Sym-Bionic Titan - Cartoon Network Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching it now, I'm only 15 minutes in and I am in love. Makes me feel like a kid again watching an awesome 80s cartoon. Genndy Tartakovsky is my hero and I have a new favorite show!! :rock

Wow man, saw the show tonight...rad. Nice to see his direction hasn't missed a step. Exciting action scenes, good comedic chemistry between the main characters, and the art design...whoa momma! Battle of the Planets, Voltron, Rick Hunter, Big O, tons of anime I don't even recognize and POW you get SBT. Looks great in HD, love the design of the mech and totally want toys. This guy is the master at 2D animation, and oh yeah the Clone Wars was on too. Blown away fellas, where is my action figures of the Titan?
:lecture :rock :hi5: :rock :hi5:

I totally 100% agree nick, especially about the toys, I wants TOYS!!!!!

I almost cried when Ilana, Lance and Octus went into 'Sym-Bionic Defense Mode' and when the Titan sliced the creature in half with his sword I lost it, I felt like a little boy watching Voltron again for the first time! It was beautiful. :monkey2 :)

Just downloaded, watched and loved it! The high school stuff was a bit meh and the voice acting occasionally weak, but the rest of was fantastic! Solomon seems like he can become a badass as well, and the main villain came across as threatening, if a bit silly looking. And was that Keith David's voice I heard? :rock Definately going to keep my eye on this one, I really wonder where they'll go with the story as well.

Watched it this morning and loved it! Makes me want to pick up some older big robot anime.

Pumped for the rest of the series. :rock

While I was watching it I got the same gushing feeling that I had when watching Original Clone Wars and Samurai Jack. This is a story with a lot of different elements, like when they showed what's happening to the king on their home planet. The story, like all of Genndy's shows, is well thought out and planned and we are in store for a truely awesome season. I can't wait for next week's episode.

Watched this, this morning and absolutely loved it. It gave me a huge 80s vibe mixed in with the classic CW animation. I set my DVR for all new episodes and hope this series goes far.

saw this last night and absolutely loved it. i love the "hiding in high school" thing! all kinds of awesome

Watched this, this morning and absolutely loved it. It gave me a huge 80s vibe mixed in with the classic CW animation. I set my DVR for all new episodes and hope this series goes far.

Shay Maria...well played Mike. Also where are my effing toys? :impatient:

I'm not too keen on the compuer animated robot.

I would prefer this show to be 2D all the way.

It's still interesting.

Speaking about cartoon shows with robots.

A Megas XLR DVD release is way over due!

Anyone catch the second episode? I absolutely loved it, great character moments, awesome dialogue...Particurarly liked the way they dealt with the aftermath of the first monster, and how they dealt with this one. Very creative.

Spoiler Spoiler:

EDIT: The only things I didn't like that there was so little robot mode action in this. Hopefully the third episode will change that.

Last edited:
I hope they Add more character's and show thier robotic suits and stuff. I'm sure they are more survivor's.

Was finally able to watch Episode 2 yesterday and it did not dissapoint! I love the team aspect of the Titan, reminds me so much of Voltron and G-Force. The writing and animation direction for this are so good, had goosebumps the entire time I was watching. :D

Anyone catch the second episode? I absolutely loved it, great character moments, awesome dialogue...Particurarly liked the way they dealt with the aftermath of the first monster, and how they dealt with this one. Very creative.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Loved everything about it!

and

There have to be repercussions for that incident, Lance needs to chill the **** out! :lol

I watched it last night. Effing awesome! Best show on TV right now. :lecture
Easily the best animated show (next to the Venture Brothers)! The thing I like is that it has a good time slot, right at the end of the kid cartoons and right before Adult Swim starts. I hope it attracts the kids as well as the grown ups so it can have a nice long run.

You might wanna start with Voltron and G-Force. :wink1:

Definitely thinking of those two. Voltron is an easy pick-up, but the US barely had any Battle of the Planets/G-Force episodes released. There's a complete Battle of the Planets set from the UK, but it's out of print and expensive.

I want to find out what anime is influencing this show so I can fill out my DVD collection. :rock

Ta-da! :yess:

Tartakovksy drew inspiration from many sources. He grew up with mecha anime series from the 70's and 80's like Speed Racer, Robotech and Voltron and states: "For whatever reason, I have always loved the idea of kids driving giant robots." His biggest influence were John Hughes movies like Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club, but the relationship between the two teenage leads was also inspired by Hayao Miyazaki's Castle in the Sky.

and from the man himself (who I didn't know did the storyboards for Iron Man 2)

GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY: Well, what hasn't inspired Titan? Mainly, I think the two biggest influences have been John Hughes movies (Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, etc) and G-Force/Battle of the Planets. The character visual style is a mixed bag of goodies. Speed Racer, Astro Boy, the Fleischer Bros., and other Osamu Tezuka manga. The robots were designed by Paul Rudish and I think there’s always a Shogun Warrior aspect but for this project we were inspired by Micronauts (the toy line and not so much the comic book). I'm sure Paul has extra hidden influences that he keeps all to himself!!

Back