Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

You don't know that!
I could see a Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill who are phoning it in for the pay check and come off as bad as Jake Loyd, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman.

You could be right...But as long as you give Disney the business they dont care...This could be the worst Star Wars film and it will still make over a billion.....I dont care how bad it is the kids will love it...end of story...I for one still enjoy the prequels/Clone Wars for what they were...an extension of the first three films that may never be topped...I will never analyze a Star Wars film...It is what it is ..entertainment taking you to a galaxy far, far, away...I enjoy the Star wars universe and am just happy to see some more of it..thats it..simple...I bet lots will like it...again Billion dollar box office proves that the masses will

Well yeah, but I knew what a-dev meant.

This could be the worst Star Wars film and it will still make over a billion.....

No. If it were really bad it would be the end of a franchise Disney just paid four and a quarter billion dollars to buy. It will take a few years to make that investment back. Disney will carefully craft these films to win over an audience that has spent 15 years ripping the Phantom Menace a new @hole.

Lots of crappy films have big opening weekends. Then weekend 2 hits. The word has gotten around. Normal falloff is 50%, but for a bad film it's 70% or more. Look at John Carter or Jack the Giant Slayer. Those cost $200+m and cratered the floor. Look at Prometheus and the stain of all those lesser Alien films. If people feel burned by Star Wars it's only a matter of time.

Anyone how knows Disney or has gone to the parks knows they sell to ALL age groups. There's the kid's stuff but if you're an old fart with too much money there's prestige items for $$$. Disney wants older Star Wars buyers (like the people on this site) to keep on buying SW stuff like they've done for the last 35 years.

I don't believe JJ is going to settle for poor performances. Disney is not going to just release any polished turd with the name Star Wars.

No. If it were really bad it would be the end of a franchise Disney just paid four and a quarter billion dollars to buy. It will take a few years to make that investment back. Disney will carefully craft these films to win over an audience that has spent 15 years ripping the Phantom Menace a new @hole.

Lots of crappy films have big opening weekends. Then weekend 2 hits. The word has gotten around. Normal falloff is 50%, but for a bad film it's 70% or more. Look at John Carter or Jack the Giant Slayer. Those cost $200+m and cratered the floor. Look at Prometheus and the stain of all those lesser Alien films. If people feel burned by Star Wars it's only a matter of time.

Anyone how knows Disney or has gone to the parks knows they sell to ALL age groups. There's the kid's stuff but if you're an old fart with too much money there's prestige items for $$$. Disney wants older Star Wars buyers (like the people on this site) to keep on buying SW stuff like they've done for the last 35 years.

I don't believe JJ is going to settle for poor performances. Disney is not going to just release any polished turd with the name Star Wars.

I dont believe it will be bad either...But if it's like TPM,AOTC,ROTS it will still make a billion...and many here thought they were bad...This even if it was bad would make 500 million in 2 to 3 weeks no matter what...Unless the muppets star in this they would still rake it in ...fact....youre comparing apples and oranges here...JC,Jack and Prometheus to SW...cmon man no comparision whatsoever...people are going to flock to this no matter what....now if they do a film every year or 2 for many years then the thrill will be gone

JJ Abrams is not a lazy *******. He can get a performance. I'm not worried.

JJ Abrams is not a lazy *******. He can get a performance. I'm not worried.

not worried too...just stating that Star Wars is so loved and revered it would draw them in no matther what...for now any way

Star Trek was amazing. Not OK Jye. :lol The ****....

I'm not going to get into Super 8. But it had great performances.

Never saw ST. May have to before seeing the next one since it does look really good. Super 8 was pretty awesome IMO.

I loved Super 8 too. It was schmutzy, a bit of a uneven story line...but I really, really enjoyed it.

I loved Super 8 too. It was schmutzy, a bit of a uneven story line...but I really, really enjoyed it.

Yeah, it wasn't perfect but I liked it. It reminded me a bit of Stand by Me which is a movie to this day I still enjoy watching from time to time.

I've thoroughly enjoyed all three of JJ's movies he has directed: M:I 3, ST and Super 8. ST Into Darkness looks great too.

And out of the TV shows he's been involved with, I've only watched Alias, Fringe and Person of Interest, all of which I liked.

I have full confidence he will make a great SW movie.

What could be worse than the 1978 SW holiday special....:monkey4

UIcpLPh.gif

SW is in good hands as far as I'm concerned.
cupped-hands-300x198.jpg

You don't know that!

I could see a Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill who are phoning it in for the pay check and come off as bad as Jake Loyd, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman.

Chances of that are slim.

81 year old John Williams is scoring Episode 7

Back