STORM TOYS - Michael Jordan & Backboard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man, I am just saying that for ME it doesn't make any sense :dunno... if for you, spending almost 400 bucks for an unlicensed mass produced (even in such a low run) is fine then more power to you. Specially if there's an official product that so far looks much better!
Now any of those customizer runs are less than 30-40 units, so your point is moot.

AGAIN, learn to read... I said I DON'T GET IT... and apparently you don't get what I am saying... :lol
Anyway, I'm just responding because you are indeed combative, and want me to somehow accept your point so you feel better about yourself... sorry.. not going to happen! Enjoy your overpriced knock-off :wave

Specially if there's an official product that so far looks much better!
Although the later Storm Toys sample pics look more and more like the Enterbay MJ. I suspect that they waited until Enterbay released there sculpt to partly copy it....

AGAIN, learn to read... I said I DON'T GET IT... and apparently you don't get what I am saying... :lol
I can read, did read, & understood what you were saying.

You don't get why this figure costs more than a licensed EB figure.
Hey man, I am just saying that for ME it doesn't make any sense :dunno.
Maybe you should learn to read .....

Ebor brought up some good points.

Or are you saying it doesn't make sense to you, & you don't want it to?
if for you, spending almost 400 bucks for an unlicensed mass produced (even in such a low run) is fine then more power to you. Specially if there's an official product that so far looks much better!
Maybe the EB looks much better to you, not me. I don't know which one I like better yet.
Now any of those customizer runs are less than 30-40 units, so your point is moot.
If you want to focus on the topic of licensing. Your point is moot.

You giving unlicensed figures, with an edition size of 40 or lower, a pass on crazy premium pricing? I think there have been even larger edition sizes than 40 with at least one of the customisers I mentioned.

When is it okay to price an unlicensed figure at $300+? At an edition size of 10, 20, 50, 100?
Anyway, I'm just responding because you are indeed combative, and want me to somehow accept your point so you feel better about yourself... sorry.. not going to happen! Enjoy your overpriced knock-off :wave
How can you accept my point when you don't know what it is? I feel your actually being combative now, telling me to learn to read, & that I'm trying to force my point, like that's going to somehow make me feel better. What?

& thanks, maybe I will enjoy my figure.

I might be with Kuzeh on this one. i read all your guys's arguments, and you guys both brought up some good points Lawrence. We have no source of comparisons yet because all we've seen from the storm toys are pictures. But, from what i understand from Kuzeh, i'm using storm toys's Mike Tyson as an example, they can mark up the price on that because you have nothing to compare it to, i believe that's the only 1/6 scale that a company actually produced. Where as the Jordan line, i feel regardless how rare (250 made from storm toys) the figure is, there is still another alternative AND it's the licensed version (Enterbay's). So I also don't get why storm toy's figure is more expensive than the Enterbay's one, being that it's not licensed. I feel the only the only reason why i would've pulled the trigger on the storm toys Jordan is the fact that it came with 2 headsculpts with a removable tongue. good argument though. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Ridiculously long? We only pre ordered about a month ago :lol

& I think these were planned for a September release.

I'm talking about the WHOLE process. the development and production included. If these things were finished, and from what we saw when we ordered it appeared as if they were, then it shouldn't take a month or more to get orders to people.

I'd imagine the whole process of development & production would take some time for any toy company. Not sure why you think they already have 250 of these made already, after seeing a pic of one proto figure. I like that they only made their pre order available, closer to the time it ships, compared to pre ordering something, then getting it a year or 2 later (I'm looking at you HT Amazing Spiderman).

/

I think there are two arguments going on in here. Whether this figure should be priced the way it is, & why this figure might be priced the way it is. That's 2 different things. I'm participating in the "why" discussion, & others are participating in the "should" discussion.

I never said it should be priced the way it is, I was discussing why it might be priced the way it is.

Seems like I've been put on the "this figure should be $300+" side of the fence, even though I never said that.

Storm Toys is nice if you don't have a warmup suit yet. And it has the pinstripe black jersey.

Would've bought ST's version if I hadn't planned on getting "all" Enterbay ones.

For the Hoop i would suggest you remove the net and take a brush & paint it with glossy orange red to make it look metal. Right now the original rim looks like a toy accessory from Barbie line up.

As for Storm Toys, i'm guessing since they are doing this illegally without license, they want to minimize the risk by profiting as much as they can by selling as little figures as they can instead of mass producing them and selling at lower price, since they can argue it's custom fan project, can't do the same if you are producing 3000 of them right?

But anyone notice people starting to get accustomed to higher pricing? A is selling their item at $300, now if B is selling something similar as A at $250, it's a steal, and if B is selling something like A with extras at $350, it's still a steal, without realizing even at $200 it's still overpriced. Numbers are relative and it's very easy to blind a people into a wrong perception. Doesn't apply to the rich though...

Just got a message from Storm Toys, the release of the MJ has been pushed back to October. At least they're not half-assing the quality of the product.

Email received from Storm Toys:
Please accept our apology of the delay for "The Legend". Due to 2 reasons of the delay on production:
1. The finishing stage of the suits
2. The second stage of color coating
Therefore, the shipping date will now be around early October. We are greatly Appreciated for your wait and Thank you for the support!

Storm Toys

I can wait another month!:yess:

Someone posted that ST was pre-selling the Pippen from their Facebook page? I check daily and didn't see anything.

If redgie didn't post it, I might have thought they didn't know what they were talking about. But since the guy with the best 1/6 NBA display I ever remember seeing posted it, then maybe he does know what he's talking about :lol

Yeah that's what I'm saying :lol Best 1/6 NBA display I remember ever seeing.

I don't know why peeps are pre selling ST Scottie Pippen already, when ST themselves haven't really shown that much of him. But since redgie posted it, then maybe there might be something to it :D

Someone posted that ST was pre-selling the Pippen from their Facebook page? I check daily and didn't see anything.
There was a post around the time the Jordan was for sale that said they would be offering I think 50 Pippen figures for a special preorder for those who bought Jordan. It was sort of vague how you would actually order it though. No idea if they went ahead with it or just decided to wait.

Yeah that's what I'm saying :lol Best 1/6 NBA display I remember ever seeing.

I don't know why peeps are pre selling ST Scottie Pippen already, when ST themselves haven't really shown that much of him. But since redgie posted it, then maybe there might be something to it :D

lol gotcha. i've only seen proto's of the pippen figure, probably will release next year. haha

That looks pretty cool. Thanks for the info & pics redgie :hi5:
There was a post around the time the Jordan was for sale that said they would be offering I think 50 Pippen figures for a special preorder for those who bought Jordan. It was sort of vague how you would actually order it though. No idea if they went ahead with it or just decided to wait.
I think I read something about peeps ordering Jordan would get priority, but I don't remember anything about there only being 50. I guess somebody scooped up a bunch of them before they even gave others a chance.

Yeah it was some small amount would available for order right away and later they would do more.

Back