Synthetic Fur/Hair where to get supplies from

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAC83

Super Freak
Reaction score
Evening/Morning everyone (depending where you are in the world). So I have decided to challenge myself :monkey4 :cuckoo: myself with a custom Chewbacca 1/6 head sculpt. Using the HT ANH figure as a base I want to mod the base sculpture and then layer the hair. If anyone can assist me with where you can purchase hair samples or off-cuts (not sure what Im actually supposed to be searching) that would be great. I have come across hair from https://www.nftech.com but a little steep in price. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Look up mohair on eBay or online - that's what you'll want. The other stuff is too thick and won't look right. I've purchased through eBay mostly - think it was someone in Australia.

PS - did some looking for you, you actually can get decent looking synthetic fur - try fabric shops like joann.com or local fabric/craft shops.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks guys for the intel will definitely check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sites that cater to the fake baby industry usually have a good selection of mohair at good prices.

Back