Supergirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..but then you have to worry about quality control.. while the few pieces I've purchased off eBay never had any, lately with SS it seems something seems to go wrong.. I rather have the opportunity to have SS correct it.. something goes wrong on eBay, who knows what will happen. Plus if you grab her with a discount code (which it seems they're not doing anymore) plus SS reward points.. it's not a bad deal. I was lucky to get her with a 10% code.

..but then you have to worry about quality control.. while the few pieces I've purchased off eBay never had any, lately with SS it seems something seems to go wrong.. I rather have the opportunity to have SS correct it.. something goes wrong on eBay, who knows what will happen. Plus if you grab her with a discount code (which it seems they're not doing anymore) plus SS reward points.. it's not a bad deal. I was lucky to get her with a 10% code.

You can buy used so you can see pictures of the statue, or sometimes the sellers will open the box up and take pictures for you... I personally would never buy a sealed SS statue on Ebay, if you get a bad one it will be a headache to fix it.

Besides with used statues you get a better deal on price plus odds are it was only displayed for a short while.

Prices are getting so expensive buying direct that your almost better off buying used from people who need to sell for money or those who change the direction of their collection and no longer need the character. It's not like a used statue gets wear and tear from just being displayed. Well unless they're displaying it outside in the sun :)

You can buy used so you can see pictures of the statue, or sometimes the sellers will open the box up and take pictures for you... I personally would never buy a sealed SS statue on Ebay, if you get a bad one it will be a headache to fix it.

Besides with used statues you get a better deal on price plus odds are it was only displayed for a short while.

Prices are getting so expensive buying direct that your almost better off buying used from people who need to sell for money or those who change the direction of their collection and no longer need the character. It's not like a used statue gets wear and tear from just being displayed. Well unless they're displaying it outside in the sun :)

Agree with never buying sealed figures. If a seller refuses to open and inspect, I always pass. Hate when sellers act like it will be devalued if opened.

New to premium format figures, what do you mean? Thanks Mr Green.

Emma Frost PF was made somewhat true to the comics but it looks really cartoony. A lot of collectors didn't like or buy it. Or maybe SSC produced a lot of ES. Everything is perfect except the face. This Supergirl seem to be the same.

7214_press01-001.jpg

latest

i just received my 14 day notice too

not sure whether to cancel it or not - bought it on a bit of an impulse but there seems to be a lot of criticism about this figure.

what should i do guys ?

PS: im not too fussed about losing the $42 deposit if necessary

Personally I'm excited for this.. people complain about the face and smile but I think she's pretty. I had the chance to see her in person and thought the statue looked great.

Back