Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

I want to see a bossk character with a lightsaber. I dont know why.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Who would have thought the movie that proved CGI could be really convincing and realistic would also give us the perfect quote about how it's now ruining movies.

1:02

giphy.gif

It's a perfect parallel Deckard - you da man.

You can't replace a man in a suit :lecture :panic:

I'll let you know after Godzilla to see if he's better than all the previous men in suits.

Did Broderick and Reno fight a man in a suit in 1998? Or was King Kong a man in a suit in Peter Jackson's film? You can't compare those Japanese monsters from 40 odd years ago to the prosthetic make up effects of the last 10 years.

I want to see a bossk character with a lightsaber. I dont know why.

Because it would be awesome, you don't really need a reason. :yess:

Im shocked one hasnt been done....officially..that I know of at least.

What if they announce the Prequels were a bad dream OB1 had and they are redoing them!l

Sent from my GT-P3113

Well it all looks like the announcement was either a bluff or more likely was cancelled due to script concerns by Abrams.

If it was a bluff it's been to distract the paparazzi from elsewhere, have the big three flown into the UK and they're trying to keep it hush hush?

More likely is it was cancelled 2-3 days ago, apparently Abrams is unhappy with something to do with the script and Disney execs are flying to London for a big pow wow. Disney have already released the budget so may be Abrams wants to expand on a certain scene to give better narrative to the story, and with the desire to use practical effects rather than digital i'd guess a small adjustment to the budget may be the reason. Anything other than money could surely be discussed via skype or over the phone, but when you're talking about $1000's then i guess they want to be face-to-face.

Abrams is mad becuase they've told him he's not allowed as many lenseflares as he wants.

I kid. Though, if there are budget concerns, then perhaps they should save money by doing digital photography, instead of traditional film.

The lens flare joke was funny for about 10 minutes sometime last year.

Back