Temperpedic or other Memory Foam Mattresses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praxitas

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anybody out there have one and if so is it worth the coin? I know most temperpedic's go for 2k or more. I just wanted to get see if anyone out there has one and can comment on them.

I have one and think its worth every penny. To be honest though it's not really something you notice until you get away from it and sleep on something else. The benefits are definitely there. I'd say the only drawbacks for me are the way it tends to conform to the weather. If its hot out your bed will be hot and if its cold your bed will be stiffer than usual. I went the firmer route to begin with and it took awhile to break in and get used to it. The benefits were gradual and are still subtle, but definitley there.

If you have the coin for the Temperpedic I would say go for it. I tried some of those in store and the Pillow top was the nicest but also the most expensive.. I just couldn't get past the three grand.. you do have the return period to try one out though.

A couple weeks ago I bought a 12" memory foam mattress from Sam's club.. (LINK) So far I F'n love it. our sleep is noticeably better. as far as the price I could get six of these for the price of the Temperpedic.

Some people are sensitive to the "new" smell. I unwrapped it in the spare bedroom and left it for a day in a half with the window open. IMO it wasn't bad at all. just a light paint type odor. (it goes away) I've heard also that they sleep hot to some people. I noticed it a bit at first but now not at all.

I'd say get one... at least try one out for a bit. you can always return it if it's not for you.

I used to have one...ex's mom bought it so it went when I kicked her out. YES it's worth it. We had the Temper with the softer pillow top and it was SWEET.

My mate has a memory foam matress on his spare bed and I sleep like a baby anytime I stay over. I need to get one myself.

Get it. Totally worth it. Best thing money can buy. Air it out for a couple days, though. The odour will kill you!:thud:

If you have the coin for the Temperpedic I would say go for it. I tried some of those in store and the Pillow top was the nicest but also the most expensive.. I just couldn't get past the three grand.. you do have the return period to try one out though.

A couple weeks ago I bought a 12" memory foam mattress from Sam's club.. (LINK) So far I F'n love it. our sleep is noticeably better. as far as the price I could get six of these for the price of the Temperpedic.

Some people are sensitive to the "new" smell. I unwrapped it in the spare bedroom and left it for a day in a half with the window open. IMO it wasn't bad at all. just a light paint type odor. (it goes away) I've heard also that they sleep hot to some people. I noticed it a bit at first but now not at all.

I'd say get one... at least try one out for a bit. you can always return it if it's not for you.

How long have you had your's, Thrifty? I was reading the reviews on the site and the only negative ones were from people who owned this for a year. They say it's not holding up.

Less then a month.

I didn't see any about it not holding up. just some complaints about the smell and an overweight couple who didn't like that they sunk into it....:dunno

Thanks for the input everyone. I definitely don't have the cash to get a temperpedic atm, so I wasnt sure If I would go the mattresses topper route or just wait and save for the real deal. I think I'm going to hold off and try to get one hopefully by the end of the year. :hi5:

Back