Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone who contacts SSC, please let the rest of us know what they say about it. I'm curious what their procedure is for something like that happens after the 30-day return period has expired. I'm assuming they will still allow for refunds considering the problem is just now manifesting itself, but I don't know for sure.

Jaws will you be mentioning to SS that several of us here have the same problem with the jacket?

I'm not sure it is a weather problem as the temp hasn't changed much since January here.

Yup, I have damage on the back of the neck, the shotgun, and the shotgun hand where the jacket came in contact with those areas. I've removed both guns and the head until a solution is found hopefully. I hope this doesn't happen with the Dutch PF!

Is Dutch wearing a leather jacket we don't know about ?

I hate to say it, because I love this piece, but I'm thinking of doing the same. This piece wasn't cheap, and if the paint/jacket are going to be ruined by long-term contact, then maybe better to just try to get my money back now :(
Yeah, I don't know if a partial refund would be worth it. This piece is obviously defective and will not stand the test of time. My heart is a little broken. I've enjoyed the hell out of this piece. What a tragic shame this is. :(

Sent my request for a refund and told them that they will probably be hearing from others.

Here are the photos I sent. You can also see the little paint dots below the circled paint peel in the first photo.

T1paint.jpg

T1paint2.jpg

T1paint3.jpg

Wouldn't problem areas always be hidden though? The EB-800s body is going to stain like a mofo but I don't really care, I'll never be undressing him.

Is Dutch wearing a leather jacket we don't know about ?

I just hope that the material that they use on him doesn't have the same effect as the pleather jacket. Damn, this really sucks. I love this PF, but there is no way that I could sell him if that time comes.

Guys I know it sucks but try not to let these minor imperfections ruin this gorgeous piece.

I know what you are saying. I mean all the problem areas should be hidden. But it's frustrating. Frustrating because It happened with the original Indy. That was 300.00. Bought the Temple of Doom PF (very happy I did) and that was another 300.00 +. Sold my old Indy and did not get even close to the original cost. And now if I ever decide to sell this item (which I might due to the Hulk Maquette looking awesome) I will probably not get back what I paid. It's just something that we should not have to deal with after owning a piece for less then three months.

But even if you can accept those minor issues, the potential long term that it could be even more severe is a huge concern for me.
:exactly:
I know what you are saying. I mean all the problem areas should be hidden. But it's frustrating. Frustrating because It happened with the original Indy. That was 300.00. Bought the Temple of Doom PF (very happy I did) and that was another 300.00 +. Sold my old Indy and did not get even close to the original cost. And now if I ever decide to sell this item (which I might due to the Hulk Maquette looking awesome) I will probably not get back what I paid. It's just something that we should not have to deal with after owning a piece for less then three months.
:goodpost:

I know a lot of folks buy pieces never planning to sell them. I know I've felt this way a number of times in the past. Though, I have changed my collection direction a couple of times and needed money a couple other times and had to give up pieces I thought I'd have forever. These issues on this piece will definitely hurt resell value quite a bit. Sad.

Wouldn't problem areas always be hidden though? The EB-800s body is going to stain like a mofo but I don't really care, I'll never be undressing him.
Not necessarily. If you want to pose him with his collar down at some point, or look at him from the right angle, damage there could be seen.

:exactly:

:goodpost:

I know a lot of folks buy pieces never planning to sell them. I know I've felt this way a number of times in the past. Though, I have changed my collection direction a couple of times and needed money a couple other times and had to give up pieces I thought I'd have forever. These issues on this piece will definitely hurt resell value quite a bit. Sad.

Yeah my collection has done the same thing many times over. It has as much to do with space as it does with funds. I always think I am almost done but then SS puts out something else. I am waiting for the day when I have seven or eight items that I can not dream of getting rid of. Right now I have four.

Terminator could have been one but this new issue is just to much.

Back