The $64,000,000 question: Is your collection insured?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi freaks, I have actually considered insuring my collection, I live in canada what kind of companinies provide us with this service?

Its a tough choice. I don't have any "valuable" statues but I do have some pretty expensive artwork. Coincidentally I've just had to renew my home insurance. The last broker was "declare anything over £500", this one is "declare anything over £1000".

Each item you declare bumps up your premium. So make sure that as long as you have overall contents insurance (say...for a house fire) then everything should be covered up to the £75000 limit.

However, for accidental breakage thats a whole different ball game. I guess you have options to weigh up...

Depends what you own.

This is the dilemma one faces when owing extremely rare or sentimental statues...you can insure really expensive pieces but its more how much the piece means to you rather than having a payout if it gets damaged or stolen. Take for instance my Hulk PF or my Captain America PF, i know how long and hard i had to wait before i had the chance to own them and if it got stolen or damaged then having the insurance company pay out wouldnt make me feel much better as i know how hard it would be to aquire these 2 pieces again...i wouldnt say it would be impossible but it would cost a heck of a lot more money than the insurance would have paid out for mine...:(

I just recently insured my collection. I am a firefighter so fire is my main concern, seen way to many uninsured people lose everything due to fire.
Not worried about theft, tornados or flooding and just a little concerned about earthquakes.

My regular insurance would have charged way more than i wanted to pay to cover everything. So i went with Collectible Insurance Service LLC, seems like a good company and they only deal with collectibles, their rates seem reasonable and they give you current market value for your collection.

I have not had to make claim (and hope i never do) so i cannot say how good or bad they are when you have the worst happen but I do sleep a little better at night.

Yea, my roommate is borderline insane and very angry at everyone, including me. I am scared for Captain America and Venom. Seriously. What should I do? Lemme just take an estimate now. I would say I have around $8,000 in statues and they're right next to this lunatic.

Yea, my roommate is borderline insane and very angry at everyone, including me. I am scared for Captain America and Venom. Seriously. What should I do? Lemme just take an estimate now. I would say I have around $8,000 in statues and they're right next to this lunatic.

I would transfer both Captain America and Venom to a secure unit so that they get the protection they need until your roommate is out of the picture. This guy sounds like he could cause destruction at any time and i for one wouldnt wanna risk anything getting damaged. Better still, see if you can get your roommate transferred to a secure unit! :lecture

Nah. Just homeowners insurance, which covers contents for the most part. I'm not buying special insurance for toys. Only special rider coverage I carry is for my wife's engagement ring -- which is quite a bit more valuable than fancy action figures, and has a better chance of getting lost or stolen.

SnakeDoc

Back