Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In terms of scale, the Taito clock. If you're handy with the paint it can come up a lot better too. Paint and detailing on the medi is nice but it's way too small next to the Tamashii.

It's a shame the Medi R2 is so tiny, because it really is a nice little figure.

It's the ultimate lemon though, because not only is it too small, but the price is nothing short of stupid. :lol

The scale is unfortunately way off if we use this movie pic for reference.
uploadfromtaptalk1391429311394.jpg

How can Medicom claim this is 1/6...

The Taito R2D2 is available, but it's mainly from Japan. Amazon.co.jp has it for $24 and there are a few on yahoo auctions all the time, but you have to go through a proxy service or have a friend in Japan to get at them.

As for the size differences it's pretty clear that neither Sideshow nor Medicom bother to size match their figures even to the ones they have previously released themselves. The only evidence we've seen of that is the Bandai Threepio which the designer matched to the relative height of the Sideshow ANH Luke.

It's a shame it seems Bandai won't be making any more of these.

Not trying to discourage folks, but I'd imagine a lot of the Amazon ones (or ones listed on other big trading sites) are from the defect club now.

Anything with a super cheap price tag, would suggest a kahkah smell to me. :lol

I can't decide if I should buy used from amazon warehouse deals. Know one guy who did and said it was perfect, but still I'm leery.

I can't decide if I should buy used from amazon warehouse deals. Know one guy who did and said it was perfect, but still I'm leery.

I have bought from them a couple of times. Just read the description carefully. Stick to the Used-Like New ones and you should be fine.

The Taito R2 definitely suits my needs until something better comes along. I just couldnt possibly have 3PO without the other. Is the R2 officially off the table with Bandai?

Nothing is official, just rumoured or speculation. But if by chance Bandai do secure a license it won't be happening for a long while yet.

Good job. You just summed up the last 2000 posts. :clap:

Except by now the debate begins where people argue the Taito clock is an insult to the Tamashii 3po.

I argue that it is the best to-scale option. The hasbro version is too short and the medi is comically small. I was surprised when my taito R2 came and how nice it looks. It's only fault is the plastic seams on its head and clock buttons on the back haha. I do like that it is articulated as well.

I'm not going to put them together, but for those who are really keen, sanding down those seams and getting it nicely painted up wouldn't be too hard :)

Back