Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys talking about "quality" strictly from a materials standpoint (because 3PO is die cast)? Because if it's from a sculpt perspective, then I'm really afraid the shiny metal is blinding some people. ;) I want this figure as well, but there is a lot wrong with the sculpt, not just the pistons which I like to pick on. Grab some reference photos and go to town on the neck, chest, ear-lobe-looking things, shoulder joints, ankles, feet - I could go on…

I think some of the unmodified, and especially the modified "place-holders" look fantastic. If you like to do any kind of figure mods or customs, these R2 units offer a very low priced entry point with terrific scale and details. Or you can patiently wait… ;) For something that may never come or may itself be so far off the mark no one will want it.
To my eyes, 3PO is about perfect. Yes there may be some inconsistencies from the 1:1 model but I can accept them because overall it's a beautiful representation of 3PO. For example, Medicom's 3PO was quite nice looking, but I could never abide the painted-on wiring, so even if it was scaled to SSC's figures, I would've passed it over. Some of the customized R2s are alright, but you tell in a glance the dome isn't metal, that the blue panels aren't inlaid, that the canister body is plastic, no lights, etc. Those are the details I want in a robot character with R2's stature.

Ok then. The smiley is there for the reading impaired. Highbrow? Again, nice pot/kettle workshop you're running here. Hey, I know how bent out of shape you get when someone doesn't agree with you, so it's no big deal - apparently other people are only entitled to their own opinions when they keep them quiet and don't upset your standards.
Weak. You're reaching hopelessly, & making nonsensical implications - it's funny. :lol

Bent out of shape? Pseudo insults? :lol I never insult people here, ever. I may be sarcastic, or challenge them on a comment (as with jra8), but I'm happy to agree to disagree if it ends up that way.

Stop sulking. :huh

To my eyes, 3PO is about perfect. Yes there may be some inconsistencies from the 1:1 model but I can accept them because overall it's a beautiful representation of 3PO. For example, Medicom's 3PO was quite nice looking, but I could never abide the painted-on wiring, so even if it was scaled to SSC's figures, I would've passed it over. Some of the customized R2s are alright, but you tell in a glance the dome isn't metal, that the blue panels aren't inlaid, that the canister body is plastic, no lights, etc. Those are the details I want in a robot character with R2's stature.

:exactly: :goodpost:

38485-Eddie-Griffin-Eating-Popcorn-G-1pJN.gif

Which R2 clock is the correct one? There are a few different ones that come up on eBay? What should I be looking for? Thanks ;)

But how much are the clocks going for nowadays? I thought they shot up in price to like $60+, which is way too much for a placeholder IMO. For $20? Yeah, I wouldn't mind that.

If you can find one, $80. But really, I was considering just getting it and calling it a day. To me he looks fantastic for a stupid clock. :lol

If you can find one, $80. But really, I was considering just getting it and calling it a day. To me he looks fantastic for a stupid clock. :lol

What is the exact clock I should be looking for? I seem to find a few different ones when I search. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

It IS admittedly a pretty good figure, at the very least on par with the Hasbro.

It's annoying that these started out at like $30 or $40, but then quickly shot up to $60-$80 when everyone saw how good they came out!

Amazon warehouse has a used one for $250. Says it has minor flaws... Think I'll wait and get a new one. There are several for $300-310 shipped from Japan on amazon but don't know the sellers.

Mine so far looks flawless. I just opened the box to verify it since I'm still at work and so far I'm impressed! I'm afraid I'm going to have to use gloves with this one since I don't want to scratch it. You guys that have this figure, how delicate is it?

Amazon warehouse has a used one for $250. Says it has minor flaws... Think I'll wait and get a new one. There are several for $300-310 shipped from Japan on amazon but don't know the sellers.

Mine so far looks flawless. I just opened the box to verify it since I'm still at work and so far I'm impressed! I'm afraid I'm going to have to use gloves with this one since I don't want to scratch it. You guys that have this figure, how delicate is it?

Hey, stop buying all the same stuff I want! Lol. You and I seem to be on very similar trends here.

Did you get the warehouse deal from amazon?

I'm about to drop $300 on the CM Gokin grendizer since i preordered it at amiami, but this C-3PO is probably a better use of my money.

LoL yea I always see your name come up when I'm back tracking on some threads. I got mine from amazon from a japanese seller. Santa trading something or other. It's brand new and initially I saw no flaws whatsoever but I'll take a better look once i get home and post some pics up. Now all I need is a Hot Toys DX07 Luke. I had the cash but bought a IM Secret Project figure instead. Now I have to wait till next month. This hobby takes a toll on your wallet. It sucks when you're into so many different licenses lol you want it all. I think if you have the Luke already it would go great with the C3PO and the price is right at $300ish.

Hey, stop buying all the same stuff I want! Lol. You and I seem to be on very similar trends here.

Did you get the warehouse deal from amazon?

I'm about to drop $300 on the CM Gokin grendizer since i preordered it at amiami, but this C-3PO is probably a better use of my money.

I do have the Luke. Have the SSC Vader coming in January, so yeah, i think I need this C-3PO. I'll check out that seller. Been hesitant to buy from random japanese sellers on amazon.

Back