Star Wars (Hasbro) Hit with more somber news...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasbro has done GI Joe in several scales. No reason they can't try with SW.

The 3 3/4 lines are kind of like comics--- outdated for an increasing number of kids with every passing year. It's a shame really. After getting the ST license this doesn't bode well for 3 3/4 of that franchise I guess...

It would be a big mistake for them to default their new Star Trek line to 3 3/4. I see the Halo figs next to the SW stuff at Walmart I wish Hasbro wasn't stuck in one gear for 34 years.

As for stuff thats on the shelf. SW always sells good around here. I bet that comment in the thread earlier about Green Lantern selling better than SW is complete bs.( We just started and finished this week of buying the kids THE COMPLETE GL TOY LINE FOR under 20 bucks, that includes store exlusives, SW is never marked

It was not total BS...but your assumption certainly is :dunno. You dont live in my area of MI, so why make such an asinine comment?!?!

While the GL stuff sold about the same as SW at TRU during the holidays, at MY surrounding Targets, Mattels fugly GL stuff absolutely out sold Star Wars during the holiday season. On December 26th, it was obvious. The entire boys toys section looked like a tornado hit it, as it should, but the SWs pegs looked mostly the same as it did 2 days before...same old figures warming the pegs. Same clone wars, same vintage and the same legends figures.

Well, at my local wal-mart, they couldnt give the Green lantern figures away. Thor didnt sell that well either. and as for SW, I couldnt find any new figures anywhere at x-mas time.

That sounds like a great idea, but with SW FIGURE collectors that wouldnt even last a second. They dont like change, hell I dont even think they know what they want. They cry when things are changed, and they cry when thing dont change.

I do not know if this would be true. There was a company at sdcc last year, I think 3A toys??? They showed off some really neat 6 in figures with better detail that were a smash...rumor is Hasbro crash and burned their right to make them...too much of a direct competition to their sales.

3A stuff doesn't even hit shelves, any similarity that could be threatening to hasbro is merely a homage (packaging etc). A new scale would cause a collecting nightmare for me though haha

I don't mean to harp the whole Green Lantern thing but I am in Southern California and I saw a SLEW of Green Lantern figures and the masks at the 99¢ Only store a few weeks ago. Avatar figures also show up there around the holidays. No Star Wars figures but here's hoping!!!

Back