Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Terminator thread.

dekadentdave said:
Well if Sideshow acquired a BD Endo for their product images I wonder if they are hinting that they may offer limited quantities of the BD Endo at a later date like they did with the Japanese exclusive Ancient Predator? The BD Endo was limited to an edition size of 200, 100 of those were allocated to Blister so I wonder if Hot Toys will allocate a limited number to SSC.
Now THAT would be more that super sweet! If Sideshow really manages to offer us a limited amount of the battle damaged Endo's, I sure hope it happens BEFORE they start shipping the regular endo's. I currently have 2 of them on order, but with that prize tag, I'd rather just order 1 regular, and 1 BD version, (guess I'm not alone in this?).
I've lost some cash to Sideshow like this before, when they offered the BROWN Alien warrior after the regular version was shipped. If I would have known about the brown version earlier, I would have never ordered the black Alien. I'm not sure how it went with the Japanese Exclusive Predator Elder/ Ancient Predator Elder - Sideshow Exclusive. I can only presume that SSC didn't know beforehand that they could sell these Japanese exclusives. Anyway, after a couple of cases like this, it should become routine to inform about the availability of Japanese Exclusives one should think...

So... How are the chances on getting a battle damaged version of the Endo SSC?

Ironman1188 said:
Hey DA, Your Reese ROCKS fer sure, but have you considered using Slave Brent or Taylor feet for him. They are pre-dirtied and are actually a pretty good foot sculpt.
Just a thought!!

Reese is wearing Nike's at that point in the film.

Just got my BD endo and i cannot believe how great it is, it articulation is crazy. Of course now i want 2 normal version to display either side each with a different weapon.
This is now my most prised collectible, i love it.

Elevator shots...

DSC04769.jpg

DSC04763.jpg

Last edited:

gooball said:
Hi guys.

Just how different is the paint-app on the battle damaged Endo? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the cash over the 'regular' Hot Toys Endo.

My concern is that the regular Endo may be too 'clean', without any blackwashing, etc. Is this true? Or is the paint-ap pretty good/accurate in its own right?

Does anyone have a photo with a side-by-side comparison of the two? It would definitely make the decision easier...

Man, this forum moves too quickly. Can anyone share some insights on the above?

gooball said:
Man, this forum moves too quickly. Can anyone share some insights on the above?

Another reason why we need that dedicated Aliens/Predator/Terminator forum!!!

pjam said:
Elevator shots...

DSC04769.jpg

DSC04763.jpg
One problem with your shots though; in the movie, Ahnold loses the glasses before the elevator scene.;)

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
One problem with your shots though; in the movie, Ahnold loses the glasses before the elevator scene.;)

Yeah, I knew that. They get knocked loose on his face by the nurse, then he drops them on the floor, the T 1000 then crushes them with his shoe. I just like how he looks wearing them. Thanks anyway... :lol

pjam said:
Yeah, I knew that. They get knocked loose on his face by the nurse, then he drops them on the floor, the T 1000 then crushes them with his shoe. I just like how he looks wearing them. Thanks anyway... :lol
Actually, she was a security guard, but yeah, Ahnold just looks badass wearing any sunglasses, though I prefer him with the first movie's Gargoyle glasses.

gooball said:
Hi guys.

Just how different is the paint-app on the battle damaged Endo? I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the cash over the 'regular' Hot Toys Endo.

My concern is that the regular Endo may be too 'clean', without any blackwashing, etc. Is this true? Or is the paint-ap pretty good/accurate in its own right?

Does anyone have a photo with a side-by-side comparison of the two? It would definitely make the decision easier...

I don't have the regular (clean) Endo, but I do have the Battle Damaged Endo. From the pics that have been posted here, and everywhere else the only difference that I can differentiate between the two, is that the BD Endo has a dirty/black wash with what seems to be laser blast marks, skull base, BD sticker on the slip cover, and $100 price difference, that's it.

I say if you can get a good deal on the BD Endo grab it, if not the regular one is a bit more screen accurate with the clean somewhat chromish look.

The skull base does look sick though.:rock

i found these on ebay. they are really nice. the look to be mods of the hot toys, sideshow and pop salute heads...

customizerwannabe said:
Those went for ridiculous bucks unfortunately.

they sold for a good price, but i don't think i'd call it ridiculous. these are very nice custom heads with really good paint jobs, especially the T1 and T2 heads.

sure, $100 plus is a lot for a mass produced head, but not for something like this.

a good paint job can cost $50. the paint and sculpting work done on the T1 and T2 heads justifies the price, i think.

My Lord said:
I don't have the regular (clean) Endo, but I do have the Battle Damaged Endo. From the pics that have been posted here, and everywhere else the only difference that I can differentiate between the two, is that the BD Endo has a dirty/black wash with what seems to be laser blast marks, skull base, BD sticker on the slip cover, and $100 price difference, that's it.

I say if you can get a good deal on the BD Endo grab it, if not the regular one is a bit more screen accurate with the clean somewhat chromish look.

The skull base does look sick though.:rock

Thanks for the response. I think I might just go with the regular Endo. The BD is at a price level which just doesn't some worth it. Even though I can afford it, I'd still feel guilty paying so much for just a paint app and a base.

Also, I'm thinking of getting multiples and in that case having several identical bases, as well as Endos with identical BD, just doesn't make much sense. I may try and get one BD if the price drops a little, but I think in the mean time I will be more than happy with the regular.

That BD looks sick!

I hope SS carries them, I would like to have one!

CustomizedArnold1.jpg

CustomizedArnold2.jpg

Thanks to whoever posted the suggestion to use a Metallic Silver Sharpie on the zippers.

The only other thing I did was to to remove the jacket, put a rubberband tightly under his waist, and then pull the bottom of the shirt with the band keeping it tight. Looks better and you can't see it since it's under the shirt & pants.

Now I'm thinking about stuffing him with something (cotton balls?) to fill out his muscular looks.

Back