• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Supes/Zod $220 Combo + More

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DX08 Joker, DX09 Batman, Superman, More

Bump bump stuff sold bump bump

Gentlemen, if I may offer my $0.02 worth:

1) Having bought from HDGuy84 previously, he has delivered on the goods both times, and in great condition. Also, his prices are more than fair, such is a true collector who is just trying to keep the art alive. Therefore, I must say that calling him a scammer will be nothing short of a defamation of character, especially when no transaction actually took place. HDGuy84 really was just not willing to sell to you, and whatever the reasons maybe, it's his perogative. And yes: otwock could use some manners. HDGuy84 has been responsive to your questions, so why would you accuse him of wasting your time?

2) Having lived in Canada for my entire adult life, I can attest to the frustration otwock feels when trying to deal with buying and selling toys and collectibles online. Either sellers don't respond, delay shipment, or skip out altogether. Same goes for buyers who scam the payment, delay payment, or just lowball the crap out of you. There aren't any dedicated Canadian 1/6th scale forums for buying/selling because the market just isn't big (transformers is much bigger). Also, having no access to a US Postal Outlet (since otwock is in Mississauga, which is a long ways away from the nearest US border entry, not to mention a Postal outlet), eBay is not an option since so many sellers don't ship overseas, and those that do often are pricey (especially with USD so high). So, he might have to contend with limited sellers, and from experience, there are some that try to play games.

All in all: this forum is for collectors who want to buy and sell, and just keep the art going. Yes, there are some sellers here that aren't very responsible (i.e. do not respond, skip out on fulfilling their end of the deal, etc), but HDGuy84, in my dealings with him, definitely isn't one of them. Otwock, on the other hand, has his reasons to be frustrated.

So, let's do this: the Hawkeye is spilt milk under the bridge, so no point arguing over that anymore. However, OTWOCK, you can try looking on kijiji.ca, and search Canada wide. I have been able to pick up quite a few figures at decent prices from other sellers, and many of them reside in your area (so no need to ship or paypal invoice). I got my AOU Hawkeye for 250CAD from a seller, and I remember seeing a few recently around that price. Cash is king, so if it's a cash deal they might budge on price.

So sorry for the long post, but I want to clear the air on this, so everyone can move on. We're all here to find new joys to add to our collection, so let's not ruin it for ourselves.

Thank you very much, and y'all have a good night!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

It takes alot to stay mature and not become a cynic after being burned. That I commend; however, not everyone has that capacity. Besides, it's better not to hold grudges and move on.

I probably wouldn't sell to or buy from anyone that is being pissy at me, regardless of price. I always think good manners can accomplish a lot more, and gives you more sway to setting the terms to a deal that's beneficial to both parties. But, I guess sometimes things just don't work out.

It takes alot to stay mature and not become a cynic after being burned. That I commend; however, not everyone has that capacity. Besides, it's better not to hold grudges and move on.

I probably wouldn't sell to or buy from anyone that is being pissy at me, regardless of price. I always think good manners can accomplish a lot more, and gives you more sway to setting the terms to a deal that's beneficial to both parties. But, I guess sometimes things just don't work out.

Never had any adverse issue with you my friend. You're a gent!

Re: Mandarin, Superman, Zod

Otwock, I've sent you the link of a Kijiji listing for Hawkeye. Go contact the seller, and remember: try to be nice, ok?

Alright gentlemen, I'm afraid that's all the time I have today. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Re: Zod, Superman, Iron Patriot, Mandarin- Combo Deal

bump and... well, bump

Back