Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just releasing things out of die cast for the sake of doing it. It makes sense for Droids because they are Droids. That would be as stupid as those Play Imaginative super hero figures.

Stormtrooper armor and boba fett armor would be made of a lightweight metal, I would think. It's not diecast for the sake of it if in real life it would have been metal. I don't mean 100% of them to be diecast.

But Stormtrooper armor isn't supposed to be metal in the movies, so it wouldn't make any sense to make the figure parts metal. I know it was a long long time ago, but it didn't take place in Camelot. ;)

Boba's armor maybe, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the trouble. I'd rather have metal weapons.

Duh, just realized the perfect figure for this line, IG-88. Never gonna happen, but would be cool done with bandai's quality.

Wasn't certain parts on the SSC version metal? That thing looks awesome and heard nothing but praise for it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

IG88 is a great figure, but I don't think he had any metal parts. My vote would have been for them to make Grievous out of die cast. I think that could have been the solution to some of the center of gravity issues with the character design. All plastic just makes him top heavy.

At this stage, if Tamashii released a die cast Boba Fett, Stormtrooper, or any other figure other than R2, the members here will riot and all hell will break loose. :panic:

Is there some line in star wars that declares the armor of storm troopers to not be metal? Or boba fett? Personally I don't consider nonsense book writers, comic writers or fan fiction writers made up to be lore. Far as I'm concerned those armors sre just as likely, and most sensibly, an advanced, lightweight metal alloy.

A light weight metal alloy would be less effective than some nonmetallic composite. I'm sure that plays out in a galaxy far away as it does in ours. ;) The Stormtrooper armor is supposed to be plastics-based - though obviously they don't reference such minutiae in the films, like almost everything Star Wars, including the names of 95%+ of the characters.

Last edited:
I don't get it.. why do people have such a hard on for stuff that isn't priority releases in Diecast? It was the same thing when HT announced Robocop and Ironman. All of the sudden there was tons of people clamoring about how cool it would be for HT to redo all of the Predator figures with Diecast armor.

To stay on topic, the only thing I want from this line before anything else is R2D2. In regards to HT, they really need to revisit the 1/6 Endoskeleton and they should definitely do that one in Diecast.

Well r2d2 is the priority. Just talking out loud because i can only read "please make r2d2 I neeeeeeed it" so many times.

Will the quarters themselves be quartered? And if so, will they then be bronzed? Perhaps moulds made for die casting. I can imagine it on the shelf now… (this is where you see the screen start to fade and go all goofy and the music starts…) One genuine piece of the "Decision Maker" - RIP.

Back