SW: 12" or 1/4 PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what would you choose?

• Total voters
It really depends if you like clothed statues or poseable figures. The 12" line is just as good (if not better) than just about any of the 1/4 SW figures. Luke and Han appear to be meh, but Vader is impressive, most impressive. A 1/6 Vader will just be as good, if not better. Besides, do you like people telling you how you have to pose your figure? If not, then 12" is for you and not 1/4.

12".... accessories and poseability.

For things that just sit there, I have my lightsabers :p

I think I'd chose the 12" figures. I really like the PF figures but I'm just to fussy when paying such a high price. This was noted when I got my PF Vader and got a replacment (I'm still waiting for him to arrive).

The 12" figures are at a price that I'd be less fussy over.

I'm still going to get a few PF figures but I'm going to be very selective over who I get.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

PsychoCenobite said:
(I'm still waiting for him to arrive).

The 12" figures are at a price that I'd be less fussy over.

I'm still going to get a few PF figures but I'm going to be very selective over who I get.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Sorry to hear he hasn't arrived yet.

As I began collecting in 1/4 im a little on the fence in this debate. My love for the PF and polystone 1/4 grows with the amazing detail on them. I'd agree on the price thing. It is a costly hobby. People should always go for what they can afford (unless your stupid and greedy like me :monkey1 )

I have ordered all the SW and LOTR 12" figures so when they start arriving I will have more of an opinion in regards to preference.

I just cancelled all the other PF Star Wars Exclusives I had on order because of how I felt when I got my Vader. I know I'd be over fussy with them and this will be bad for me and for Sideshow when I want a replacement.

I've got all but one of the 12" Star Wars Exclusives and I'm hoping to get a shipping notice for Luke. But I think I'll be a lot happier with these. Also, size is a problem as Ive run out of room in my bedroom! :sick

I'll collect the 12" figures but will buy the odd PF if I really, really, really want one! :cool:

PsychoCenobite :cool:

Wor-Gar said:
12"

Less pricey, takes up less space...

SO I CAN HAVE MORE

Quality, not quantity is what I'm after.

Not to say the 12"ers aren't quality, but a 1/4 scale PF statue costing
hundreds "should" be of MUCH higher quality than a 12" figure.

JS :)

Well, I voted for 12"ers only because you can do more with them. They are cheaper but they have more variety to them. I don't own any of the PF figs and I have seen them in person several times, which they are extremely detailed but I don't think they are as good as the 1/6th scale figures. Plus there is the room factor. You must have room to collect those bad boys. I respect the PF's but I go with 1/6th.

Man, this is close! My vote put PF one up! I like the PF format even though it hurts the wallet a lot more to buy one. I don't like that the 12" format is limited to human/humanoid type bodies. Plus the lack of exposed joints and all the limitations of the 12" don't exist in the PF format. I guess for me the PF format is just more aesthetically pleasing, the main consideration, since I don't really "play" with the toys.

I'm really pleased with the results! There are different kinds of products for different kinds of collectors, and this shows that Sideshow is working hard to please both sides of the poll.

I hope this thread helps Sideshow realize that the PF and 1/6 lines do not compete with one another.

Oh I thinkthat is pretty clear froma marketing point of view, each line does have a very specific target group, which can sometimes overlap, but is very defined nonetheless.

tomandshell said:
I'm really pleased with the results! There are different kinds of products for different kinds of collectors, and this shows that Sideshow is working hard to please both sides of the poll.

Yup, it shows while we are SW fans we don't all share the same collecting agenda which is why having both lines coming from SS is so great! It allows you if you like one more than the other to do so or if your like me and want both you can do so. What a wonderful world.:peace

jlcmsu said:
Yup, it shows while we are SW fans we don't all share the same collecting agenda which is why having both lines coming from SS is so great! It allows you if you like one more than the other to do so or if your like me and want both you can do so. What a wonderful world.:peace

Ditto...Really shows the plit down the middle of SS collectors...I cant say that Iam surprised that the poll is soo close...

I collect both. IMO, the 12" Luke sculpt is better than the PF Luke sculpt. The PF Han is better than the 12" Han, though. PF and 12" sculpts all vary, but so far 12" is winning in the sculpting dept.

I think the PF would appeal to me more if there were sculpted bodies underneath the clothes.

Back