Suggestions for connecting a custom sculpt to a short true type neck

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chew74

Super Freak
Reaction score
Suggestions for connecting a custom sculpt to a short true type neck.

Should I use some sort of putty or molding material. I need it to stay pretty firm and I don't think just glue will cut it.

Thanks!

You can use anything from crazy glue to hot glue,if you don't want the head to be removable. I use hot glue for all my customs.

I'm just not sure glue is the way I want to go. I mean I really want it to be hidden pretty well, I'm not sure glue will do that that well.

There's epoxy putty. I haven't used it in years but, as I remember, once it hardens it's pretty much in place.

I'm just not sure glue is the way I want to go. I mean I really want it to be hidden pretty well, I'm not sure glue will do that that well.

Not sure what you mean. I've used gorilla glue and that works just fine. Or you could use steel putty, or sculpty. If you don't want there to be a seam in between the head and the neck adapter then you need to use some sculpty to smooth over the seam. But if you make a tight enough seal the agent you use shouldn't be apparent.

the green stuff (kneadadite) is perfect for this sort of application.

If you are planning on sealing the seam, you will lose head articulation unless of course you fill the gap, THEN put the head on....

If you are planning on sealing the seam, you will lose head articulation unless of course you fill the gap, THEN put the head on....

How would you lose articulation if you were to glue the head to the small neck adaptor?

How would you lose articulation if you were to glue the head to the small neck adaptor?

l think he means the swivel movement that allows the head to swivel on the neck adaptor

Since one can gain the same type of movement with the actual adaptor movin about on the neck connector, the swivel movement between the HS and neck adaptor is redundant

Yeah I think anything that holds fast and withstand moving the head a bit on the HT ball joint should be fine.

Thanks, a lot of good suggestions.

Back