Statues = Heirloom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will you treat your LOTR collectibles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have a new collectors hobby which is even more expensive then ssw items so i have put my best pieces up for sale,thankfully no one went for the going rate and i still have them.

what i still have when i kick the bucket will be my daughters and i will leave her instuctuctions what things are worth,but hopefully by that time i can take them on the antiques roadshow and an expert will say how rare ssw figures are!!

they will be worth a fortune in the future!

why?

the same reason we started collecting them.love of the film and sculpted by the people who worked on the film,weta themselves no less!!

so if i dont go the easy option and trade in for something else i like then my offspring will reap the benifits.:cool:

myself i'd like to see my kids have them since i know they fancy some of the pieces, my one daughter really likes all the horse rider pieces, while the other digs the horror pieces like daddy rog and the baddy PF.
while my son is more into the marvel end. sadly i think he's getting the more bang for his interest, since 75% on my collection is marvel based.:cool:

but in the end if they don't want them, or can't appreciate them, then they might as well go to someone that will. so when i'm 6 feet under, really i don't give a sht what they do with them.:rolleyes:

I would probably ask my son if he'd want them first. Most likely he would since he collects these pieces as well (mostly baddies and I mostly good guys). If combined with my set, he'd have a COMPLETE collection.

I have zero future plans for my stuff. If I die tomorrow its anybodies guess what happens to my stuff, I dont concern myself with such things.

Although I'd like to think that one day I'll pass my pieces onto someone else
I could probably guarantee that person may think that what they are getting given is crap

Back