Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold, all of it.

:yess:

On another note I thought it was interesting that when Han said "There's too much Vader in him," that Leia didn't counter him. Instead she replied "That's why I sent him to train with Luke." Pretty interesting. So Ben was a bad messed up dude from the get go and he was sent to Luke with the hopes that his guidance would be a rehabilitative Jedi military school of sorts. And if Snoke got to him *before* his Jedi training as Leia indicated then Luke wasn't to blame for giving powers to a psycho. Obviously they were already there given that Snoke is a Force user and was manipulating Ben. Luke just tried to turn him around.

I'm assuming that Luke's failure was in underestimating just how far gone Ben already was. Leia's failure "that's when I lost you both" was in sending Ben off with Luke instead of his dad. Obviously she tried to correct her mistake but unfortunately it was too little too late.

:yess:

On another note I thought it was interesting that when Han said "There's too much Vader in him," that Leia didn't counter him. Instead she replied "That's why I sent him to train with Luke." Pretty interesting.

I think so. Even moreso that Han Solo of all people has become the "Old Ben" of TFA. Even many of his lines echo what Ben said. He gets the droid to project the "secret message". He gets to hand a "silver weapon" to our young reluctant hero. He takes our hero to a crazy bar full of wacky aliens. He gets to confront the villain with a past history. And he gets to die.

He should change his name to Han Kenobi.

And Unkar Plutt was supposed to show up at the cantina and have his arm ripped off by Chewie. So it would have been Han's version of the Old Ben/Walrsuman encounter, completed with lost arm.

I'm certain there's even more nods. I catch more every time I watch it.

Of course the final nail is the very name of Han's kid: Ben

Never would have thought Han Solo was so moved by Ben Kenobi.

Never would have thought Han Solo was so moved by Ben Kenobi.

Yeah, I'll just assume they chose to honor the guy who "brought everybody together" back when they all first met. It was Ben's idea to go to Alderaan, he orchestrated the meeting with Chewie and Han, which led to them being captured and Han meeting Leia, etc.

You mentioned the silver weapon. If it turns out that Rey was his daughter then Han would have even had a "give the hero her father's weapon" moment.

latest

Yeah, I'm sure going to miss Batman's big EMP gun with red glowing light instead of blue.

Back