starwars hottoys in uk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cel3027

Super Freak
Reaction score
sorry for the noobie question but where do any fellow uk collectors buy there hottoys starwars from ive ordered a few from ss and and understand about the exclusive but what about preordering the regular ones
as once shipping and tax has been applied is there a cheaper option in uk that others use
thanks for any help and advice

It's cheaper to buy direct from Hong Kong-no tax as they almost always send it as a "gift", it's almost always cheaper than buying from sideshow & you get it months before anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Not sure what sellers others are using, but I've ordered the new TFA stuff from Locus HK. They require 20% NRD though.

Yup. Not sure what sellers others are using, but I've ordered the new TFA stuff from Locus HK. They require 20% NRD though.

How customs-friendly are they? I heard/read good things about Angolz and ordered a Hot Toys figure, but they declared the real value and just like that an extra US$70 went away in taxes. :gah:

Haven't received anything from them yet. My first Order from them was Kylo Ren. There was a "notice for customs" section on the order form and I put a very low value so I'll have to see what happens.

Just a warning for UK buyers I just had my 2 pack of stormtroopers cancelled by a major UK seller (Had the preorder since February) as their supplier has reduced the number they are making available to them. The seller went on to tell me that most UK HT sellers are having the same problem with their orders being slashed. So I think I'll definitely order from HK from now on.

Thanks will deffo look at hk which are the most reputable sites any recommend where you have received your item
both items i have from ss got taxed han and chewie set £65 tax but thats uk i managed to dodge fedex handling fees by opening fedex account and my items arrived safe and sound

Just a warning for UK buyers I just had my 2 pack of stormtroopers cancelled by a major UK seller (Had the preorder since February) as their supplier has reduced the number they are making available to them. The seller went on to tell me that most UK HT sellers are having the same problem with their orders being slashed. So I think I'll definitely order from HK from now on.
Which seller is it? I've noticed Kitbash don't have any Force Awakens figures on preorder.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Toy-HQ. I've ordered from them in the past and always been really happy with the service. I've got lots of other Star Wars POs with them so hopefully this doesn't happen again :pray:

Back