, working on one atm, should be cool... but for now it's mostly just the reg. game with Echo Squad textures, names, and numbers...

here we go...

RC1.jpg

RC2.jpg

RC3.jpg

RC4.jpg

RC5.jpg

RC6.jpg

RC7.jpg

Man, i love that game. I sure wish they would make a sequel..

I was workin on one... :D

I was also gonna make a mod where you play as Sev right after he "dies"... story is he survives and has to fight off some droids, maybe die later on or go into hiding with the wookies... there just couldn't be a whole lot of dialogue, unless the guy who played Sev would record some lines with his own equipment and send them to me free, which is less likely than getting struck by lightning, winning the lottery, and being attacked by a shark.... all at the same time... but I can splice a few lines together from what's already there if I have to...

If anyone with a PC is interested, I could put some of these mods up for download when I finish.... :D

unless the guy who played Sev would record some lines with his own equipment and send them to me free, which is less likely than getting struck by lightning, winning the lottery, and being attacked by a shark.... all at the same time...

well...

We could send you to South Africa, Seal Island to be exact, on a surf board...with a winning lotto ticket and a lightning rod shoved up your.....

some things, if you plan for them...can be VERY likely :monkey3

That would be a cool story. I always liked to think Sev made it and was hiding out with the wookies.

Yeah me too... maybe Imperials find him later and try to kill him or something... :D already made Stormies for the game...

I'll retexture the HUD arms (the ones that are yours in the game) to looks like sev's arms pretty soon, I could even add a secret way to get to the level stuck in somewhere in one of the regular game levels... like a secret door or something... or a place in a wall you have to destroy and go into a secret room...

do you have the game for PC BuddyGus? If you do I could send you the necessary files when I'm done making Sev's level (with instructions on where to put them in the game files so that they'll work right) :D

well...

We could send you to South Africa, Seal Island to be exact, on a surf board...with a winning lotto ticket and a lightning rod shoved up your.....

some things, if you plan for them...can be VERY likely :monkey3

:rotfl

yeah, that could be a good publicity stunt... maybe I can get someone to sponsor me in doing that, then I can use the money to hire sev's voice actor! :lol

Yeah me too... maybe Imperials find him later and try to kill him or something... :D already made Stormies for the game...

I'll retexture the HUD arms (the ones that are yours in the game) to looks like sev's arms pretty soon, I could even add a secret way to get to the level stuck in somewhere in one of the regular game levels... like a secret door or something... or a place in a wall you have to destroy and go into a secret room...

do you have the game for PC BuddyGus? If you do I could send you the necessary files when I'm done making Sev's level (with instructions on where to put them in the game files so that they'll work right) :D

I do have the game for PC, but for some reason it will not run on vista. Do you know why by chance?

I do have the game for PC, but for some reason it will not run on vista. Do you know why by chance?

hmmm... no, that's weird, I have Vista also, no problems for me...

have you tried re-installing it?

if it installs correctly and it just won't start up when you click on the icon, try right clicking it and clicking on "run as administrator".

Vista has f ' ' 'ed up security settings, it wouldn't let me save the files I modded until I went into the files and changed the security settings :rolleyes: other operating sytsems don't have that problem, people can just save and there's no "you don't have permission to save here. Would you like to save somewhere else?" :duh

also I suppose you could try running it in compatibility mode if you know how to do that... try the other things first, if nothing works, I'll tell you how to try running it it compatability mode...

hope that helps! :D
good luck, fingers crossed you can get the game working

Your Echo Squad looks really cool. What are their names ?

Man, I just finished the last book. I just can't accept the fact that there won't be another one.:monkey2

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Your Echo Squad looks really cool. What are their names ?
Man, I just finished the last book. I just can't accept the fact that there won't be another one.:monkey2

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Thanks! I'll sort that out with another pic.... but first I need to finish making the backdrop for them to stand in front of... :D

will have more pics by tomorrow

In all seriousness, looks great Dude....

I love the game, one of my all time favorites from LA, others being Kotor, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight and..for some reason i cant quite expain, Empire at War and the Lego Star Wars series...i think theres something rather theraputic with being able to kill Jar Jar a billion times...and get rewarded for it!:D

I have a Commando project of my own in the works but its currently sitting on the back-burner while another project has pretty much taken over my "work" life...much to my girlfriends dismay, but she's learning as i learn...so its all good :D

In all seriousness, looks great Dude....

Thanks! :D

Here's a nice pic of Echo Squad all together

Echo1.jpg

On the far left in blue is RC-1372, nicknamed "Tech". As his nickname implies, he's Echo Squad's technical expert (he replaces Fixer)

Second from the left is RC-1219, or "Scope", the se squad's sniper (replaces Sev)

"Chief",designated RC-1253, with red armor, is the squad leader. You usually play as him, but I put another Commando in the level to stand in for him, retexturing and renaming him accordingly.

Lastly, with yellow markings, we have RC-1329, "Flash", the Demolitions expert. (He replaces Scorch)

I actually started writing a short story about Echo Squad a few years back, only got about 5 pages done and then gave up... my writing skills aren't terribly great... oh well, if anyone wants to read it I'll post it here... just say so

finished the retexturing the player arms to look like Sev's... here's some quick pics from inside the editor

sevarmscrn1.jpg

The player's arms from where they would be seen in game

sevarmscrn2copy.jpg

the player arms at an angle

sevarmscrn3.jpg

Sev himself

Back