Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said in the other thread, I went expecting to hate this film, and was shocked when I felt like I was in a Star Wars movie again for the first time since I can't even remember. It was a much needed bright spot after a very long, hard dark year. I never did share my own personal stand-out moments, and since so much happened I know I will have forgotten a few. But the moments that really shine to me are (In no order, except the first one for sure):

It was so good to see the new characters come into their own. And so good to see all of the old characters go with dignity and class.

A beautiful thing.

This was a nice read even if I have a more mixed opinion. Tho am more of mild SW fan (more so since Mandalorian tho:love; reading more background). Still, it's been mildly depressing off and on reading not just the rants, but some really thoughtful essays about how Luke & co. affected people's lives. IMO fans bicker but the level of outright hate and fighting got pretty stratospheric. I'd still argue all 3 ST have positives/negatives.

PS. My year was real bad too. Better days:duff

Exactly, but Kylo still had the helmet in his quarters on his ship. So he still had some affinity for Vader.

According to leaks JJ reached out to him for story advice for the first cut of TROS, which Disney promptly threw in the trash because the villain wasn't a huge Sith Lord like Palpatine. It's rumored that's who Matt Smith was playing before they cut him from the project. Originally Palpatine wasn't going to have a physical presence in the movie at all, but would still be referenced.

There's allegedly six different cuts of this movie. Six. :lol

Okay thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and googled it and some guy on Reddit was saying that he had inside info that George and JJ were going to have Matt Smith play "the Son of Mortis" which apparently is related to all those goofy Force characters from the CW TV series. No, no, NO. Holy crap keep that CW cartoon crap out of the films, lol.

The thing with George is that his ideas really should be listened to, because some of them are undeniably great. But there MUST be people who can tell him no. And this was a *hard* freaking no if true. Thank God Iger stepped in if that's the case. "The Son of Mortis" would have had nothing to do with the original idea for the ST (I'm talking original original idea back when they were still making the OT.)

And as far as new ideas we already heard George say on that one James Cameron sci-fi show that he was going to have the microscopic "Whills" be revealed as being in control of the heroes, using their bodies like "vehicles." Well as far as I'm concerned we kind of got that with the generations of Sith infusing Palpatine and the generations of Jedi channeling through Rey. So the ghosts of Sith and Jedi past got to be the Whills. With George you should keep the good ideas and absolutely discard the bad. TROS did a great job of that IMO.

JJ after TFA: "Oh thank God I was able to win fans back after the PT. Glad I'll never have to do *that* again!"

lol

:lol :lol :lol

Classic

Okay thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and googled it and some guy on Reddit was saying that he had inside info that George and JJ were going to have Matt Smith play "the Son of Mortis" which apparently is related to all those goofy Force characters from the CW TV series. No, no, NO. Holy crap keep that CW cartoon crap out of the films, lol.

The thing with George is that his ideas really should be listened to, because some of them are undeniably great. But there MUST be people who can tell him no. And this was a *hard* freaking no if true. Thank God Iger stepped in if that's the case. "The Son of Mortis" would have had nothing to do with the original idea for the ST (I'm talking original original idea back when they were still making the OT.)

And as far as new ideas we already heard George say on that one James Cameron sci-fi show that he was going to have the microscopic "Whills" be revealed as being in control of the heroes, using their bodies like "vehicles." Well as far as I'm concerned we kind of got that with the generations of Sith infusing Palpatine and the generations of Jedi channeling through Rey. So the ghosts of Sith and Jedi past got to be the Whills. With George you should keep the good ideas and absolutely discard the bad. TROS did a great job of that IMO.

I thought his role was going to be either a young Palp or of his son.

But then I also read he was some sort of Sith scientist acolyte or actually Plagueis himself.

But wtf is a Mr. Mortis lol

Oh George you silly goose.

But now let me jump back to TLJ.

Was Yodas lightning telling us Reys lineage all along! :horror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another nice thing about the very last scene is how it contrasts with Rey looking at the old woman in TFA and getting depressed that that might be her own future. This time when she encounters an old woman in the desert she gets to stand tall secure in her own identity and with the knowledge that she does indeed have family watching from above and friends that she can return to at any time.

I am surprised at Khev positive reaction to TROS.

I am now waiting for the moment he decides to turncoat like he did with TLJ

[emoji23]

:lol

Well let me say this. RJ is a massive tool who should never be allowed to set foot on a SW sound stage ever again. But after TROS I don't mind TLJ so much any more. Like bounty hunting loving SW is a complicated profession and I've gone back and forth on the prequels many times over the years so me flip-flopping on TLJ is nothing new, lol. :duff

Was Yodas lightning telling us Reys lineage all along! :horror

:panic:

Another nice thing about the very last scene is how it contrasts with Rey looking at the old woman in TFA and getting depressed that that might be her own future. This time when she encounters an old woman in the desert she gets to stand tall secure in her own identity and with the knowledge that she does indeed have family watching from above and friends that she can return to at any time.

Great connection and I like it that since Alderaan is gone Leia saber is buried with Lukes although Naboo got shafted lol

Great connection and I like it that since Alderaan is gone Leia saber is buried with Lukes although Naboo got shafted lol

Yeah I was kind of surprised that Palpatine didn't target Naboo with his first Star Destroyer instead of that random new planet. And after seeing how the movies are presented on Disney+ I was hoping that LFL would sneak in the classic Fox logo and fanfare one last time. Oh well.

Yeah I was kind of surprised that Palpatine didn't target Naboo with his first Star Destroyer instead of that random new planet. And after seeing how the movies are presented on Disney+ I was hoping that LFL would sneak in the classic Fox logo and fanfare one last time. Oh well.

Dude had it been Naboo AND Endor would?ve been sick.

Gungans and Ewoks eliminated!

Perfect timing on your part....

Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!

I loved it that Palpatine wanted both Luke and Rey to not only fully comprehend what the end results of following thru with that order would be but also fully embrace those consequences.

This movie made me happy like a big dog licking your face.

You never know where that dog's face has been...

6-dog-sniffing-butt.jpg

:horror

Overall 8/10, fun ride. Falls apart in the third act. Helps if you liked the new characters (which I do) and if your ok with new force abilities (which I am).

Full review later.

Back