Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any problem with SS putting out a statue that mirrors how she currently looks in the comics. My beef is really with how the comics are portraying her. I feel like they're altering her appearance to appeal to an adult male audience at the expense of a character that's been portrayed as innocent and girl-next-door for decades.
I get what you're saying but you also have to think about the times. Honestly my favorite Supergirl take is the JLU version, but hey we're all different.

cbd69dae9b119d18ff12de6237fd5b09.jpg

Lol. Adults males might not be the target audience.

I guess, but they can make it more compelling and story driven without shortening her skirt too. Hell the Flash is doing a pretty good job with it's female characters without over sexualization. Hell even Daredevil which is meant for Adults gave Elektra a decent costume and that still looks awesome.

I find this a little Ironic since the last DC villains to come out have been male. Sinestro, Darkseid and Lex Luthor.

I think this is just an attempt to give Superman a little of his family considering Batman has so many villains/family members out.

I was referring to Batman villains (I know, I know, this is about Supergirl) There are a number of statutes from Batman but that's becasue there are so many variation of the same characters. All up they have only done 6 Batman characters and how many years have they been doing the DC line now? The only male villain we have is Joker.

I was referring to Batman villains (I know, I know, this is about Supergirl) There are a number of statutes from Batman but that's becasue there are so many variation of the same characters. All up they have only done 6 Batman characters and how many years have they been doing the DC line now? The only male villain we have is Joker.
Okay but look at the comic based DC line in total. Putting the female second tier characters may just be a way of evening out the distribution of characters.

When you look at it that way we have 14 male characters including double(and triple in the case of batman) dips and 10 female characters including double dips.

This line is 5 years in so I'd imagine more Batvillains are on the way, Igo did tease Bane not so long ago.

That's what annoys me with SS. Yes, we all understand that sex sells but it's not the only way to sell. So many great male villians they could have done. Yet they seem to concentrate on busty, scanty clad women. That's why I've turned my eye to Prime 1 and have a few of their statues on order.

I'm ok with sexy women the way they are drawn in comic now is fine with me. :wave

I know a number of comic collectors who enjoy watching Supergirl with their kids. It clearly has an audience, as it was just renewed.

I tried watching it with my daughter and was really glad when she turned to me and said, "why are we watching this all the time? It's stupid. And why does she always bend her knee when she flies?" Thank god for that cause i seriously couldn't take much more of that horrid show.

I tried watching it with my daughter and was really glad when she turned to me and said, "why are we watching this all the time? It's stupid. And why does she always bend her knee when she flies?" Thank god for that cause i seriously couldn't take much more of that horrid show.

I love the show. Hope it will last many seasons.

I enjoy the Supergirl show as well and my daughters absolutely love it. As an aside, they like the TV show costume as it is but have said they would like her just the same if she wore the costume that has been portrayed by this statue...it doesn't matter what costume she wears and this one is definitely not too revealing by today's standards, in their opinion.

As for this statue, the body looks fine, although maybe a little bit too developed for Supergirl. They may fix the face on this, just as they fixed the face on the Power Girl. Am I going to get this one? No, I am not. That is saying a lot considering how much the girls and I love the character. A simple COH is all that it would have taken... :(

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. So here’s mine:

SUPERGIRL is a charming TV series that seems to specialize in compelling, heartfelt scenarios. One week Kara is facing a love-hate relationship with a relative gone bad, the next she’s watching a victimized “evil” doppelganger with inherent decency expire before her eyes. Pass the hankies, please!

That's the reason 97% of professional critics have given this show an enthusiastic thumbs up, and why it’s earned such a loyal following. Actress Melissa Benoist manages to make what could have been a bland do-gooder into a real and relatable person, hitting more emotional highs and lows in a mere dozen or so episodes than DC Comics has in over 50 years of storytelling. It’s relatively easy for an actress to play tainted, cynical badass heroines because they are superficially cool and push obvious buttons; making a “nice girl” interesting is a lot more challenging and refreshingly different.

Even the choice of Supergirl’s costume design is intelligent, as it embraces the traditional skirt and Mike Sekowsky era-inspired knee boots, rather than going for a bare midriff look, which often plays as needlessly sexist and exploitive.

Berlanti’s SG is way smarter than that, exploring the importance of family, friends and the nature of heroism itself via believable conflicts and remarkable, consistent sensitivity. Never rising above “meh” in the creative medium she was created for, Supergirl soars in this new television incarnation, finally coming into her own as a genuine flesh-and-blood character with feelings so palpable they practically spill out of the screen.

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion. So here’s mine:

SUPERGIRL is a charming TV series that seems to specialize in compelling, heartfelt scenarios. One week Kara is facing a love-hate relationship with a relative gone bad, the next she’s watching a victimized “evil” doppelganger with inherent decency expire before her eyes. Pass the hankies, please!

That's the reason 97% of professional critics have given this show an enthusiastic thumbs up, and why it’s earned such a loyal following. Actress Melissa Benoist manages to make what could have been a bland do-gooder into a real and relatable person, hitting more emotional highs and lows in a mere dozen or so episodes than DC Comics has in over 50 years of storytelling. It’s relatively easy for an actress to play tainted, cynical badass heroines because they are superficially cool and push obvious buttons; making a “nice girl” interesting is a lot more challenging and refreshingly different.

Even the choice of Supergirl’s costume design is intelligent, as it embraces the traditional skirt and Mike Sekowsky era-inspired knee boots, rather than going for a bare midriff look, which often plays as needlessly sexist and exploitive.

Berlanti’s SG is way smarter than that, exploring the importance of family, friends and the nature of heroism itself via believable conflicts and remarkable, consistent sensitivity. Never rising above “meh” in the creative medium she was created for, Supergirl soars in this new television incarnation, finally coming into her own as a genuine flesh-and-blood character with feelings so palpable they practically spill out of the screen.

Great review that's why I like it along with the on and off villians in the show as well. So glad it's going for season 2. Was worried it might not make it that far.

CBS is a tough venue for a CW-style series of this kind, although being on a major network does allow for a higher budget. Fortunately, the execs were always huge supporters of the show, so there was much goodwill. BTW, I'm sure everyone knows about the official statue of Benoist's SG that's available for pre-order. The standard-issue photo of that item is all over the place, but here's a pic of one on display at Toy Fair:
Toy-Fair-DC-Collectibles-042-768x1024.jpg:

CBS is a tough venue for a CW-style series of this kind, although being on a major network does allow for a higher budget. Fortunately, the execs were always huge supporters of the show, so there was much goodwill. BTW, I'm sure everyone knows about the official statue of Benoist's SG that's available for pre-order. The standard-issue photo of that item is all over the place, but here's a pic of one on display at Toy Fair:
View attachment 252272:

Depending on the finished product, I may get this one.

Back