Star Wars Troops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey if you decide you want to get rid of just tarkin's uniform, Let me know. Would be as good a place as any to start as far as Iceheart goes. :)

Tarkin uniform is naff the imperial officer uniform has better tailoring but still not the best material.
Heres my troops display, some customs and the sith anakin is going to be replaced with a Hurricane vader OH YEAH!
STA74013.jpg
[/IMG]

Tarkin uniform is naff the imperial officer uniform has better tailoring but still not the best material.
Heres my troops display, some customs and the sith anakin is going to be replaced with a Hurricane vader OH YEAH!
STA74013.jpg
[/IMG]

Very nice. I am impressed with your display.

Damn, i'd forgot how good you can make those hasbro dolls Look DA. Hey, since you've been working with them for a while, i got a question for you. Is it possible to shrink a hasbro head? I've heard some people talking about shrinking heads before, and Tarkin has a huge melon.

Damn, i'd forgot how good you can make those hasbro dolls Look DA. Hey, since you've been working with them for a while, i got a question for you. Is it possible to shrink a hasbro head? I've heard some people talking about shrinking heads before, and Tarkin has a huge melon.

Thanks man! As far as shrinking Hasbro heads.... I have heard that there is a method, just haven't done more research on it. Would be cool though for a few different options, Tarkin being one. Some of the Hasbro heads were just too large. :lol

i think i read somewhere that it involved soaking it in acetone.......but definately research that before trying.:lol

It's reasonable simple. Put the head in a glass or metal container 3+ times bigger then the original size. Pour in the acetone till it covers the head x2. Let set for an hour or till the head swells to twice it's starting size. CAREFULLY remove the head from the acetone (note the head will be VERY fragile. like jello on a hot day fragile) and GENTLY rinse with water and allow to dry. Over the next hour or so, the head will shrink down and the sculpting will become more crisp. Things to remember are

a.) acetone does bad things to paint, plastic and a variety of other materials. if you get any on certain kinds of countertops or floors, it will ruin them.
b.) acetone does bad things to your lungs and you. ventilation and gloves are the key.
c.) it doesn't hurt to practice. go to the dollar store, buy a ghetto Barbie or Joe and do a practice run. if you man-handle the head and spilt it, you're only out a dollar.
d.) shrinkage is variable. the exact formulation of the materials used in an item decides how much it shrinks. an easy rule of thumb is the more flexible a thing is, the more it will shrink.
e.) shrinking makes things brittle. how brittle you ask. like frozen gum brittle.

That's great! Thanks!
And thank you all for contibuting to the thread. :D

However, my fear of shrinking anything is that it might end up shrinking too much! :lol I think a clone trooper will look far better with a big head instead of one that's too small. lol I can already imagine it. :rotfl

We were chatting about it once before in another thread. I did indeed sucessfully shrink a Hasbro Episode 3 clone bucket. It involves soaking in acetone, rising, letting dry and repeat. It is a bit concerting, because when you soak the head in acetone, it actually grows quite a bit. But it will shrink down when it dries. And you know when there really isn't any shrink left when the head dries and it isn't as "squishy" as it was before you started the process... Basically, you are done when it's hard...

This link https://https://www.megomuseum.com/custom/headshrinking.shtml explains the process a little better...

Hope that helps!

Ok, i'll give it a go. The mego site sugests recasting the head after shrinking. Would any of you? (Hint hint DA ;) )
should be ok if it ends up a little small, Tarkin allways looked like he had a smaller head anyways.
tarkin.jpg

Last edited:
Got some more troops to add, a 3 man marmit sandtrooper squad. I wanted to have all 3 pauldren colour and since SSC made 3 endor troopers i figured that a good number to start a squad at. Kept the orange guy clean cleaner because hes the boss and added a lewis gun from the SSC lewis gunner and the cool rifle with the barrels in the middle is a custom with the 2 scopes added. Made a Garindan to be the snitch aswell.
Sandtrooper1.jpg
[/IMG]
Sandtrooper2.jpg
[/IMG]

Back