Sturtrup Custom Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom Vader

I think the only improvement that could be made would be a hurricane mask, but even as it is it looks great!

Looks fantastic. Superb job.

Thanks Chakaman, you know that your opinion is very important to me. Honored!

That he's not for sale :wink1:

Maybe the chest armor might be a different shade of color? Sorry not sure must look @ reference pictures.

Honestly it looks great!

Thanks Sir! :eek: I'm working on the chest armor. I love the darker look but now it's a littlo too glossy in some parts. I have also to reshape the central part.

I think the only improvement that could be made would be a hurricane mask, but even as it is it looks great!

Thanks Dr. Odd you centered the sign! I'm waiting for the mask and I've already done a preview!! Hurricane don't forget my dream! :pray:

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 214

Nice work!

Thanks iPhone!

easily my favorite ANH vaders i have seen! you nailed his presence man :yess:

It's a great thing to know that someone in Michigan, at about 7.500 km (4600 miles) from my home, considers my custom vader his favourite ANH vader. I've put time on him (not a lot, but time) and my final goal it's to catch the essence of darth vader. Every minor detail is important but I think that it have to seem vader from a long distance before to seem vader for the perfect detailing. So, and sorry for my english, the primary objective in my work (or play) on him is to find the overall look, his profile, his outline. Then, I thinks will become easy add a lot of minor detail to improve the screen accuracy.
So, thanks for your kind words drjedisith. :eek:

Thanks iPhone!

It's a great thing to know that someone in Michigan, at about 7.500 km (4600 miles) from my home, considers my custom vader his favourite ANH vader. I've put time on him (not a lot, but time) and my final goal it's to catch the essence of darth vader. Every minor detail is important but I think that it have to seem vader from a long distance before to seem vader for the perfect detailing. So, and sorry for my english, the primary objective in my work (or play) on him is to find the overall look, his profile, his outline. Then, I thinks will become easy add a lot of minor detail to improve the screen accuracy.
So, thanks for your kind words drjedisith. :eek:

youre very welcome brother! you definately accomplished your goals. too many ANH custom vaders use a huge broad shouldered body. i like to call the ANH vaders shape "A" shaped. thats such a different look compared to empire, and jedi. i made mine the same. narrow sloped shoulders :wink1:

youre very welcome brother! you definately accomplished your goals. too many ANH custom vaders use a huge broad shouldered body. i like to call the ANH vaders shape "A" shaped. thats such a different look compared to empire, and jedi. i made mine the same. narrow sloped shoulders :wink1:

I have the suspect that your vader gave me a lot of inspiration! Is this your vader?

Attachments

• 20130608151259.jpg
    20130608151259.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 149

Sturtrup,

It's an excellent rendition of ANH Vader indeed. If you could post more pics/poses that would be awesome please. I have to read your first message regarding the parts used.

Thanks Sturtrup, but ummm I won't mention the poor vintage Vader fig in the right corner..............:thud:

:wink1:

He is the first step... I was a child! A little child!

Sturtrup,

It's an excellent rendition of ANH Vader indeed. If you could post more pics/poses that would be awesome please. I have to read your first message regarding the parts used.

My fantasy in the pose is dedicated to other things, but if you show me some reference pics I can try to replicate the pose and show you the pics!

lol awesome! yep,this is my vader. you didnt suspect..you used the force :vader

:wink1: hem, yes, but don't tell about it... :lol

Some month ago I was searching on google images some inspiration for the improvements on my vader. I searched for some generic custom anh 1/6 vader. A lot of results, a lot of interesting Vader, some of them already known, other never seen. And... Bang!! :yess: I've seen your Vader. That shoulder, that chest armor, that right proportion! Awesome! I've imediately searched for a talking hasbro vader on ebay. That chest armor with a lot of work (i've mixed it with the ultimate villain one) gave me the force to complete (even if it is a forever wip) my Vader!
And here we are... I'd love to see some recent picture of your Vader! :rock

well, i think yours is better! i always wanted to tweak mine a bit and never got to it. ill get a pic up for you. its still in the same pose lol i got mine from jedijim. he modified the ss body and added the hasbro helmet. i put the hasbro chest armor, took off the shoulder bells, added tony meis cape and inner tunic. but i love the arms and torso on yours. looks very natural. and of course the added widows peak you added.:clap

He is the first step... I was a child! A little child!

My fantasy in the pose is dedicated to other things, but if you show me some reference pics I can try to replicate the pose and show you the pics!

Good question I will have to google. Thanks.

Some news, will post some better pics and poses in the next days, hope you enjoy. (Thanks Matt!)

Attachments

• vadersturtrup2016.jpg
    vadersturtrup2016.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 196

Some news, Mr H helmet. Next step ... repaint the chest armour.

Attachments

• DSCF5858.jpg
    DSCF5858.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCF5854.jpg
    DSCF5854.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 149
Back