Supernatural Discussion Spoilers and Stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait... Arrow followed by Supernatural. :rock Brings back memories of the good ol' days when it was Smallville and Supernatural back-to-back on Wednesday nights.

From E! Online, here's a highlight summary from the SDCC panel:

Supernatural

The Boys: "The relationships that they made and their time off from each other will be very important in each of their lives, and they will have to come to terms with the new relationship in each of their lives," new showrunner Jeremy Carver said. "[Dean's] return from purgatory is going to come quite quickly," consulting producer Ben Edlund previews, adding that his time in purgatory will be revealed during flashbacks over the course of the season.

The Chase: "I can't go into it too much but suffice to say that in a lot of season's past the boys have been reacting to something, but this year, they're starting on offense. [They're chasing] something near and dear to their hearts," Carver teased. Edlund then revealed that the boys are involved in a "chase for a power source that we've already seen hints of."

Love, Love, Love: "Sam is totally getting some action this season," star Jared Padalecki said. As for Dean, well, Jensen Ackles insisted that the only real romance in his character's life is the Impala. And now we're jealous of a car.

Return of Castiel?: Misha Collins didn't say a word about the angel's return in season eight, but he does a have theory about where he went in last season's finale. "He went out for beer, and he'll be back shortly," he quips.

I just got done watching the panel and while Dean's return from Purgatory occurs relatively early in Season 8, the writers plan on showing flashbacks of what happened there and will scatter those throughout the season.

I'm ready for Season 8 already!

I totally forgot about the Supernatural Panel, too busy with a bunch of other shows.

I'm glad they're doing the purgatory in flashbacks actually, because I didn't really want half a season with Dean and Sam separated and going through all the drama in trying to get Dean and Cas out.

Nice to hear Sam may actually get a new relationship, it's been along time coming for him.

I'll be somewhat sad if they don't bring his character back for the finale, somehow someway.

He was at SDCC and had mentioned to Jim Beaver he would make an appearance at the panel should his work schedule permit, but he was forced to fly out that day.

What is Jeffrey Dean Morgan doing now that would make him too expensive for Supernatural? I haven't really been following his career so I have no idea what he's up too, haven't seen him since Grey's Anatomy.

I'd definitely like to see John back at some point or another. As for the "for the finale" part, hopefully, that isn't for a while. The fact that they escaped from the clutches of the Friday death slot seems pretty positive, and I think that Jared Padelecki confirmed that the move to Wednesday was a "good sign" during the SDCC panel.

I am, SO behind.

I was watching Supo on tv-links, got upto the mid season just when bobby got popped by the leviathans. Funny thing is, the UK used to have ITV showing supernatural, then it went to ITV-2 until about season 5, then it went to Sky Living. But season 7 hasnt even started here in the UK, I dont think they are even going to show it, just put it on on DVD volumes 1 and 2 like the rest.

Got to admit, I think the first and second seasons are the best; I prefered the monster of the week, much more classic rock, the 'theres only demons' kind of thing.

I always saw hunters as the angels. They were the dark angels fighting evil, never being thanked or anything, going up and down their countries warding off evil, dying, and hardly anybody knowing about what goes bump in the night. I loved how the first two seasons, it felt like that could happen next door; be it Bloody mary, Hookman, Scarecrow, white lady..... they were just so much better stories than these long arching Leviathan, Angels, gods and all that.

I always liked to think that, Heaven was when you die and leave the earth; hell was being alive.

It's time to bring this thread back from the dead.

Season premiere less than 24 hours away.

Definitely looking forward to what this season has in store. It's been much too long!

I forgot its WED now - awesome....and here I was thinking Fri

As for Jeffrey Dean Morgan, would love to see him back, but the dude seems pretty busy with his movies and various tv spots

I haven't read much about the new season at all. All I know is there's another 1 year gap since the finale last season. So I guess we'll get some flashbacks to what happened during Dean and Castiel's time in Purgatory.

Yeah that time is gonna be flashback style - I have a lot of hope for this new season. Heard Sam gets a love interest? Cool - its good this late in the game to introduce some new blood.

I haven't read much about the new season at all. All I know is there's another 1 year gap since the finale last season. So I guess we'll get some flashbacks to what happened during Dean and Castiel's time in Purgatory.

Pretty much. It looks like we'll be getting a lot of flashbacks. I'm looking forward to Cas' story in all of this. I know he'll be appearing in four of the first eight episodes. And from there, it's a little unclear. I read in a recent interview that said we're going to see Cas' character and personality evolve back to what it was in S5, so I'm all for that. If (or when) his character does get written out completely, I'm hoping he goes out on top.

As for the Bros., I'm looking forward to seeing Dean's journey from Purgatory play out. It's kind of got me reminiscent of the S4, but obviously more emphasis on the journey rather than just a plain ol' 'poof' - I'm back.

I'm looking forward to a post-premiere 'after party' in this thread, once it airs, so everyone be sure to chime in!

The Brothers are back!

I think I said the same thing last season, but this time I REALLY mean it. :lol Seriously though, loved it from beginning to end. This season already has a Season 2-3ish vibe, reviving the whole 'closing the gates of Hell' idea.

Dean - Awesome as always. And stepping it up a notch on the maturity scale, since the visit to Purgatory. Great idea. I like the idea of a 'act first, ask later' Dean, which is where I'm hoping this goes.

Sam - I don't really see much of a change with him, other than the fact that his yearn for a female relationship is stronger than ever. I'm open to it, but I'll admit that I'm weary. I'm all for keeping the show to its core characters and the occasional side player here and there. They're hunters and I don't think the relationship will last past this season, BUT who knows. And for that matter, I may be all for it by season's end. Bottom line: I hope he gets his head in the game soon.

Crowley - He's back. He's got an agenda and I love it. No more bowing down to a Leviathan. I'm hoping he rules the 'roost' as the 'Big Bad' this season. He deserves it. Too much potential.

The Word of God - GREAT story arc and I hope it lasts all season. I think it'll bring this show back to a 'Heaven vs Hell' aspect that I arguably love most. The Leviathans were great, but I think S7 failed to tap into their potential and it's time to move on.

Cas - Oh Cas, where art thou? We should see a flashback of him within the next few episodes, so bring it. Whatever happens to him, I hope we see him back to where he was in S4/S5. I want to him as 'the angel of God.' Not a rogue angel or power-hungry one.

Kev - I like this guy. Lots of potential and I'm glad to see that of everything they carried over from S7, it's him. He meshes well with the Bros. and I'd like to see him around for a good while, possibly filling in somewhat of a void that Bobby left behind.

Benny - I have to admit. I like him/it. Dean will find himself in 'hot water' over this guy I'm sure though. It's only a matter of time. I'm curious though who strikes first, Dean or Benny. At end of the day, it goes against everything Dean believes in, so I'm sure he won't hesitate to severe the tie, if and when the time calls for it. (And I'm sure, it'll be sooner rather than later.)

Overall thoughts - Is it next week yet? And....Metallicar FTW! :rock

Back