Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't know how they would make a better 3po than this

Make it from 90% plastic instead of Zamac( Diecast), only using zamak for things like the pistons, or cut it entirely.

Add a second pelvis so he can sit down.

Sell it for 1/2 of what Bandai is asking, since there is little-to-no garbage metal in it.

Make it from 90% plastic instead of Zamac( Diecast), only using zamak for things like the pistons, or cut it entirely.

Add a second pelvis so he can sit down.

Sell it for 1/2 of what Bandai is asking, since there is little-to-no garbage metal in it.
Ok - you pitch it to HT or SSC..

..& I'll take a complimentary successful prototype. :lecture :lol

My Tamashii 3PO arrived from Amazon (like new) today and its incredible! One of the inner elbow pistons had come out, but I was able to fit it back on...otherwise it seems flawless. Some crappy pics of my temporary display.

DSC00240_zpsaf8a661b.jpg

DSC00244_zps4f3f29e8.jpg

Ok - you pitch it to HT or SSC..

..& I'll take a complimentary successful prototype. :lecture :lol

if you think one, or the other, or BOTH of those companies aren't mulling over this thing doing EXACTLY that already, you're crazy :lol

A quality plastic 3P0 made soonish is going to be a liscense to print money.

if you think one, or the other, or BOTH of those companies aren't mulling over this thing doing EXACTLY that already, you're crazy :lol

A quality plastic 3P0 made soonish is going to be a liscense to print money.
You've probably already got this figure anyway.. & you're just not telling us. :nana:

Seriously though, SSC will release their 3PO as soon as they release an awesome fur covered Chewbacca. :lol

No new 3PO. Maybe after 2015, but probably not for at least 3-5 years.

SSC has already released 2 this year, does it make any sense to release more? Would DIsney/LFL even license them to make another so soon? Not likely. Brand dilution.

Isn't the medicom version considered the plastic one? (which I now regret buying after getting the bandai one)

No new 3PO. Maybe after 2015, but probably not for at least 3-5 years.

SSC has already released 2 this year, does it make any sense to release more? Would DIsney/LFL even license them to make another so soon? Not likely. Brand dilution.

Do you REALLY think that Brand Dilution is possible when it comes to Star wars?

Star%2Bwars%2Bcollection%2Bin%2B2004%2B01.jpg

Though I think you're right, we won;t see another 1/6th threepio released for a year or two.

Back