1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! That looks awesome. Makes me kind of sad that's not what we're getting.:lol

Yet again, that one, small change makes it look infinitely better.

You're welcome! And I agree. :lol I really like the figure overall, and have pre-ordered it, but I may try to find someone to remove the tats for me.

I'm one of those people that wasn't too bothered by the grille, and I actually liked the theory I saw going around that he had it because Batman knocked his teeth out. The tats were my big issue. I think the biggest part of it is that this version of the character was so close. Look at that last EW cover and compare it to the Alex Ross image of Joker and Harley; it's pretty much perfect, but that stupid "damaged" tattoo throws the whole thing off.

I'm one of those people that wasn't too bothered by the grille, and I actually liked the theory I saw going around that he had it because Batman knocked his teeth out. The tats were my big issue. I think the biggest part of it is that this version of the character was so close. Look at that last EW cover and compare it to the Alex Ross image of Joker and Harley; it's pretty much perfect, but that stupid "damaged" tattoo throws the whole thing off.

:goodpost:

I'm not a huge fan of the grille myself, but it's hardly noticeable on the figure, and the Batman knocking out the teeth theory lends credence as to why his teeth are like that. I can live with them. I can even live with all the other tats. It's, like you said, that "Damaged" one that throws off everything. It kills the look to an otherwise excellent looking Joker, in my opinion. I was pretty happy when Leto was cast, I believe he can do an excellent portrayal of the character, I really do. But when I saw that first photo of him, I was incredibly let down. Granted, Leto will probably still do a great job and maybe I'll love his Joker, but damn if I can't get past that tattoo no matter how hard I try to ignore it.

Don't the Toy Fair Exclusives usually come out pretty fast?
Yeah they usually get them out pretty fast. Seems like September or October is about when they arrive.

I took the plunge on this. Had some rewards points that I used to knock the price down a bit and decided that I like this Arkham look so I'll give it a chance.

I definitely want a Leto Joker in my collection but as good as this figure is looking this is not the version for me.

Will wait for another HT Joker release.

:goodpost:

I'm not a huge fan of the grille myself, but it's hardly noticeable on the figure, and the Batman knocking out the teeth theory lends credence as to why his teeth are like that. I can live with them. I can even live with all the other tats. It's, like you said, that "Damaged" one that throws off everything. It kills the look to an otherwise excellent looking Joker, in my opinion. I was pretty happy when Leto was cast, I believe he can do an excellent portrayal of the character, I really do. But when I saw that first photo of him, I was incredibly let down. Granted, Leto will probably still do a great job and maybe I'll love his Joker, but damn if I can't get past that tattoo no matter how hard I try to ignore it.

It's kind of a shame Batman gave up on his whole burning thing, I'd probably rather he have a giant Batsymbol seared into his forehead than that ink.:lol

It's kind of a shame Batman gave up on his whole burning thing, I'd probably rather he have a giant Batsymbol seared into his forehead than that ink.:lol

Agreed. :lol

Last edited:
I'm kind of waiting to see if I like the movie before making any rash impulse buys, but, if I like it, and him, this might be tied with the black and white tux as my favorite look.

I wonder if we'll see Hot Toys going "Joker-crazy" and releasing multiple redos and new sculpts, etc. etc.

I'm kind of waiting to see if I like the movie before making any rash impulse buys, but, if I like it, and him, this might be tied with the black and white tux as my favorite look.
That was my plan but on a late night impulse I threw it in my cart and ordered it last night. The one thing I figured is that with this being an exclusive of a popular character if I really dislike the film I should be able to flip it fairly easily. If not I'll keep the outfit and diorama for a custom or something.

I wonder if we'll see Hot Toys going "Joker-crazy" and releasing multiple redos and new sculpts, etc. etc.
It's possible :lol
They'll do at least one more, but theres the tuxedo, Purple coat, red shirt and I'm kinda hoping you can remove the jacket on this one to get the topless version but if not they might do that in another version and include the electric prongs

Like this one https://www.udslife.com/media/catal...icide_squad_joker_clown_jared_leto_poster.jpg It's got the shirtless look if you take off the jacket, and the prongs thingys might be included with that version

That was my plan but on a late night impulse I threw it in my cart and ordered it last night. The one thing I figured is that with this being an exclusive of a popular character if I really dislike the film I should be able to flip it fairly easily. If not I'll keep the outfit and diorama for a custom or something.

I impulse bought it too :lol but I liked it at first glance, still like it and will like the look regardless of the movie

If the movie is a hit and Leto goes over big I predict FOUR versions including this. It's Hot Toys. Good thing J. Depp isn't playing the Joker- we'd get 15 versions...:lol

What? Using your brains to make purchases? You need to be shunned by the collecting community! :lol

Back