Superman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman PF: Classic or nuDC

• Total voters
Re: Superman

Realism is one thing. There is still a selectivity involved in the creative process that would not exist in a photographic method that sought to faithfully document a visually tangible subject.

A mugshot is as realistic a studio portrait shot, but only one is photographic art.

Depends on who's in the mugshot. :lol

I hope Superman lives up to the high paint standards we've come to expect from SSC.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rotfl

lazy-eye.jpg

Presumptuous much?

I don't see it because I think his face is too weak to portray Kal-El.

I think he'll wind up pulling a Toby Maguire. We'll all think he's miscast in the role and then when we see it, he'll pull it off. Back in the day, believe it or not, people felt the same about Reeve. :huh

Jon Hamm needs a better agent, as he really should be playing Superman...just my $0.02. I haven't watched Mad Men, but the other projects that I have seen him in, he's been fun to watch.

I hope that a Superman statue (PF or otherwise) has the Frank Quitely look. I think his style is a little too "off" for the Premium Format line, as they typically go with the most iconic look for a character, but I would love to see Batman and Superman in the Frank Quitely style sometime soon!

Sad fact is, Jon Hamm is over 40 (just) and no way will current Hollywood try to re-launch a franchise with a guy in his 40's who isn't already a proven and bankable movie star (if he was things might be different). Hence we get 28 year old Henry Cavill instead, who will hopefully turn out to be a good choice regardless.

Such are the ways of hollywood.

Sad fact is, Jon Hamm is over 40 (just) and no way will current Hollywood try to re-launch a franchise with a guy in his 40's who isn't already a proven and bankable movie star (if he was things might be different). Hence we get 28 year old Henry Cavill instead, who will hopefully turn out to be a good choice regardless.

Such are the ways of hollywood.

Robert Downey Jr. was a "bankable star" before Iron Man?

Back