Storm Collectibles - Mortal Kombat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys think storm collectibles will repaint the new scorpion into other ninjas like the previous one? I like mk3 ninja model than mk1-2 but oddly their previous ninja figure looks better

Do you guys think storm collectibles will repaint the new scorpion into other ninjas like the previous one? I like mk3 ninja model than mk1-2 but oddly their previous ninja figure looks better
I hope so, I want a sub zero like that

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Without question. You don’t develop that ninja body and not do them all. Some like Rain and Noob might be con exclusives again but it’s cost effective figures for them to make. Same reason they were designed for the game. More characters with little extra work.

I got the regular and bloody Baraka in today. I can't believe they didn't use stiff hard plastic for his blades. Both have swerves or bends in them. I mean not huge but there's no reason to use softer plastic on metal blades.

SDCC...

SDCC-2019-Storm-013.jpg
SDCC-2019-Storm-014.jpg
SDCC-2019-Storm-016.jpg
SDCC-2019-Storm-019.jpg
SDCC-2019-Storm-025.jpg
SDCC-2019-Storm-028.jpg
SDCC-2019-Storm-029.jpg

Is it just me, or does Scorpion look way better here than in the early promo shots? Now I'm glad I didn't get the older one. Even though I prefer the MK 1/2 look, the new body being used looks way better... especially the proportions. No more peanut head! Still wanna see if they updated/improved the extra skull mask head though. Now bring on the MK 3 (real) Sub Zero!

And I was originally just going to get one Cyber Ninja (Cyrax) but after seeing that Sektor comes with the ****ing compactor fatality as an accessory?!!! He will be mine.

Yeah...only big Injustice reveals and no MK. Hoped for more MK 1/2 goodness too. Big let down from this company, but to me, that´s what the whole SDCC this year is, I gotta say.

FYI they were selling Scorpion there. I have yet to open mine though. Cool to see the other cyber ninjas but such a small display without many of the characters we saw previously kind of sucks. They had enough room for some more.

Tossed in a preorder for Cyrax. Super pumped for Sektor, but would love for some other characters.

XGKMV4G.jpg

AIguQ9u.jpg

7dpqtQT.jpg

Some quick pics of Scorpion. About on par with the rest of the line. He comes with 3 blood effects, one for the uppercut and 2 for the spear, but I'm sure you could repurpose those. The regular mask on mine has trouble staying in all the way while I'm posing. The spear is soft plastic again. It's got coils so I'm wondering if that will help it from bending over time. The first one's just sloooowly bends down over time if you pose it horizontally, like it should be. I wish it was molded to a hand with hard plastic like Rain's effect.

^Nice! Can we get some pics of the skull mask please?

M5jVAEN.jpg

2PJrI3p.jpg

8NsDEOb.jpg

yMEDG77.jpg

zCbuJz6.jpg

I have the same opinion as when I saw it in the promo pics in that I don't think it works well. It sticks out too much to be the head's skull. They should've done a swappable head or something if they wanted to get it done right. Too smiley I think too.

The masks clip in on the sides with those little tabs, kind of have to push pretty hard to get them all the way in. The regular mask was off the face on mine when I got it, so my head might just have loose holes. The plug in hole of the first ninja mold was easier to get in there, but I did have issues of the sides of the mask sliding off from the edges, so I think they implemented this design to mitigate that problem, so that's good.

There's a slight impression of the skull in the black mouth area beneath the masks.

Does anyone know if Storm Collectibles would still be making figures for MK 11 since Mcfarlane already has the license?

Does anyone know if Storm Collectibles would still be making figures for MK 11 since Mcfarlane already has the license?

I'm doubting it; everything Storm has shown has been from MK1-3. That works for me since that's what I'd prefer. I love the MK figures so far, but I feel that the later MK games have really busy costumes for these figures. Also there'd be practically no re-use right?

anybody who follows this company/line.... should I probably give up hope on this guy?

6rpEV9o.jpg

Well MK3 Scorpion and Cyrax were latest up for preorder and newest they showed at SDCC was Sektor, so I'm figuring there's a good chance. Sub Zero and Scorpion are the games most popular characters, so that helps. I've kind of given up on Liu Kang and others at this rate though.

Back