1/6 Suicide Squad - 1/6th scale The Joker (Arkham Asylum Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DQ0blCU.jpg
AAJoker.jpg
AAJoker0.jpg

That's what I call a great 1st post. :clap

That does look great, especially with that electric green hair look. I'm still on the fence about this. I went ahead and ordered a tattoo decal kit, but I don't know if I'll use it on this one or a later release. This look only interests me if I can get the escape look, which I can with the tattoo kit. The tux look only interests me if we also get a classic costume Harley. I'm definitely in for the purple coat and the silver jacket figures. How many Leto Jokers do I need? This is some serious, existential stuff I'm dealing with.

FYI, another seller has a knock off. The hs can be bought for $30. The whole figure for $89. ETA end of January. Already preordered from this seller as I've dealt him many times and he is trustworthy.

I won't post his name 'cause, you know, my message would vanish as quickly as I'm writing (I can already feel the hounds of DD breathing on my neck) but, clues: EBay is your friend and this guy could have painted the Mona Lisa... :wink1:

FYI, another seller has a knock off. The hs can be bought for $30. The whole figure for $89. ETA end of January. Already preordered from this seller as I've dealt him many times and he is trustworthy.

I won't post his name 'cause, you know, my message would vanish as quickly as I'm writing (I can already feel the hounds of DD breathing on my neck) but, clues: EBay is your friend and this guy could have painted the Mona Lisa... :wink1:
Is licensing the main reason this 3rd party company is able to produce a figure that looks best identical to the ht for a fraction of the cost?

Licensing, profiteering....

You know, the price of this stuff is entirely artificial.

One day, those guys met and saw that there were enough *******s to pay high prices for plastic turds. So the guys in licensing said:" let's see how more we can pressure them!" And increased their licensing fees.

Then the guys, back at HT realized they were sitting in front of a world of morons and said: "that can't be that simple, can it? T make money, you just have to increase prices, and those collector jerks are soooooo devoted to their stupid little dolls they'll follow like lemmings! Let's see how far we can go until they break!"

And of course, they were right!

Prices have increased far beyond any reason (there used to be the grounded ergument:"that's because of gas, man," but that fantasy isn't even mentioned anymore), and we still fall for it! Pretty soon, the whole business followed and even amateur prices skyrocketed too ("that's because the price of gas made the price of paint thinner increase so much that even amateur painters... Uuuh? What? No? Damn they got me here too!)

Morality? So long as there'll be some golden geese to pluck, we'll pay stupid prices. This, here, is a proof.

One day, those guys met and saw that there were enough *******s to pay high prices for plastic turds. So the guys in licensing said:" let's see how more we can pressure them!" And increased their licensing fees.

Then the guys, back at HT realized they were sitting in front of a world of morons and said: "that can't be that simple, can it? T make money, you just have to increase prices, and those collector jerks are soooooo devoted to their stupid little dolls they'll follow like lemmings! Let's see how far we can go until they break!"

Prices have increased far beyond any reason (there used to be the grounded ergument:"that's because of gas, man," but that fantasy isn't even mentioned anymore), and we still fall for it! Pretty soon, the whole business followed and even amateur prices skyrocketed too ("that's because the price of gas made the price of paint thinner increase so much that even amateur painters... Uuuh? What? No? Damn they got me here too!)

Morality? So long as there'll be some golden geese to pluck, we'll pay stupid prices. This, here, is a proof.

This is the most ignorant simplification of art, licensing and production that I think I have ever seen.

I just saw the custom ones. They look terrible.....no wonder they are cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They're not art! They're plastic dolls!

And your post just justify everything I said. You prove that we are ready to pay always more for anything so long as we can find the right justification. We deserve those prices!

Whilst I would definitely buy hot toys if they were the price of that bootleg, part of the reason its that price because the painting techniques they usually use are more akin to printing via machine. You can see this if you magnify or just look closely at one of the heads in person. Hot Toys employs individual artists which may up the cost. Add in the fact that theyre mass produced, meaning there are worker costs, facility costs (as opposed to the bootleg which is likely in comparison a smaller run), marketing costs, licensing, which is actually really expensive; and the prices make a bit more sense. I won't disagree that theyre not inflated a lot, but there are always reasons

They're not art! They're plastic dolls!

And your post just justify everything I said. You prove that we are ready to pay always more for anything so long as we can find the right justification. We deserve those prices!

I have no idea what you do for a living, but I can guarantee that it is in no way related to any creative field.

You know, they're not professionally photographed, but I bet they were done by the same guys and probably in the same factory.
Same factory? The one I saw is from Alabama, not China. I'm not sure we got the same bootleg but that's the only one I saw on eBay.

Ok **16k**. That one isn't bad. I'll buy that one over the official one.

Context: just saw the one **16k** was talking about, I'd buy that one over the officially licensed one.

Back