Switching Yavin Luke's head with ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about adding a lightsaber clamp, how did you do it? I would love to see it.

Here you go, my uncompleted Yavin Luke conversion:
yavin_luke_01.jpg

Notice his head is not fully on, as I HAVE to re-paint it.

And here is his belt clip. Just crazy glued it onto the back of his belt, even though he didn't have the clip on the movie belt. Ah well!

yavin_luke_02.jpg

Hope this helps! MANY THANKS for the Hugh Fleming pic! AWESOME!!

Last edited:
Looks quite good! I didn't know Hamil took fancy shots in that get-up, but it fits in line with Solo's outfits.

Looks great Jaymas!

On a side note, I had no idea so many press shots existed of Hamill wearing that outfit!

IF I Remember correctly, the Book "the crystal shard" was originaly intended to be a screenplay for a Star Wars made for TV movie, planned before the original Star wars debued in theatres. the writer was told to use as many props from the mive as he could, to maximize their use, so fox could make back more of their investment if the star wars movie flopped.

In the book, that was what luke wore, and those promo shots were intended to help sell the newer made for tv movie.

Could be wrong on the promo shots.

Nice job on the saber clip. did you remove it from another figure? or sculpt it?

i made mine from sculpy.

Side note.. i'd forgotten how horrible the buck body is. get that luke a bodyswap! :lol

Nice job on the saber clip. did you remove it from another figure? or sculpt it?

i made mine from sculpy.

Side note.. i'd forgotten how horrible the buck body is. get that luke a bodyswap! :lol

Ha! Yes, he does look odd on that body, doesn't he?

I had an extra Obi-Wan belt so I removed the clamp from that, and glued it to the back of Yavin Luke's belt. I guess I could add the silver 'rivet' details, but I didn't.

This is from awhile back and the photo is crap but I've worked on a Yavin Luke myself.

picture.php

I put the Rebel Fleet trooper boots on him and the Bespin Luke belt/holster. Of course I was just having fun with him, kinda going for a Han Solo look, not really going for screen accuracy.

I now have him on a Prometheus body which really takes the boxy look out of the shoulder area making the jacket a better fit. If I were to really want to take this figure over the top I'd add some DID boots and go back to the original blaster and holster.

That Yavin Luke sculpt is just horrible. I got the original ceremonial Luke for 25 bucks shipped from a fellow freak. I didn't even consider displaying him with that head so I had a little fun with this bash.

This is from awhile back and the photo is crap but I've worked on a Yavin Luke myself.

picture.php

I put the Rebel Fleet trooper boots on him and the Bespin Luke belt/holster. Of course I was just having fun with him, kinda going for a Han Solo look, not really going for screen accuracy.

I now have him on a Prometheus body which really takes the boxy look out of the shoulder area making the jacket a better fit. If I were to really want to take this figure over the top I'd add some DID boots and go back to the original blaster and holster.

That Yavin Luke sculpt is just horrible. I got the original ceremonial Luke for 25 bucks shipped from a fellow freak. I didn't even consider displaying him with that head so I had a little fun with this bash.

looks tremendous dude. I keep meaning to replace all my lukes bodies with promethus bodies. fills out his clothes wonderfully, and has a great size ratio with his head.

works much better than the TT slim for luke IMO.

only trick is getting a Pro with good joints.

I had an extra Obi-Wan belt so I removed the clamp from that, and glued it to the back of Yavin Luke's belt. I guess I could add the silver 'rivet' details, but I didn't.

The clip looks great! I am going to do the same using the extra belt i got from the ANH Luke I used. How would someone make the rivets if the wanted to? Any one got any ideas?

....I've worked on a Yavin Luke myself...I put the Rebel Fleet trooper boots on him...

....If I were to really want to take this figure over the top I'd add some DID boots ...

You know, I really don't like the boots on the Yavin Luke. the heel is too big making him a bit too tall and hard to stand on his own. Are the Fleet trooper boots much better? And what are "DID boots"?

The clip looks great! I am going to do the same using the extra belt i got from the ANH Luke I used. How would someone make the rivets if the wanted to? Any one got any ideas?

You know, I really don't like the boots on the Yavin Luke. the heel is too big making him a bit too tall and hard to stand on his own. Are the Fleet trooper boots much better? And what are "DID boots"?

Well, first for some pics:

RFT boots
boots.jpg

DID German officer boots

!Bic2rvwBmk~$(KGrHqUOKkUEsOSw5+FDBLO+0hWmlg~~_12.JPG

So the Fleet Trooper boots are nice, but not screen accurate. Toy Anxiety has them for like 6 bucks a pair w/o shipping. I put them on Luke because at the time I was just trying to get a cool look for him.

The DIDs are about 10 bucks w/o shipping through ebay. They are screen accurate, or at least quite close as they are the right height, and are very high quality. Paint the heal black and remove the strap at the top if you want and they become even closer. I've bought 4 pair and have them on ANH Han, Jedi Luke, Cobra Commander and German Indy who all come with the crappy SS boots that the Yavin Luke comes with..... I hate those things.

Last edited:

Well, I'd remove the plastic on the back of the belt holding the little plastic rivets in. Pop out the little things, drill two little holes in the yavin Luke belt and pop the plastic rivets through the holes in the clip. Glue the whole thing together onto the belt. DONE! :)

These are the little plastic rivets I'm talking about, above the clip on the luke belt:
21.jpg

Your Yavin Luke belt will look the same once completed.

Drat! Looking at the pic maybe I'll add them too....

DID German officer boots

!Bic2rvwBmk~$(KGrHqUOKkUEsOSw5+FDBLO+0hWmlg~~_12.JPG

The DIDs are about 10 bucks w/o shipping through ebay. They are screen accurate, or at least quite close as they are the right height, and are very high quality. Paint the heal black and remove the strap at the top if you want and they become even closer. I've bought 4 pair and have them on ANH Han, Jedi Luke, Cobra Commander and German Indy who all come with the crappy SS boots that the Yavin Luke comes with..... I hate those things.

Do you have a pic of your figures using these boots??

They're awesome.... A total no brainer when replacing those style of boots.... I think Praji is the only figure I own that came with the crappy SS ones who I've yet to swap to these.

Do those DiD boots restrict the movement in the ankle?? What material are the made of?? It looks like leather.

interesting thread- strange but view is 180degrees opposite- i bought the yavin luke for a tenner and out that head on farmboy luke- always thought the farmboy looked wrong!!!

interesting thread- strange but view is 180degrees opposite- i bought the yavin luke for a tenner and out that head on farmboy luke- always thought the farmboy looked wrong!!!

Yeah, I have to agree on the Farmboy head. Something just isn't right about it.

That is interesting. I wonder if anyone has any pics of how they may have used the Yavin Luke sculpt on another Luke figure? Maybe it would look more like Luke to me in a more iconic Luke Skywalker outfit.

As for the "farmboy" sculpt goes, I admit that in some pictures, and even some lighting, I don't like it as much. This is probably true of most sculpts. However, I think in good lighting, especially lighting that doesn't fill, the details of how the sculpt captures Hamill really shines.

here is another look at the sculpt without paint.
lukeskywalkerheadsculpt.jpg

Another look at the sculpt without paint.

And here is a great pic that shows what difference lighting can make in regards to capturing the likeness of the subject.
lukeskywalkerfigurebyvl.jpg

This pic looks a lot like Hamill to me. I am not saying the sculpt is perfect, but pretty darn good. The only other one that is near as good in my mind is the stormtrooper Luke; but that one while really good has kinda a goofy expression.

Back