Star Wars Black Collection, Tamashii Nations C-3PO reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I planned on doing a big sixth scale week, but you know how plans work out. After looking for what seemed like weeks for the Star Wars Black Collection to finally hit shelves, they popped up at the end of last week, and I couldn't resist hitting up two of them tonight - the Sandtrooper and Darth Maul. Yep, they're a step up, although you know I'll find something to complain about.

To keep the sixth scale promise, I do have a great guest review from Jeff Parker on the Tamashii Nation C-3PO. Hey, that's also a Star Wars theme!

You can find the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Cheers Mike, direct link- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082613b.htm

Thought I'd post up a few extra pics-

box2_zpsab5af89c.jpg

detail23_zps1a59e912.jpg

detail21_zpsbc8c9840.jpg

detail18_zps7c634724.jpg

detail16_zps97d1018f.jpg

detail10_zpsa4663ccd.jpg

detail11_zps457d385e.jpg

detail26_zps32e631d4.jpg

detail29_zps717e4ebc.jpg

Last edited:
Really enjoyed your review, wookster, and was interested to read the following:

...Why is it so outstanding? Well, I shall dissect that over the course of the coming categories. But in a nutshell a certain Mr Seiji Takahashi was the impetus behind its creation!

Not familiar with the name?

Well if you are a Star Wars fan, perhaps you should be. He is a designer and master model maker (priding himself on scaled accuracy) and was the man that brought us those early Marmit figures that still stand up so well today, OK, Fett’s helmet shape was a tad off, but for the time of release they were outstanding (and remember they are now over ten years old).

He was also the man that co-wrote the original Japanese Star Wars Chronicles, a weighty tome, and still just about the best reference book available about the movie series. He then put the first Japanese edition of the Star Wars- The Action Figure Archive book together with Steve Sansweet (its worthy of note that both these books superseded the English translated versions). So ultimately he is quite the authority of anything from Lucas’s universe… and I dare say he probably knows more about its machinations than its creator!

In fact, if you want a good read on just how well researched this figure is there is a rather interesting interview with Takahashi in two parts HERE and HERE...
I think most people did not take the "Star Wars scholar" stuff they put into their marketing of the figure very seriously but if anyone can be called a SW scholar, Seiji Takahashi can. Again, great review. Love this figure so it was nice reading such a detailed overview and you brought some new information to the table. Thanks!

Back