Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any feedback as the faint brush stroke type finish on mine's right pectoral and just below it?
I don't think it would bug me. I can barely detect it in the photo, so it seems like something I'd only notice if I was specifically looking for it. Or is it more prominent in person?

Saw this on Facebook... not sure if it's new or not, but looks way too clean for my tastes...
If those aren't old photos from last year, it's definitely the same prototype. Pretty sure it's not too representative of what the production piece will look like.

I don't think it would bug me. I can barely detect it in the photo, so it seems like something I'd only notice if I was specifically looking for it. Or is it more prominent in person?

If those aren't old photos from last year, it's definitely the same prototype. Pretty sure it's not too representative of what the production piece will look like.

no, it's not that noticeable actually, i'm one of those guys that checks everything on all my figures and always find at least one small tiny detail of QC, maybe it's just my OCD, but no figure is ever perfect, i can dirt in a snow storm when it comes to figures! I'm swiging by a shop that has one and will compare to see how that figure looks in comparison. Thanks for the input man.

Yep, I hear you. I'm pretty OCD and for the price, it's not unreasonable to want it to be perfect. If the one in the shop is pristine and my mind kept wandering back to the blemish on the one I owned, then I'd bite the bullet and swap 'em out, probably.

Yep, I hear you. I'm pretty OCD and for the price, it's not unreasonable to want it to be perfect. If the one in the shop is pristine and my mind kept wandering back to the blemish on the one I owned, then I'd bite the bullet and swap 'em out, probably.

yeah, that's what i'm thinking! i really think it's the finish, and i've compared pics and see similar finish on OMG pics too!

after seeing the comparison pics, I'm more impressed with the Medi RAH than the Tamashii, other than overall size. The details look sharper and more accurate.

I've owned both. Tamashii is WAY more accurate. Medicom is too stylized. And R2 is too itty bitty.

600154_479838208757384_1623443238_n.jpg

I think what I dislike the most is the dome. It reminds me of one the Hasbro R2's.

Isn't the finish duller on the real R2?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
after seeing the comparison pics, I'm more impressed with the Medi RAH than the Tamashii, other than overall size. The details look sharper and more accurate.

Yes, based on the pics I reckon it's something I could easily overlook, and I'm reasonably picky about this figure.

Without directly comparing pics, these do look like they we taken from one of the same cons as other pics.

yeah, that's what i'm thinking! i really think it's the finish, and i've compared pics and see similar finish on OMG pics too!

It's hard to unsee what you at first perceive to be a possoble fault, but in this case I think you can give yourself a pass. OMGs pics were the main ones I used to assess whether my first one was up to par.

...on a separate note, peeps interested in watching the destruction vid will just have to view it on a flash-compatible device. Uploading it to youtube... meh, effort.

OK, I'm in da Tama Theepio club! :rock

I thought there was something different about you. You seem... taller, more tanned and far more handsome. Not to mention wittier and more charming. But I suspect you're too busy being intimately fondled and nibbled by Swedish bikini models to be reading this.

600154_479838208757384_1623443238_n.jpg

I think what I dislike the most is the dome. It reminds me of one the Hasbro R2's.

Isn't the finish duller on the real R2?

On the packaging the dome doesn't look too bad.
Will hold out more judgement until more pics are shown.

Yeah, some of the proto pics of Threepio were awful as well. I don't think this is any indication of what the final product will look like.
I bet it's going to be as good as theepio.

I thought there was something different about you. You seem... taller, more tanned and far more handsome. Not to mention wittier and more charming. But I suspect you're too busy being intimately fondled and nibbled by Swedish bikini models to be reading this.

Hahaha. That was nice. And I do, I feel like a new man, a better man.

I miss your baby polar bear gif rory.. :lol

Me too. Although I never read the story behind it. I'd like to.

Congrats, Fiend. Hope it arrives flawless. :duff

As for R2, I'm not very worried. Pretty sure he'll be as definitive as 3PO.

Thanks bud. :)

Yeah, some of the proto pics of Threepio were awful as well. I don't think this is any indication of what the final product will look like.
I bet it's going to be as good as theepio.

As for R2, I'm not very worried. Pretty sure he'll be as definitive as 3PO.

Ain't nobody dissin' Japan's Foremost Star Wars Scholar now :lecture

I compared mine with another and there's was actually worse, same issue with the finish. After seeing that, I'm glad I have mine. All is well in the world! I'm thinking we will see R2 at SDCC which is when we saw this guy last year and he came out this year. Since R2 is due out next year, there's hope we'll see him.

Back