SW Dioramas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be around $80, just like the LOTR "Crack of Doom" piece. Any more than that and it's a pass for me. This thing will be tiny. Pehaps a little bit bigger than the "Crack" piece.

FlyAndFight said:
Should be around $80, just like the LOTR "Crack of Doom" piece. Any more than that and it's a pass for me. This thing will be tiny. Pehaps a little bit bigger than the "Crack" piece.

more than twice the size so i doubt it

remember hobbits aren't the same size as humans......even in 1/9 scale :D

Point taken. I'll bump it to $125 retail and available for closer to $100 from dealers.

Also, I don't see an exclusive here, either. I think these "Diorama" lines will simply be the pieces themselves, without exclusives. Just a guess.

Fritz said:
I thought the Marvel Dioramas were approximately 1/7th as well. They can't be 1/9th because Captain America is about 11" tall. If the scale was 1/9th his actual height would be over 8 feet so it has to be closer to 1/7th which puts him just over 6'.

Is Cap really 11 inches tall?? Weird - our measurements on the site must be off (imagine that ;)) because it says the entire thing is 12" tall, including the base and Cap's arms and shield up over his head. Anyway, I could have sworn they were close to 1/9th, at least the Hulk VS Spidey and also the bust dioramas. Anyhoo, I apologise for the mistake if so.

My point was that this is bigger than you're expecting. 8 inches is a nice height for these guys, plus the base is pretty big! :duff

SideshowDusty said:
My point was that this is bigger than you're expecting. 8 inches is a nice height for these guys, plus the base is pretty big! :duff

Can you give us an estimate of the total height including the base? :D

jason2885 said:
I hope most of these are under $200.

I just had a cool idea for the line ROTJ Luke vs. Boba Fett.

whoaaa, that whole scene above the pit with chewie, lando & han

that would be a $350 dio

Darth Waller said:
Can you give us an estimate of the total height including the base? :D

Approximately 13-14 inches I believe. :duff If you'd like to see it photographed next to something else for scale, please submit your request to Ask Sideshow - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/php/asksideshow.php - and we will pass it along... as they are tearing down the booth each year, they like to snap some fun photos! :duff

I would expect an exclusive of some sort, the marvel ones have exclusives so why not SW? Does the LOTR have an exclusive? I suppose if it doesn't that rather puts this one up in the air as to whether there will be one or not.

As for the price point I'm not even going to hazard a guess because I have no clue. I'm just hoping for 100 dollars, 125 at the max, anything more and I'm out.

There's images of the diorama at Rebelscum right now, as well as Maul & Boba.

Question: Do Darth Maul's lightsabers light up on the Premium Format figure? How about the lightsabers in the Obi-Wan VS Anakin diorama?

SSC: Our Darth Maul Premium Format figure's saber blades DO light up. They will be battery powered. They will NOT come with the AC adapter (like Vader and Ben did). The diorama sabers do NOT light up.

jlcmsu said:
Question: Do Darth Maul's lightsabers light up on the Premium Format figure? How about the lightsabers in the Obi-Wan VS Anakin diorama?

SSC: Our Darth Maul Premium Format figure's saber blades DO light up. They will be battery powered. They will NOT come with the AC adapter (like Vader and Ben did). The diorama sabers do NOT light up.
But you can see a plug on the base.

I'm all over this line. Personally though, I'd like to see diorama's covering the "darker" side of SW. Something like Anakin slicing his way through Tusken Raiders w/ a few limbs and heads laying on the base; also, mace standing over the headless body of Jango Fett would be good, and so would Yoda from ROTS when he's yanking his saber from the clonetroopers chest. Qui-Gon getting it in the gut by Maul as Obi-Wan watches is another I'd like to see. I'm excited about this new line though; and, I'm glad I gave up the GG diorama line even more now.

Mini-Rock said:
Something like Anakin slicing his way through Tusken Raiders w/ a few limbs and heads laying on the base; also,

I kind of doubt Lucas would allow that for a figure. This isn't McFarlane your talking about here. Its one thing to show Jango's head / helmet (no blood, no face) rolling along in the movie but to show TR limbs and heads on a base I just can't see.

Back