Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New 1/6 C3PO & R2D2 by Bandai - 12PM line

Agreed... I'd be pretty upset if Sideshow passed making these onto another company. Being made of metal pieces is pretty cool; but unecessary given everything else is either plastic or polystone in the line.

My suspicion is these are just Sideshow sharing the license like they did with HT. The only thing that has me questioning that is the inclusion of the "Heroes of the Rebellion" logo.

My suspicion is these are just Sideshow sharing the license like they did with HT. The only thing that has me questioning that is the inclusion of the "Heroes of the Rebellion" logo.

It means one of two things.

A, these are gonna be the "Sideshow" droids. Which I kinda doubt. I don't think Sideshow would punch us in the face that hard.

Or two, Sideshow's actual droids are still years away.

Either way, its big kahkah.

That's true :lecture

In the meantime just pick up the Hasbro droids... they're cheap as hell and with just a tiny bit of work/weathering look good.

TIn the meantime just pick up the Hasbro droids... they're cheap as hell and with just a tiny bit of work/weathering look good.

Yeah, your dirty little R2 looks great.

And every time I see him peeking in Yoda's hut I giggle.

:lol :lol He's a little peeping Tom that one :lol

I think he only cost like $5 too... so even though these will be way nicer I'm good with the savings :lol

:lol :lol He's a little peeping Tom that one :lol

I think he only cost like $5 too... so even though these will be way nicer I'm good with the savings :lol

i don't know what your worried about them being $300 for.............you would wind up picking them up for like $95 a piece............:wink1:

:lol

These are not going to be cheap... easily between $350.00 and $450.00 each... but they will be gorgeous... :clap!!
My guess is that with these coming, most likely it'll be a while before we see Sideshow's version...

video of the figures

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbOfVWRDlMA[/ame]

On R2, looks like there's two front panels that open and one rear panel...or could open.

Would love to see these light up.

Certainly, real metal, light-up, working bits...gonna hit HT prices, so $279-$299 given past pricing is highly likely.

Sideshow probably saw that they'd make just as much profit distributing these as they would making their own, so why not distribute these first.

Hey - thanks for posting that vid!! They're both very nice. :cool:

However - some of 3PO's contours & cuts aren't exactly right.. & R2's dome is too chrome, & his center eye should be black basically. I won't be able to afford these anyway.. :lol

They do look very nice... I'd really like to see them next to a normal 1/6th figure to determine how they would fit in scale wise... Though it might not matter at 3-400 each. Hell, that's close to the PF price.

But by the time SS gets to making these, and with how their prices are rising as of late, you know the plastic droids from SS will cost about the same as these metal ones!! :monkey2

Thanks for that video, Dead-Man. They certainly appear to be the definitive versions of the droids. Very difficult to see Sideshow matching the quality. Everything will depend now on scale and price. If these are super expensive, maybe I'll just let some SS stuff go that I was planning on getting and throw the money towards the droids. Seems no sense in having a bunch of bit players if I don't have these two iconic characters.

Agreed... I'd be pretty upset if Sideshow passed making these onto another company. Being made of metal pieces is pretty cool; but unecessary given everything else is either plastic or polystone in the line.

I hear you... I'd rather have plastic versions. They'd probably fit in better with earlier SW figures and be a lot cheaper too! Real metal parts are over the top.

My Hasbro 3PO and R2 look just fine with the SSC Luke and I didn't even weather them yet.

No offense to any die hard SSC fanatics, but I'm kind of getting tired of SSC's promo teasers and the lack of information on products they offer.

But by the time SS gets to making these, and with how their prices are rising as of late, you know the plastic droids from SS will cost about the same as these metal ones!! :monkey2

If the prices go that high on plastic figures. I'm packing it in. Imagine what the prices on the metal figures will inflate to...:thud:

Last edited:
Back